WC: 2017 Team Russia

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
I think that Vasilevsky relies too much on his size - it works with juniors but you need to do an extra step to be successfull in pro hockey. He should be more dynamic, but I think it's a common problem with bigger goalies, and he has time to correct.

jimstark

May 22, 2014
I think that Vasilevsky relies too much on his size - it works with juniors but you need to do an extra step to be successfull in pro hockey. He should be more dynamic, but I think it's a common problem with bigger goalies, and he has time to correct.

Come on our deffence did nothing for him against the american..did you se their 3 goal? A shame

Vasi has been very good so far

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Come on our deffence did nothing for him against the american..did you se their 3 goal? A shame

Vasi has been very good so far

Yes he played well, but I do see that limitation in his game. I think he can do much better. Yeah, also our defensemen should play with more consistency. Belov is the supreme example... in a shift he looks like Pronger, then the next shift he just watches other players scoring :amazed:

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Yes he played well, but I do see that limitation in his game. I think he can do much better. Yeah, also our defensemen should play with more consistency. Belov is the supreme example... in a shift he looks like Pronger, then the next shift he just watches other players scoring :amazed:

Belov needs to be the leader i really hope they bring it all together and that the USA game made them angry.

I can,t stand anymore watching skilled russian players all of a sudden having a sort of mental breakdown doing idiotic things and loosing not becauce of the opponent but because of them.

No its time for them to show their talent, play like a team and stay out of the box we are not winning with 4 guys.

On the IIHF web site there is and interesting interwiev with Dave King
I think its interesting what he says about Russia and the 2 styles of NHL and KHL..maybe Russia in the future should base their WC teams onlye with KHL players and only bring in NHL players who will suit the team if they are out of the playoff and not because they are star players. If all players are can play thats a different thing but i am talking about WC.

My wife has asked me to join her at a early party on saturday. I dont want to go and have said its because i will have to se Russia play the semifinal...so they better win today..

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Not a great performance by Vasilevsky against the USA, to be sure, but the 2 goals in the Second Period created by brainless giveaways on the part of Namestnikov and Provorov completely reversed the momentum of the game. It looked like they might be able to build a bigger margin, but then there would be an immediate unforced turnover right in front of Vasilevsky to tie the game. There is plenty of blame to go around (and don't forget about the NHL stars Kuznetsov and Kucherov for doing their part as well).

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
So, victory against the czechs.
Can Russia beat Canada in the semis?

Young Russian`s have a very unusual look of teamwork, but their skating is a bit slow to be honest, mainly several the d-men have visible condition shortages, if they play even faster than against czechs and will have a ton of luck, they could theoretically win over Canada.

But its heavily doubtful, bronze medal would be like gold for them.
Canada and Sweden are the main contenders for gold this year.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Young Russian`s have a very unusual look of teamwork, but their skating is a bit slow to be honest, mainly several the d-men have visible condition shortages, if they play even faster than against czechs and will have a ton of luck, they could theoretically win over Canada.

Bronze medal like gold ?

This team is very capable of winning any sort of medal, we have half of the team of the current or future NHLers

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014

Maybe you meant the defensemen, but in terms of forwards the Russian team is quite fast. Orlov is very fast and he's a defenseman, for eg.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
So, victory against the czechs.

Can Russia beat Canada in the semis?

They seem to have more speed, quickness and skill than what I have seen from this Canadian team, but Canada has more size and brawn, and they will bring the same elements to bear against Russia that the USA did. To have a chance to win, the team will have to fight for position in close, around the crease, and not be pushed around in front of their own goal. If they fail to respond to the physical challenge that Canada will present, then it will mean contending for Bronze on Sunday.

ts20

May 18, 2017
Vladivostok
A good one result for our team, while the organising moments like the ice quality and referees as well a still really bad.

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Where are now the Orlov-Kuzya haters?

Both played good and Kuzya really stepped it up. They better tomorow as well
If Kuzya is on he should get more ice time tomorow his skating on bigger ice is sometimes like watching the great Fedorov where he just flyes around everyone

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Some quick toughts from the game against the Check :

1) Our deffence was much better i felt that Russia controlled the game just like they wanted a litle boring to watch but i felt they had perfect Control

2) Vasi was good when tested

3) Still to many penalties if this does not stop tomorow they are ****ed...

4) I say the same thing every year why does not our deffence shoot more? Belov seems like the only guy really shooting. Tomorow we need shots on goal and players aka Telegin in front doing the dirty work

5) Dadonov must have broken up wiht his girlfriend or something during the tournament he has not been very good last games and looked very angry..

6) I feel a litle sorry for Nichuskin he really does a good job playing when we are one man down but other than that he is struggeling, look clumsy and is everything which i dont remember about him before the injury. He look dead tired to me. Could had a goal yesterday but...

If we can beat Canada? Hell yea and tomorow being back in Germany with lots of fans we will :)

antidotevsk

May 10, 2009
Voskresensk, Russia

what? this Russian team has much more speed than most of al lteams at this WC

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Watch for Russia going out hard the first 5 min not Canada. I think Znarok going to change som things..we gonne win this one i am very calm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad