WC: 2017 Team Czech Republic

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
I was very impressed with the Repik-Vrana-Birner line, good puck movers, they can skate really well and are able to add a few goals. Looking forward to watch them against SWI.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I was very impressed with the Repik-Vrana-Birner line, good puck movers, they can skate really well and are able to add a few goals. Looking forward to watch them against SWI.

:laugh:
SUI = Switzerland
SWE = Sweden

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I was Mrazek fan since 2011, but this year Francouz is clearly better. Actually based on Mrazek's play, I'm surprised he's still NHL goaltender.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
I hope Jandac realizes that he should resign after WC - even if we somehow turn out to win it. He is not taking any timeouts, cant impact the game, looks absolutely clueless for most part of the game and on top of all doesn't seem to reach the players at all. I mean we've got a really decent roster, there is just no way we can play this bad! In my opinion he is just not capable of coaching on an international level. Why aren't we going for a Canadian coach once in a while?

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I hope Jandac realizes that he should resign after WC - even if we somehow turn out to win it. He is not taking any timeouts, cant impact the game, looks absolutely clueless for most part of the game and on top of all doesn't seem to reach the players at all. I mean we've got a really decent roster, there is just no way we can play this bad! In my opinion he is just not capable of coaching on an international level. Why aren't we going for a Canadian coach once in a while?

And his interview after the game :sarcasm:

"We don't know what happened..." etc.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague

The roster is decent, but the team has two major flaws. They can't even score from 100% chances. I know they scored a ton against Slovenia, Belarus or France, but games against Norway, Finland, Switzerland and Canada were just terrible scoring wise. SO MANY chances burned for nothing. The second one is a pretty bad defense (defensively). Jerabek makes mistakes, Krejcik is even worse and Kundratek is not even worth commentating. Guy is having a terrible tournament. Sulak played just one game and you could see he is fram from a defensive beast. Rutta isn't that good either, but he is solid at least.

I don't know to what extent can a coach fix these issues. I am not against a coach change though, foreign one would be interesting but not sure how much the Czech hockey association is open to that.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Russia is beatable imo. I dont believe their style fits to fast paced aggressive hockey. If we annoy them we have a chance to win it. But we have to play like against Canada or Finnland. Bad think is we are close to the stage where it finally matters. And that's where Pepino ussually start to have issues. So I hope Pepa evolve his personality and this was just typical one bad game.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
If they give it 100% effort, if they will rush the net, keep it simple, if they will play effective, skate fast, if the goaltending will be strong, if they will have enough luck, then they can beat the Russians ..

And after how they've played the 2nd half of the tournament i don't think they are able to do it. Not with that impotent scoring, slow skating and often swiss cheese defense.

It's just one game though, who knows what will happen :popcorn:

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
You have to read the interview Jandac gave on hokej.cz ("Bad starts into the games? Players need to realize the urgency of the situation - Jandac"). This sounds pretty serious.

Jandac also mentioned that the coaching staff showed the entire team footage gathered throughout the group games showing their bad starts (1st period) into the game...And even after showing them today before the game against SUI.

Either we are going to see a completely different Czech team (I'm really hoping for a miracle) or Thursdays QF will result in a major blowout.

And quite frankly, I think Russia is a better opponent for us than Sweden or USA (judging by experience there always seems to be a special note to a CZE-RUS game, mostly favoring our style of playing)

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
You have to read the interview Jandac gave on hokej.cz ("Bad starts into the games? Players need to realize the urgency of the situation - Jandac"). This sounds pretty serious.

Jandac also mentioned that the coaching staff showed the entire team footage gathered throughout the group games showing their bad starts (1st period) into the game...And even after showing them today before the game against SUI.

Either we are going to see a completely different Czech team (I'm really hoping for a miracle) or Thursdays QF will result in a major blowout.

And quite frankly, I think Russia is a better opponent for us than Sweden or USA (judging by experience there always seems to be a special note to a CZE-RUS game, mostly favoring our style of playing)

Even though I think today's performance was really pathetic and didn't make me very hopeful, I feel it the same. I personally didn't want Sweden, I think they are going to elevate their level of play in the QF to another level.

KurtSloan

Apr 10, 2014
Czech Republic
I think that our performances has had decreasing level, which doesn't make me very positive before QF.

The best performace was in my opinion against Canada, even though we lose. The game against Belarus was quite solid too. Then we played just one solid period against Finland with lucky end. The game against Norway was bad from start to the end. I don't know what a score against France could be after 2nd period without luck..Yesterday's game was quite similar to the game against Norway, 'Bloodless' performance...The game against the weakest team of the group is not worth to evaluate..

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
I think that our performances has had decreasing level, which doesn't make me very positive before QF.

The best performace was in my opinion against Canada, even though we lose. The game against Belarus was quite solid too. Then we played just one solid period against Finland with lucky end. The game against Norway was bad from start to the end. I don't know what a score against France could be after 2nd period without luck..Yesterday's game was quite similar to the game against Norway, 'Bloodless' performance...The game against the weakest team of the group is not worth to evaluate..

Was there for all the games and I agree. Czech team started strong vs Canada but the other games were not at the same level. Not consistent enough for 60 min, too many passes instead of shooting, too many passes across the slot - systematic, so easy to defend.
There's some good things, but not for 60 min.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Jakub Voráček - Jan Kovář - Vladimír Sobotka

David Pastrňák - Robin Hanzl - Roman Červenka

Michal Řepík - Petr Vrána - Michal Birner

Roman Horák - Tomáš Plekanec - Tomáš Zohorna

Line changes. I dont know, I think we should be more aggressive and fast. To be honest I would rather see Hyka and Radil there. We have to play like our third line does imo to win it. Hanzl plays well though so it might work. I dont see that many issues about his skating as somebody tend to note. He looks quite fast.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Jakub Voráček - Jan Kovář - Vladimír Sobotka

David Pastrňák - Robin Hanzl - Roman Červenka

Michal Řepík - Petr Vrána - Michal Birner

Roman Horák - Tomáš Plekanec - Tomáš Zohorna

Line changes. I dont know, I think we should be more aggressive and fast. To be honest I would rather see Hyka and Radil there. We have to play like our third line does imo to win it. Hanzl plays well though so it might work. I dont see that many issues about his skating as somebody tend to note. He looks quite fast.

Edit US played against Russia like Switzerland played against us. Question is if we are able to park bus infront our net without mistakes or we have to constantly rush into russian net relying on Francouz saving some our breakaway mistakes...

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
You can't win with a team that has a scoring ability of juniors. Has been the case for the last few years. Weak ass inaccurate shots, no one timers. Frustrating :(

KurtSloan

Apr 10, 2014
Czech Republic
A team that has been considered as one of the best in recent years was totally hopeless in offense and so soft and naive in defense...really depressed to watch games against Norway, Switzerland and Russia..

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
NHLers should have been better. Period. Plekanec, Pastrnak and Voracek combined for whooping 2 goals... pathetic.

Even our best possible team is incredibly mediocre compared to other top nations.

Best possible? Unless you mean from what was available.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
NHLers should have been better. Period. Plekanec, Pastrnak and Voracek combined for whooping 2 goals... pathetic.

Best possible? Unless you mean from what was available.

I haven't seen big parts of the game (no big deal though due to their bad game play), but judging from the stats it looks very much like déjà-vu. All Czech national teams have serious systemic problems (lack of scoring is just one of them). Plekanec was absolutely harmless and completely invisible throughout the tournament. Pastrnak had some actions here and then but couldn't transfer his game from NHL to Paris (compare his game to Nylander f.x. - what a difference!), even though he was playing with Voracek and Kovar...This tournament has been one big disappointment!

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Even our best possible team is incredibly mediocre compared to other top nations.

You probably consider our best team playing to its full potential. Here I have to disagree with you. What we saw was not a ceiling of this team imo. No one convince me that this was the best we are capable of, not when they changed lines every day, not when 30 goals guys dont score etc. This team looked more and more sleepy as the tourney continued. They didnt put them into the shape. The game where Francouz and Hanzl were our best players should be our peak? Give me a break. There was something wrong....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad