2017 nhl redraft 1-15

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Look hieskanen is still really good I just see a higher ceiling with some of those guys right now. It’s still to damn early to tell if it’s a bad or good list only time will tell and it’s just personal opinion

Heiskanens ceiling is a frachise 2way #1D.
I hope you then have some damm high expectations for the guys above him.

Reactions: Kcb12345

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
1. Hischier
2. Pettersson/Heiskanen
3. Heiskanen/Pettersson

4. Patrick
5. Mittlestadt
6. Vilardi (had a very dominant season)

7. Tolvanen
8. Makar
9. Veselainen
10. Chytil.

Heiskanen and Pettersson both had dominant seasons and i have them both interchangeable (one is a center/winger and the other a defenseman).

Reactions: Kcb12345

santapore

Oct 11, 2010
Heiskanen and Pettersson both had dominant seasons and i have them both interchangeable (one is a center/winger and the other a defenseman).[/QUOTE]

its great that they got dominant seasons but wake the hell up...only 2 players from that draft class were all season in nhl and playoffs too. if hischier or patrick were playing in shl...they would over shadow petterson anyday of the week. nhl > any other league .

ps. as a fin i really think heiskanen will have awesome career in head of him. maybe best def in the wolds for finland. gz for dallas. ->more beer

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
if hischier or patrick were playing in shl...they would over shadow petterson anyday of the week.
that's false. I highly doubt Hischier/Patrick would have set the record for the highest scoring U20 player in SHL history. Sure they're more NHL ready, but if they were in SHL, they would not have had a season as good as Pettersson's. Unless you're trying to tell me that Nolan Patrick is better than Peter Forsberg.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Hischier and Patrick are locked in at 1-2 until other players can show (in the NHL) that they are better. i don't give a crap what someone does in another league, it's not the NHL. Hischier and Patrick were the only two good enough to make it this year. all the others weren't good enough. maybe that will eventually change, but this shouldn't even be a debate right now.

HC7

May 2, 2018
Hischier and Patrick are locked in at 1-2 until other players can show (in the NHL) that they are better. i don't give a crap what someone does in another league, it's not the NHL. Hischier and Patrick were the only two good enough to make it this year. all the others weren't good enough. maybe that will eventually change, but this shouldn't even be a debate right now.

We get you're a Flyers fan, but it's quite obvious he wouldn't be #2 in a re-draft.

30 points isn't impressive from a #2 overall pick. What Pettersson, Heiskanen, and Tolvanen did was impressive.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
  1. Elias Pettersson
  2. Nico hischier
  3. Casey mittlestadt
  4. Nolan Patrick
  5. Martin necas
  6. Eeli tolvanen
  7. Miro hieskanen
  8. Cale makar
  9. Cody glass
  10. klim kostin
  11. Lias Anderson
  12. Filip chytil
  13. Erik brannstrom
  14. kristian vesalainen
  15. Gabe vilardi

There’s a poll on here breaking down their D+1 seasons, where Liljegren convincingly beat out Erik Brannstrom. Here it is:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...rik-brannstrom-better-regular-season.2478395/

I think it’s tough to justify ranking Brannstrom above Liljegren right now.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
that's false. I highly doubt Hischier/Patrick would have set the record for the highest scoring U20 player in SHL history. Sure they're more NHL ready, but if they were in SHL, they would not have had a season as good as Pettersson's. Unless you're trying to tell me that Nolan Patrick is better than Peter Forsberg.
The SHL isn't half the league it was in the past. Beating SHL records is getting easier (as evidenced for example by Axel Holmstrom setting the U20 playoff scoring record that Pettersson beat this year). Young swedish talent is choosing to leave faster than ever before, and the players that aren't quite good enough for NHL but could be stars in the SHL are to a higher degree going to Russia or other european leagues.
That isn't a knock against Pettersson, but Patrick and definitely Hischier would absolutely be likely to put up big numbers in the SHL without being anywhere near the players Forsberg was. Just like Pettersson isn't now and is unlikely to ever be anything close to what Forsberg was.
There’s a poll on here breaking down their D+1 seasons, where Liljegren convincingly beat out Erik Brannstrom. Here it is:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...rik-brannstrom-better-regular-season.2478395/

I think it’s tough to justify ranking Brannstrom above Liljegren right now.
57% isn't really a convincing win in a hfboards poll, especially when one of the prospects in the poll belongs the board's biggest and most fanatic fanbase. I'd say both had fairly equal seasons, nothing difficult to justify about ranking one ahead of the other.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Unless you're trying to tell me that Nolan Patrick is better than Peter Forsberg.
What a ridiculously premature comment. You can’t, with a straight face, actually believe you can know for certain EP is better than Forsberg because he put up more points in the same league as he did 25ish years ago.

Teemu Pulkinnen closed in on Selanne’s Finnish scoring records, and are in no way comparable. Maybe Pettersson does become better than Forsberg, he certainly has a high potential, but cross era stat watching is meaningless, especially with no context of ToI or playing situations

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Are you trying to say Elias Pettersson is better than Peter Forsberg just because he broke a record he held? Do you know anything about the lower league quality of the SHL since then?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Why not? I think they would crush the SHL. Similarly, Petterson would get outmatched in the NHL right now and probably play a limited role.

You really gotta wait a bit before making some of these comments. We know Petterson can play and dominate on the big ice. But the NHL game is much different and he will take time to adjust just like Patrick.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Lol lower league quality. Did you guys account for the fact that scoring in the SHL is much lower than it was?

And no, I didn't say that Pettersson is better than Forsberg

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
The SHL isn't half the league it was in the past. Beating SHL records is getting easier (as evidenced for example by Axel Holmstrom setting the U20 playoff scoring record that Pettersson beat this year). Young swedish talent is choosing to leave faster than ever before, and the players that aren't quite good enough for NHL but could be stars in the SHL are to a higher degree going to Russia or other european leagues.
That isn't a knock against Pettersson, but Patrick and definitely Hischier would absolutely be likely to put up big numbers in the SHL without being anywhere near the players Forsberg was. Just like Pettersson isn't now and is unlikely to ever be anything close to what Forsberg was.

57% isn't really a convincing win in a hfboards poll, especially when one of the prospects in the poll belongs the board's biggest and most fanatic fanbase. I'd say both had fairly equal seasons, nothing difficult to justify about ranking one ahead of the other.
Yeah breaking records is so easy that no one has done it in 41 years. Sounds almost too easy to me

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
but if they were in SHL, they would not have had a season as good as Pettersson's. Unless you're trying to tell me that Nolan Patrick is better than Peter Forsberg.
And no, I didn't say that Pettersson is better than Forsberg

In order to be as good as Pettersson, Patrick would need to be better than Forsberg.... What do you think that means about Pettersson?

Reactions: GagneHanson12

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
We get you're a Flyers fan, but it's quite obvious he wouldn't be #2 in a re-draft.

30 points isn't impressive from a #2 overall pick. What Pettersson, Heiskanen, and Tolvanen did was impressive.

Patrick would’ve been just as impressive in his league had he been left behind a year as well. He was good enough to make the NHL, those others weren’t.

He had a slow start because of injuries and not getting to train in the summer, but his 2nd half he was incredible.

You can’t compare an NHL player to other players in a league that isn’t as good. I’ll believe those players are better when A)they’re actually playing in the NHL, and B)when they outproduce Patrick.

You’re in for a real surprise when you see what a fully healthy Patrick will do next season. I bet he easily out points Pettersson and Tolvanen.

Last edited:

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC

Eh, I think it’s convincing enough. Given that Liljegren had the better season and did it while adjusting to small ice and a more physical league, it’s safe to say he’s ahead of Brannstrom at the moment on most redraft lists.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
You implied it by proxy via transititve property.

Patrick has to be better than Forsberg to match Pettersson
I'm sorry if I implied it. Regardless the point is that Patrick wouldn't have outscored Pettersson had he been in the SHL this past season. That also doesn't mean that Pettersson would have outscored Patrick had he been in the nhl last season

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Patrick would’ve been just as impressive in his league had he been left behind a year as well. He was good enough to make the NHL, those others weren’t.

He had a slow start because of injuries and not getting to train in the summer, but his 2nd half he was incredible.

You can’t compare an NHL player to other players in a league that isn’t as good. I’ll believe those players are better when A)they’re actually playing in the NHL, and B)when they outproduce Patrick.

You’re in for a real surprise when you see what a fully healthy Patrick will do next season. I bet he easily out points Pettersson and Tolvanen.
He may score more than them next year but he won't for many years past that. Patrick has a low ceiling of a good 2nd liner and he doesn't have the skill level to go past that. One of the most underwhelming second overalls in recent memory imo

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
He may score more than them next year but he won't for many years past that. Patrick has a low ceiling of a good 2nd liner and he doesn't have the skill level to go past that. One of the most underwhelming second overalls in recent memory imo

Patrick’s ceiling is more than a 2nd line center, his ceiling is a #1 center, his floor is a 2C. Have you even read one single scouting report on him? He wouldn’t have been drafted 2nd overall if the best scouts thought of him was as a 2C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad