WC: 2017 Team Czech Republic

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Ah, sucks for Holik, damn it. But Kubalik is very good replacement.

I wonder who will play with Voracek and Cervenka now.

Still nothing new regarding Krejci, that doesn't look good.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
I think it's better if he creates scoring oppurtunities, plays hard, physical hockey rather than if he just doesn't do anything possitive, especially at bottom 6 role.
Kubalik produced very well at Karjala/Channel One Cup, he just can't find his scoring touch at the moment. But he probably won't play anyway, maybe just some games vs Norway, Slovenia or France.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Vondrka would be better replacement + he already played with Cervus many times. Don't understand why Kubalik :sarcasm:

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Lines against Canada:

Cervenka-Plekanec-Pastrnak
Voracek-Kovar-Radil
Birner-Vrana-Repik
Zohorna-Horak-Hanzl

Simek-Gudas
Kempny-Kundratek
Krejcik-Jerabek
Rutta

Mrazek

Kolar, Sulak, Hyka, Lev & Kubalik are not on the official roster yet. Still nothing new regarding Krejci.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Just wondering, which will have the most PP time on blueline, Kempny or Jerabek?

I think the two of them will have the most time, but this year we have a wider choice. Å imek, Krejčík, Rutta .. Everybody can be very important for PP.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
such a young (for czech purpose ofc, we are not sweden with 22 years old world class defenders, the oldest is 27 years old Kundratek :) ) and promising defense ... I don't remember when was the last time I was so proud of our team and especialy defense :)

I absolutely agree with all 7 defenders :handclap:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Polasek is good but he is small and slow-ish. For a tournament like this I would rather take players with different combination.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Krejcik was very average in SHL. I always find it strange he is always playing for czech national team.

And why is Petr Vrana on the team? He was not good enough for KHL and SHL the last 2 seasons.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Krejcik was very average in SHL. I always find it strange he is always playing for czech national team.

He was solid for Medvescak and, more importantly, pretty much Extraliga playoffs MVP so he is in really good position at the moment.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
I have to agree with you guys, our defense is very interesting and encouraging...

It is premature, I know, but if everything goes well next season, then there are 4 NHL defensemen on the team tomorrow, starting against Canada, in the age range of 24 to 26. It's not terrific, but it is (or it would be) very good start for us.

I am not fan of P.Vrana on this team, otherwise I really like the team, and fingers crossed for David Krejci. Or eventually Vladimir Sobotka?

One thing for which we have to give credit to Jandac and co. is that he really selects the best available players. That's for sure.

I can't wait for tomorrow's game, hoping for a good atmosphere in Paris.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I would replace Rutta for Polasek. BUT after Hadamczik's and Ruzicka's weird nominations I believe Jandac takes the best players.

Rutta is fine. Very productive defender. Check his play off stats and after joining national team when Pirati were defeated he had another 3 pts in 4 matches. Which our defender can say that? I think only Sustr or Polak can beat him in this top 7 and none of them is playing :) ... and defensively he is on the same level as all best czech extraleague defenders (Simek, Krejcik etc.)

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I am personally not a huge fan of Vrana either, but I have to admit I liked him in the last pre-tournament games. I think he deserved to get in.

I don't understand why some of you are so high on the defense. Some younger players and ones that can support offense (finally), but even then it's just above average in a tournament like this. Not even gonna mention how would it stand in best on best tournament... Personally I am very skeptical towards Jerabek's and Simek's NHL chances, hopefully I will be proven wrong though.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I am personally not a huge fan of Vrana either, but I have to admit I liked him in the last pre-tournament games. I think he deserved to get in.

I don't understand why some of you are so high on the defense. Some younger players and ones that can support offense (finally), but even then it's just above average in a tournament like this. Not even gonna mention how would it stand in best on best tournament... Personally I am very skeptical towards Jerabek's and Simek's NHL chances, hopefully I will be proven wrong though.

Everytime when we don't have quality we are calling for "give atleast chance to younger players"
And now we have it :)
Seriously I can imagine this defense (if there was some "old school" coach), because they all are proven:
Nemec - Gudas
Kolar - Barinka
Kadlec - Pilar
Etc.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Looking forward to the first game!

I'm not as high on the defence as others here (not convinced it's that great) but will be interested to see how things go against a strong opponent. I certainly hope I don't see any glaringly horrible mistakes from our D-core......

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007

Zacha is weird person. Very influenced by his father. And his father doesn't have ideal relationship with czech hockey association. Zacha (player) was invited to camp but after few days without comunication from his side he declined. Due to injury etc. Everybody knows it's nonsense. He was probably pissed because coach of national team wanted to try him in pre tournament matches first.

He's very slowly starting to behave like a prima donna.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Rutta should swap lines with Krejcik.
Zohorna should swap lines with Kovar.
Francouz should be No. 1 in the next games, Mrazek was just fine but nowhere near Pickard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad