WC: 2017 Team Czech Republic

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
I don't know why, but I'm really excited to see Zohorna play. He clearly deserves more ice time - maybe a line swap with Kovar?

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
I don't know why, but I'm really excited to see Zohorna play. He clearly deserves more ice time - maybe a line swap with Kovar?

Problem with Kovar is that you have to adapt both wings to him, but he is not Jagr caliber imo. If coaches manage it, it would be great, but both wings would have to commit a lot from their play. All I want to say is that Kovar is not that good on this stage that somebody should adapt to him, on the contrary he should adapt to team and if he is not able to it, he shouldnt be in roster imo. But for sure flying Zohorna and Radil is possible solution for that second line.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Just saw the article on hokej.cz. Rucinsky says that Sobotka is healthy and ready to play, but they don't know whether they will add him into the roster or not, because they have already 13 forwards + Holik, are you ****ing kidding me now? We are not in the position to not take player like Sobotka.

I will be seriously pissed as hell if they don't take him and the reason will be ****ing Hyka and Holik (nothing against them) but you know what I mean. Seriously, why do they need to have so many useless players registered on the roster when someone like Sobotka is on the verge of elimination in the play-offs and now also eliminated?

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Just saw the article on hokej.cz. Rucinsky says that Sobotka is healthy and ready to play, but they don't know whether they will add him into the roster or not, because they have already 13 forwards + Holik, are you ****ing kidding me now? We are not in the position to not take player like Sobotka.

I will be seriously pissed as hell if they don't take him and the reason will be ****ing Hyka and Holik (nothing against them) but you know what I mean. Seriously, why do they need to have so many useless players registered on the roster when someone like Sobotka is on the verge of elimination in the play-offs and now also eliminated?

I too think that taking Sobotka is simply a must! I would have taken Jaskin too, as he can play both LW/RW! The 3rd line has been the least effective imo. Why not: Birner - Sobotka - Jaskin as 3d line?

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
This is gold -

This is gonna be brought up everytime some connection problem happens again. lol

I too think that taking Sobotka is simply a must! I would have taken Jaskin too, as he can play both LW/RW! The 3rd line has been the least effective imo. Why not: Birner - Sobotka - Jaskin as 3d line?

I agree with both. Sobotka shouldn't even be a question. I like Holik and Hyka is not that bad either, but Sobotka is somewhere else than those two. Jaskin would look good in the bottom 6, but since they have already added Hyka it's very unlikely they would add two more forwards. Adding Hyka was imo stupid, especially if they knew Holik and Sobotka are still possibility.
Do you think 7 defensemen is good enough they would think of adding both Sobotka and Holik?

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Yeah, that was quite a weird statement from Rucinsky....from what I saw of Sobotka in the playoffs he was fantastic. I can't believe they wouldn't ask him to come over someone like Holik or Hyka.

Who was that who was saying that for once they agree with all the player choices? :D

There's always that one decision that annoys you ^^

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Today Gudas was invited to a chat-discussion online where people asked him all sorts of questions.

When asked whether Jerabek and Simek would be able to set foot in NHL he answered: Yes; Jerabek is going to play in Montreal, so everybodys eyes will be on him. On Simek he said that he is going to learn from one of the best defensemen of the entire league. So now the question remains what team has an outstanding D-man and is in need of backup: maybe Ottawa (Erik Karlsson?)

EDIT: San Jose would obviously also be possible (Brent Burns).. Plus they got another Czech guy (Hertl).

I know its a lot of speculation; lets rather just wait until he confirms himself ;-) Thats the reason behind him not confirming his contract in first place.

Last edited:

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Today Gudas was invited to a chat-discussion online where people asked him all sorts of questions.

When asked whether Jerabek and Simek would be able to set foot in NHL he answered: Yes; Jerabek is going to play in Montreal, so everybodys eyes will be on him. On Simek he said that he is going to learn from one of the best defensemen of the entire league. So now the question remains what team has an outstanding D-man and is in need of backup: maybe Ottawa (Erik Karlsson?)

EDIT: San Jose would obviously also be possible (Brent Burns).. Plus they got another Czech guy (Hertl).

I know its a lot of speculation; lets rather just wait until he confirms himself ;-) Thats the reason behind him not confirming his contract in first place.

That comment screams San Jose and Brent Burns to me. Either way Simek is fantastic so far and I am very excited to see how he adapts to NA. Serious question, do you think Simek is currently a top 3 Czech defenseman? :huh: Gudas and Kempny are the only ones I would rank ahead of him.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
That comment screams San Jose and Brent Burns to me. Either way Simek is fantastic so far and I am very excited to see how he adapts to NA. Serious question, do you think Simek is currently a top 3 Czech defenseman? :huh: Gudas and Kempny are the only ones I would rank ahead of him.

What type of D-man is Simek? Any comparables?

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.

But Roman Polak plays for the Leafs :sarcasm:

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016

Out of the most recent WC games I have completely watched he looked very consistent to me. I think if he can maintain his consistency than he really is a top 3 Czech defenseman (honestly, who other would take 3. rank out of Czech defensemen if not him? Of course there are Polak and Roszival - but they are going to hang their skates soon). Also I was really impressed by Rutta; only played Extraliga up to now as far as I know and performs that well against also tougher opponents like Finland and Canada :amazed:.

Last edited:

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Out of the most recent WC games I have completely watched he looked very consistent to me. I think if he can maintain his consistency than he really is a top 3 Czech defenseman (honestly, who other would take 3. rank out of Czech defensemen if not him? Of course there are Polak and Roszival - but they are going to hang their skates soon). Also I was really impressed by Rutta; only played Extraliga up to now as far as I know and performs that well against also tougher opponents like Finland and Canada :amazed:.

Polak is very consistent and proven by NHL imo. He still has 4-5 season ahead at least.So I personally rank him before Simek now. But Simek has potential to be top czech defensman. I am not hockey expert but he is ready to play next 82 NHL matches. Not so many czech guys are that ready.He is. If Jerabek works as hard as Simek, he might be even better (in terms of potential imo).

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I got a feeling that Jandač would not win a tournament even if he was coaching stacked Canada. :sarcasm: Come on, prove me wrong Pepa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad