2017 nhl redraft 1-15

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I think you’re projecting because I don’t take offense. Just find it curious how his biggest critics either go completely silent or try to restructure their argument to work around the fact that his production greatly improved. Kudos for going from ”bust” to ”floor of 40 points” in the span of a season, but all it shows is that you (and many others) were way off on him earlier so it’s not a stretch of the imagination to think you might be a little off still.
Using a hfboards poll as ”evidence” only tells me you know very little about them other than one being more popular than the other.
Yeah ok sorry man, I was wrong.
Clearly none of Detroit's prospects can be less than 80 point players.
Rasmussen will be better than McDavid tbh

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yeah ok sorry man, I was wrong.
Clearly none of Detroit's prospects can be less than 80 point players.
Rasmussen will be better than McDavid tbh
How you got to that from me saying I think he's on Vilardi's level, I don't know. But you seemed to have a rather irrational dislike for him since day 1 so not very surprised you can't accept your opinion on him being challenged.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
No, they did not made it to finals without Johansen, they lost the finals without him.

Ekholm, Ellis 2/3 D? then i guess you only have like 10-15 1D in the league, because both are easily among the 31 best D in the league. I would rank them about as high among d-men as i would rank Bergeron among centers. Both would score more points in a different team where they got more prime ice time.

Most good teams have good players overall, but please mention even 1 team that has won or even gone very far without any good forwards?

Again, a team with

Forsberg - Stamkos - Arvidsson
J H Gaudreau - Barkov - Benn
Fiala - Johansen - Smith
Sissons - Turris - Bonino

Would win SC with ease even if they had the worse D in the league, and that is how nashvilles team could look like if they would replace the D with similar good forwards.
Ya because there are plenty of players similar to benn and Stamkos and teams would just love to get rid of them .

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Yeah it’s just funny how a 6’6” guy that skates really well and plays a very pro-ready game supposedly has a low ceiling. It could be true, but I think we both know his production was the major thing held against him previously. Now production doesn’t matter and he still has low upside? Okay then..
Never underestimate the average human’s ability to have self serving cognitive dissonance when they’ve already made up their mind on something.

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
1.Hisher
2.Patrick
3/4/5 no specific order
Tolvanen
Petterson
Middlestat
6.Heiskanen
7.Makar
8.Necas
9.Yamamoto
10.Glass
11.Cytil
12.Andersson
13.Vilardi
14.Vesalanien
15. Thomas

I would put them above patrick but patrick was in the nhl, I have Middlestat Tolvanen and Petterson all on the same level.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
100000% agree. People dont watch any of the prospects until the WJC then base everything on a 2 week sample. Its the reason why Mittlestadt is the second coming of Jesus in most re-rankings despite all the players drafted around him having equally good seasons and the ones drafted before him having better seasons.

Or they watched him play in college and didn’t just look at stat sheets.

Here’s a stat for the stat watchers...5 points in his first 6 pro games despite playing on the lowest scoring team in the league.

OregonCanuck

Dec 26, 2017
Bend, OR
  1. Elias Pettersson
  2. Nico hischier
  3. Casey mittlestadt
  4. Nolan Patrick
  5. Martin necas
  6. Eeli tolvanen
  7. Miro hieskanen
  8. Cale makar
  9. Cody glass
  10. klim kostin
  11. Lias Anderson
  12. Filip chytil
  13. Erik brannstrom
  14. kristian vesalainen
  15. Gabe vilardi

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
1.Hisher
2.Patrick
3/4/5 no specific order
Tolvanen
Petterson
Middlestat
6.Heiskanen
7.Makar
8.Necas
9.Yamamoto
10.Glass
11.Cytil
12.Andersson
13.Vilardi
14.Vesalanien
15. Thomas

I would put them above patrick but patrick was in the nhl, I have Middlestat Tolvanen and Petterson all on the same level.

1. Elias Pettersson
  2. Nico hischier
  3. Casey mittlestadt
  4. Nolan Patrick
  5. Martin necas
  6. Eeli tolvanen
  7. Miro hieskanen
  8. Cale makar
  9. Cody glass
  10. klim kostin
  11. Lias Anderson
  12. Filip chytil
  13. Erik brannstrom
  14. kristian vesalainen
  15. Gabe vilardi
Heiskanen is the youngest ever to win D-man of the year in Liiga, made the Olympics team, Worlds team and he drops to 6th/7th?

I thought guys with #1D potential carried more weight than that. I'll say it again, I'm amazed how few at HF realize the season he just had.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Heiskanen is the youngest ever to win D-man of the year in Liiga, made the Olympics team, Worlds team and he drops to 6th/7th?

I thought guys with #1D potential carried more weight than that. I'll say it again, I'm amazed how few at HF realize the season he just had.
I guess it's easier for a forward to get the spot on. I think same can be said with Makar but clearly Heiskanen had the better season. Everyone forget how good Makar was in the WJC with limited ice time while Mittlestadt is now rising at 3/4 pick after a good WJC too.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Or they watched him play in college and didn’t just look at stat sheets.

Here’s a stat for the stat watchers...5 points in his first 6 pro games despite playing on the lowest scoring team in the league.

Not stat watching and I have watched him play... I never said he was bad I just never understood the hype he got when just about every player drafted ahead of him had an equal or better year by the stats or the eye test.

Solid player but re ranking him in the top 5 is just dumb to me at this point.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
1.Hisher
2.Patrick
3/4/5 no specific order
Tolvanen
Petterson
Middlestat
6.Heiskanen
7.Makar
8.Necas
9.Yamamoto
10.Glass
11.Cytil
12.Andersson
13.Vilardi
14.Vesalanien
15. Thomas

Care to explain how you have Yammamoto #9 when you don’t have Michael Rasmussen, the 6’6 Center who plays pk AND had a higher ppg ratio than Kailer even in your top 15? Or ahead of Vilardi/Glass?

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
This draft is looking much better in a +1 season
A lot of what I think will develop into good players. Wanted to fit guys like Valimaki or Brannstrom in, but couldn’t justify it

1. Hischier
2. Pettersson
3. Patrick
4. Heiskenen
5. Middlestadt
6. Vilardi
7. Tolvanen
8. Glass
9. Makar
10. Rasmussen
11. Necas
12. Chytil
13. Andersson
14. Liljegren
15. Thomas

HM: Suzuki, Tippet, Veselainen

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Ya because there are plenty of players similar to benn and Stamkos and teams would just love to get rid of them .

No idea what you mean. If you say other teams would not made that trade, then you are kind of just making a argument for my point.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I guess it's easier for a forward to get the spot on. I think same can be said with Makar but clearly Heiskanen had the better season. Everyone forget how good Makar was in the WJC with limited ice time while Mittlestadt is now rising at 3/4 pick after a good WJC too.

Heiskanen put up .73 points per game in Liiga while averaging 25mins per game during regular season& 26mins in the playoffs.
Right now he can step right into Dallas top4, he's that good.

He's receiving zero hype, I have no idea why few games at the WJC make Mitt the better prospect, or Tolvanen either.

Makar was very promising at the WJC.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Heiskanen put up .73 points per game in Liiga while averaging 25mins per game during regular season& 26mins in the playoffs.
Right now he can step right into Dallas top4, he's that good.

He's receiving zero hype, I have no idea why few games at the WJC make Mitt the better prospect, or Tolvanen either.

Makar was very promising at the WJC.
That’s exactly what I am thinking. People now having Glass, Vilardi, Tolvanen ahead of Makar while I can maybe agree on Tolvanen for me Makar still deserves the top 6-7 the others are playing weaker leagues. To me NCAA is harder than OHL and WHL. But you know everyone can have his opinion. I think the comparison with Karlsson is getting out of hand since Makar doesn’t put amazing numbers he is dropping but to me he was damn good in the WJC and played great on a bad team in UMass.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
  1. Elias Pettersson
  2. Nico hischier
  3. Casey mittlestadt
  4. Nolan Patrick
  5. Martin necas
  6. Eeli tolvanen
  7. Miro hieskanen
  8. Cale makar
  9. Cody glass
  10. klim kostin
  11. Lias Anderson
  12. Filip chytil
  13. Erik brannstrom
  14. kristian vesalainen
  15. Gabe vilardi

Probably 2 of the worst lists I've seen so far. No one except maybe Petterson has done well enough to launch themselves above Heiskanen.

1.Hisher
2.Patrick
3/4/5 no specific order
Tolvanen
Petterson
Middlestat
6.Heiskanen
7.Makar
8.Necas
9.Yamamoto
10.Glass
11.Cytil
12.Andersson
13.Vilardi
14.Vesalanien
15. Thomas

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Judging from these lists, I think a lot of folks are going to be very surprised by Rasmussen and Thomas.

:popcorn:

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Nico
Patrick
Petterson
Middlestadt
Tolvanen
Heskeinen
Makar
Glass
Vilardi
Chytil
Yamamoto
Hepionemi

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
I'd say that most of the top 10 had a type of year that would either justify, or better their draft position. No sense in arguing order, as everyone is is different leagues. They aren't really comparable until they are all in the NHL. There are probably 6 or 8 guys at this point who could end up being the best player out of the draft. or who could be justified as top 3 picks right now.

OregonCanuck

Dec 26, 2017
Bend, OR
Probably 2 of the worst lists I've seen so far. No one except maybe Petterson has done well enough to launch themselves above Heiskanen.

Look hieskanen is still really good I just see a higher ceiling with some of those guys right now. It’s still to damn early to tell if it’s a bad or good list only time will tell and it’s just personal opinion

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Top 4 should be a mix of Nico, Nolan, Elias, and Miro....how's Heiskanen falling out of anyone's top 4?? Both he, and Pettersson had historic seasons, but somehow that's not enough to beat out all save for the 2 NHLers? Weird.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Interesting to see so many lists with Heiskanen falling. Guy has #1 written all over him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad