2017 NHL Draft Part III (June 23-24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theD86

Winging it
Jun 23, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Saw on Twitter whispers Liljegren may fall to the second round. If so I'd pounce if I'm the Wings. That would be phenomenal value!

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Saw on Twitter whispers Liljegren may fall to the second round. If so I'd pounce if I'm the Wings. That would be phenomenal value!

Heard that too, Saw somewhere that a lot of the GMs and scouts ahead of us aren't really all that enthused with Liljegren so maybe it's quite possible that he could fall big time just like Chychrun did. I still think maybe 3 D man go top 8 but maybe a team takes a chance on Valimaki over Liljegren. These next 3 weeks should be pretty interesting none the less.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

If he slips to the second, Holland needs to leverage a couple of those 3rd rounders to move up to grab him.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Can't imagine that no team gambles on him in the 1st round. It's going to be an interesting draft, after the top 2 or 3 picks anything could happen.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Necas. No wait, pettersson, no necas pettersson necas pettersson

Craig Button's (TSN) updated rankings have Necas at #3. I was kinda surprised to see him there. I still personally think Pettersson has more high-end skill, and has a chance at becoming a more dominant player. I have always been slightly biased to the "flash" factor in players though, so that's probably why I like Pettersson more than Necas.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Craig Button's (TSN) updated rankings have Necas at #3. I was kinda surprised to see him there. I still personally think Pettersson has more high-end skill, and has a chance at becoming a more dominant player. I have always been slightly biased to the "flash" factor in players though, so that's probably why I like Pettersson more than Necas.

On the plus side, they both have some flash to them. Moreso than Larkin did at the same age. Could see either one becoming a nice complement to him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not only did Mittelstadt come in at shorter than his listed height (5'11 instead of 6'1) but he also only did 1 rep on bench and 0 pull-ups.

Hoping this causes him to drop and we are able to grab him at #9.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
THW has Necas measuring in at 6'1" and 178 lbs, same size as Hischier. Still hoping for him.

Swedes are getting measured at 4. Will be interesting to see what Petterson and Brannstrom come in at.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
THW has Necas measuring in at 6'1" and 178 lbs, same size as Hischier. Still hoping for him.

Swedes are getting measured at 4. Will be interesting to see what Petterson and Brannstrom come in at.

Pettersson 6'1.75/165 per aPronman. Brännström was 5'9/170+ (not official yet).

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Whoa. Ostap Safin is 6'6.5 and 192. I had no idea he was that tall. I bet somebody takes a flyer on him pretty early on just for being huge and having solid skill, too.

Edit: oh wait. I'm going to leave this up because I'm an idiot, but his group had their height measured with shoes on. Who does that?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I really thought Tippett was a bigger guy, too. Not even 6'1. Can you afford to take a lower hockey sense scorer if he doesn't have plus size? idk.

Didn't expect him to be any bigger. He's the exact same size as Kessel, which is who he reminds me of a little.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Perfect when you're Karlsson. Think there's been one defenseman that size taken in the top 10 in the last 15 years.

Where he is taken is irrelevant, what is important is what type of player he can become in the NHL. I doubt he is available when Detroit drafts.

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
Where he is taken is irrelevant, what is important is what type of player he can become in the NHL. I doubt he is available when Detroit drafts.

I'm still not sold on Makar.

He still has yet to showcase any of his skills against the best players in his age group.
His defensive play is still an unknown.
He also committed to UMass Amherst who were 5-29 last year. Note that he turned down an offer to play in Denver.

Don't get me wrong-he's a gifted offensive defensman, but to gamble a 9th overall pick on him is high risk.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Didn't expect him to be any bigger. He's the exact same size as Kessel, which is who he reminds me of a little.

That is exactly who he reminds me of. The guy does have a lethal release.

I would rather go a bunch of different directions but in the event they do go there they have drafted hands down the best goal scorer in this draft. That is what he is.

Last edited:

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
That is exactly who he reminds me of. The guy does have a lethal release.

I would rather go a bunch of different directions but in the event they do go there they have drafted hands down the best goal scorer in this draft. That is what he is.

He's the best goal scorer in juniors. I don't see his game translating to the NHL.

Having a great shot is one thing. Knowing how and when to use it is another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad