2017 NHL Draft Part III (June 23-24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It looks like Rasmussen has been gathering some momentum the past couple of months. I don't really like him for a high first round pick, but I'm hoping someone ahead of us reaches for on him and helps push someone else down to us.

I'd have to think they would be happy with Necas/Rasmussen/Glass at 9

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
With the way we're handling Mrazek, and Holland's recent proclamation that he wants to see playoff games at LCA this season, I think we could very well be looking at trading this pick outright for a roster player.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
[NHL2][/NHL2]
With the way we're handling Mrazek, and Holland's recent proclamation that he wants to see playoff games at LCA this season, I think we could very well be looking at trading this pick outright for a roster player.

That roster player better be someone like Trouba, sadly I feel like Mrazek could have been used in such deal given Winnipeg's needs in net, good one Kenny :shakehead

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
[NHL2][/NHL2]

That roster player better be someone like Trouba, sadly I feel like Mrazek could have been used in such deal given Winnipeg's needs in net, good one Kenny :shakehead

Nah, nobody that good. I was thinking of someone that would essentially be an expedited version of the player they might get at #9, like Matt Dumba.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

He also said earlier, that with that 9th overall he's going after a player, which could be in NHL in 2 years.

That hint points on 100% sure towards a forward (Necas, Pettersson etc.).

Usually Holland is talking about defencemen as 5-year projects.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
(((Corey Pronman))) @coreypronman

Lets talk about Michael Rasmussen, who could potentially go in the top 10 Friday, and know some teams consider him a top 5 prospect 1/
9:36 PM · Jun 19, 2017

Most public discourse about Rasmussen has focused on even-strength production. There's no hiding the ball here it's bad. 15 pts in 50 GP. 2/
9:38 PM · Jun 19, 2017

As many longtime readers know, I'm not afraid to call a tree a tree i.e. clear overrating on size. It's an obvious problem in industry. 3/
9:39 PM · Jun 19, 2017

That being said I do not see that issue to large degree with Rasmussen. I see a big man with skill. He makes plays whenever I've watched. 4/
9:40 PM · Jun 19, 2017

I don't endorse him in the high range on Friday. I have him ranked 19th & #'s worry me. But I reject notion he has no scoring upside.
9:41 PM · Jun 19, 2017

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
So far for the Wings in my mock draft I've drafted:

9: Elias Pettersson
38: Filip Chytil
71: Luke Martin
79: Dmitri Samorukov
83: Alexandre Texier
88: Maxim Zhukov

I'm pretty happy with this haul

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

Nice. I am not wild about Martin, but I like the others, especially Chytil and Zhukov

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I would not be happy with Rasmussen there. Necas and Glass, sure.

Agreed. If you're taking Rasmussen at #9, I think you're passing on talents that are really close to being objectively better than Rasmussen.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Agreed. If you're taking Rasmussen at #9, I think you're passing on talents that are really close to being objectively better than Rasmussen.

What about drafting 18-year-olds is objective? Projecting what an 18-year-old player will look like four or five years down the road is about as subjective of a task as you will ever find.

For the record I do not want Rasmussen

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
I wouldnt mind wings picking anyone of Norris, Thomas, Lind or Marcus Davidsson in the 2nd or later. Would love it actually, though there's almost no chance Robert Thomas drops but hey...

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
We keep hearing Detroit may be looking to add another first-round selection, perhaps to take a goalie.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jeff-mareks-2017-nhl-mock-draft/

A scenario where Holland drafts Oettinger with a pick he gets from sending Tatar / Nyquist away (the rumoured move) would be a pretty bold move and would make the Mrazek exposure make a little bit more sense.

I feel that Howard - Coreau will be the tandem next year, with Mrazek being picked by Vegas and being traded again for more picks. Am I OK with it, maybe not, but that's what I see happening.

Last edited:

theD86

Winging it
Jun 23, 2007
Columbus, Ohio

This would be a step in the right direction.............. With many more steps needed. But, I like it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad