WC: 2017 Team Russia

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Here we are, another ****** loss to Canada, we just can't seem to beat them. Canada are like bulldozers on the ice, they're 1.5 times faster than our D men. What to do??? Do we need Bykov back instead of Znarok? Znarok obstinately can't beat Canada.

jimstark

May 22, 2014
I have no Words...up 2-0 before the 3 and the loose 4-2...Penalties killes us again and Belov beeing out 10 min.
Life after CCCP has been hard ..sure some moment 2014 last time but now even when we are changing the team letting inn younger players this **** happens ....i cant belive it
Up to 2-0 i was sure we would win and tought we played very well the only thing i told my Canada buddie was that if Canada score early in the 3 periode during the last 30 Seconds of the penalty this game will change..and boy dit it
I dont know if i can cope with this any more...only hope my fellow Scandinavian will beat Canada in the final

I rellay did not fear og think that this team was so good...was not surprice when we led 2-0 and was wating for 3-0..Vasi was a brick... i dont know what to say.....

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Just as I was afraid, something was going to fail with this team. I really did not like Vasilevsky and Orlov on this team to begin with.

We are in the stretch of losing to Canada at the WC's however this should not last long. This team showed that team Russia and Russian hockey are on the right path, we just need more talent. It is coming very soon!

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Znarok needs to go

We just can't beat Canada, even friggin Switzerland can beat them, but we can't. Germany played 2-1 against them. It's just ridiculous. And who should replace Znarok? Maybe Bykov, since he has experience in beating Canada. Why was Bykov removed in the first place?

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
I don't think that Znarok sucks, but he's not a great coach, that's for sure. He should have calmed up the guys, get them to the right mood for the third period. He failed in that. We played two periods on emotions and we were excelent, on the third period coaches must step up and we lost 4-0. 'Nuff said.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I don't think that Znarok sucks, but he's not a great coach, that's for sure. He should have calmed up the guys, get them to the right mood for the third period. He failed in that. We played two periods on emotions and we were excelent, on the third period coaches must step up and we lost 4-0. 'Nuff said.

Yeah, we sat back and let Canada play their game. No idea what to say. That is a horrible shame that we didn't win this. I was thrilled to see the goals by Kuznetsov and Gusev, but .... to lose like that and give the lead up?? Really, really frustrating.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
I think Znarok or Bill or anyone else would not be able to get a better result out of this team. I actually thought the team played well, however the goal in the beginning of the third was just a killer. If Vasilevsky saves that we win the game. However he proved in his career that in the most important time of the game his brains don't function, he doesn't read well under higher pressure. I am just curious how other goalies would have done.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
We just can't beat Canada, even friggin Switzerland can beat them, but we can't. Germany played 2-1 against them. It's just ridiculous. And who should replace Znarok? Maybe Bykov, since he has experience in beating Canada. Why was Bykov removed in the first place?

Vancouver Olympics followed by that abysmal WHC when pretty much the entire Olympic team was playing and lost in the final to the Czech Republic. Following year finished 4th at WHC.

jimstark

May 22, 2014

You are dead right. They failed big time in the 3 and stopped playing the way they did the first 2 periode which was Perfect heck i even felt calm when Canada was pressing in our sone because our deffence played smart and tight
You have to ask some questions about Znarok ....of course taking 3 penalties after eachother does not help and that helped Canada getter more into it while Russia was just deffending them while the best players sitting on the bench

But you have to wonder if this is a mental thing..and that changing coach would be a good thing now.
I have always hope for Larionov taking over the NT....Bragin is also and candidate but there is a big difference in coaching juniors and the NT.. i dont know but even noe been very angry but mostly sad a see posivite things going on and talentet good Young players coming in after the Ovi era wich for me i hope really is over now. So i choose to stay posivite but boy this one hurts because i tought we was the better team and played Perfect the first 2...its frustrating

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
You are dead right. They failed big time in the 3 and stopped playing the way they did the first 2 periode which was Perfect heck i even felt calm when Canada was pressing in our sone because our deffence played smart and tight
You have to ask some questions about Znarok ....of course taking 3 penalties after eachother does not help and that helped Canada getter more into it while Russia was just deffending them while the best players sitting on the bench

But you have to wonder if this is a mental thing..and that changing coach would be a good thing now.
I have always hope for Larionov taking over the NT....Bragin is also and candidate but there is a big difference in coaching juniors and the NT.. i dont know but even noe been very angry but mostly sad a see posivite things going on and talentet good Young players coming in after the Ovi era wich for me i hope really is over now. So i choose to stay posivite but boy this one hurts because i tought we was the better team and played Perfect the first 2...its frustrating

Yep, it's bitter, but Canadian bulldozer hockey once again prevailed over our artistic and graceful one. Alas, what to do, very annoyed.

XokkeyGuy

Apr 30, 2013
I think Russia played well for the first 2 periods, but this is just things we need to get used to as part of hockey that Canada will always be favoured and get help from refs, especially since they manage to get US refs everytime in important games.

This is a huge problem in international hockey, Canada has too great influence and IIHF are not going to allow Canada to get knocked out when they have been bringing so many NHL-players over the recent years..

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Yep, it's bitter, but Canadian bulldozer hockey once again prevailed over our artistic and graceful one. Alas, what to do, very annoyed.

Prevailed? They won a game. I think we were better then them tonight. Our second period I think we were the best team in the world. Those two goals we scored were something no other Canadian team would have countered.
I think this is how our team should play in the future, CCCP hockey showed that what we do is to play offensively and combinationally (if that word even exists), this was a great tournament for us because we played really good hockey, not the crap we tried to play with bill (with all the due respect to him as a great club's coach).
We just need a coach that is a good motivator.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Russia outplayed Canada for 2 periods, that is a huge achievement. Had they protected the 2:0 lead for 5 more minutes the game is over. Their first goal gave them a momentum and that was it. To me Vasilevsky crapped the bed in the third but it is just my opinion. Nothing to be ashamed of, I actually like Znarok's style, it wins games.

jimstark

May 22, 2014
I think Russia played well for the first 2 periods, but this is just things we need to get used to as part of hockey that Canada will always be favoured and get help from refs, especially since they manage to get US refs everytime in important games.

This is a huge problem in international hockey, Canada has too great influence and IIHF are not going to allow Canada to get knocked out when they have been bringing so many NHL-players over the recent years..

I was thinking about this ..here you are playing a semifinal in the WC where Russia is up 2-0 and then at the end in the 2 gettin another penalty and followed up by 3 more penalties more or less just after eachother what the **** how do you win games like that
I can only hope for a Scandinavian gold tomorow :)

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
2014 Russia wins gold
2015 Russia wins silver
2016 Russia wins bronze
2017 Russia wins 4th place

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Russia outplayed Canada for 2 periods, that is a huge achievement. Had they protected the 2:0 lead for 5 more minutes the game is over. Their first goal gave them a momentum and that was it. To me Vasilevsky crapped the bed in the third but it is just my opinion. Nothing to be ashamed of, I actually like Znarok's style, it wins games.

Yes that was exactly what i said to after the 2. Just keep calm the first 5 min and stay out of the Box and we will have 3 -0 in a breakaway. Russia was perfect and my Canadian friend texted my telling we were much better then Canada

But to say what Ovi says it is what it is...i will have a Cold beer and take with me the positive signs we should have won this game and Russia will get better first and foremost better deffence which has been a nighmare for a long time
**** you Canada and lets go Finland / Sweden

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
There were many things in this tournament that I liked from team Russia. If their defense improves in future years, they will improve as well.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Bragin coached the present generation.

Why not him?

Bragin is like Znarok, just worse. We need someone to coach Soviet hockey back. The problem is even a lot of former Soviet players are all about that ****y hit & run hockey.

But what can you expect from Znaroks, Kvartalnov, Nazarov, Bragin and all others, they played for lesser teams in the Soviet league, and the only way they could do anything vs CSKA, was playing this kind of hockey.

Bykov knows Soviet hockey, but they won't let him get back. And there won't be NHLers at the Olympics, so Znaroks will of course be a big hero. If he wins it... But I actually don't care, Olympic tournament is a 3rd tier hockey without NHLers...

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Bragin is like Znarok, just worse. We need someone to coach Soviet hockey back. The problem is even a lot of former Soviet players are all about that ****y hit & run hockey.

But what can you expect from Znaroks, Kvartalnov, Nazarov and all others, they played for lesser teams in the Soviet league, and the only way they could do anything vs CSKA, was playing this kind of hockey.

Bykov knows Soviet hockey, but they won't let him get back. And there won't be NHLers at the Olympics, so Znaroks will of course be a big hero. If he wins it... But I actually don't care, Olympic tournament is a 3rd tier hockey without NHLers...

I agree with you. I would love to see Soviet hockey come back, but there would have to be special circumstances to make that possible. The senior national team would have to be drawn from the KHL, so that players could report to the national team when the KHL is on break. It requires extraordinarily intense, scientific training, but Russia has a wealth of former players who could provide details about the training.

Obviously, there would have to be special player salary arrangements, to prevent all the best players from being bought by the NHL. And players would have to be able to live normal lives with their families, and not in barracks the way Larionov describes. But I have no doubt that it could be done, and Russia would most likely become favored to win the most prestigious tournaments.

XokkeyGuy

Apr 30, 2013
Obviously, there would have to be special player salary arrangements, to prevent all the best players from being bought by the NHL. And players would have to be able to live normal lives with their families, and not in barracks the way Larionov describes. But I have no doubt that it could be done, and Russia would most likely become favored to win the most prestigious tournaments.

There was some talking from Fetisov 2 years ago or so about changing the minimum age for leaving for NHL from KHL to 28, but I don´t know what happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad