2017 NHL Draft Part III (June 23-24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Watching footage of Necas, I'm not very impressed. He seems sound overall except he doesn't seem to have any finishing ability....then again I'm no scout :( Anyone else feel that way? I also think most of the players projected to go before #9OA

I'm really hoping we take Pettersson...or Liljegren.

Despite the problems the Red Wings have I still think they draft quite well and can get the steal of the top 10. We just need more elite picks....which we'll have better shots at the next several seasons.

No, but I don't see him as a pure goal scorer either.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ideally Glass, Mittelstadt or Makar. I could even see Vilardi slipping a bit (not far mind you) if teams don't consider him a center. I am expecting a very fluid draft.

I would be pretty pumped at getting Glass or Vilardi. Mittelstadt would be great too. Makar scares me.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My Favourite list and draft plan:

RD1: #9 C Martin Necas, right-handed playmaking two-way center
RD2: #38 W Joni Ikonen, right-handed skilled sniper, guy has lethal wrister
RD3: #71 RD Eemeli Räsänen Right-handed 6'7 giant
RD3: #79 Goaltender
RD3: #83 Defenceman
RD3: #88 Defenceman
RD4: #100 F Parker Foo (to secure free agent Spencer Foo sign with us) Two guys with one shot...
RD5: #131 some Swede HÃ¥kan Andersson likes much
RD6: #162 Defenceman
RD6: #164 Defenceman
RD7: #193 some long long long shot Goaltender

Last edited:

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I haven't watched any of this years top prospects play only highlights so I can't judge. I have read a couple of legit folks compare Rasmussen's potential to Kopitar. Has anyone here actually watched him in games? I wonder how high Hakan has him rated. TSN in there final rating have him #9

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I haven't watched any of this years top prospects play only highlights so I can't judge. I have read a couple of legit folks compare Rasmussen's potential to Kopitar. Has anyone here actually watched him in games? I wonder how high Hakan has him rated. TSN in there final rating have him #9

Rasmussen is a NA skater so Hakan would have little, if any, involvement in drafting him. I think it is a bit of a stretch comparing him to Kopitar. I'd say Hanzal is probably a more apt comparison

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
My Favourite list and draft plan:

RD1: #9 C Martin Necas, right-handed playmaking two-way center
RD2: #38 W Joni Ikonen, right-handed skilled sniper, guy has lethal wrister
RD3: #71 RD Eemeli Räsänen Right-handed 6'7 giant
RD3: #79 Goaltender
RD3: #83 Defenceman
RD3: #88 Defenceman
RD4: #100 F Parker Foo (to secure free agent Spencer Foo sign with us) Two guys with one shot...
RD5: #131 some Swede HÃ¥kan Andersson likes much
RD6: #162 Defenceman
RD6: #164 Defenceman
RD7: #193 some long long long shot Goaltender

Looks great. I'm not familiar with rasanen though

Oct 18, 2006
Help an Aussie out. How long took thrifter starts? I wanna know if it's worth being a zombie at work. Thanks!!

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
If Holland wants that extra 1st maybe something around our #9+#38 pick to Vegas for their #13+#15 pick and take Suzuki+Foote that wouldn't be too shabby either but i suspect Holland wants to take a Goalie like maybe Oettinger with that other 1st rounder.

Unless it's a goalie prospect coming into the draft being hyped like Brodeur or Price, I don't want to see the Wings spend any first rounders on goalies. I'm still salty about the McCollum pick.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I take everything said before the draft with a large grain of salt. And I tend to disregard half of what HSJ writes anyway. Having said that:

I like the notion that they're not ruling anything out, and that, overall, they see a need to start more defensemen. I just don't want them spending significant assets to move up, with how murky this draft class is.

I mean, if they're totally sold on a center who's still there at 7 or 8, and they can move up 1-2 slots fairly cheaply, then sure. But no major expenditures, when everybody's draft board is all over the map to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad