Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Random impressions.

• Glad Georgiev seems to have settled down. All he has to do is give Avs a chance to win and he did in four games out of five.
  • Our dum-dums have been pretty disciplined. Hope they keep it up.
  • I think it was more Jets overfocusing on MacKinnon and Rantanen than they playing all that bad. If anything it gave Nuke some extra room.
  • I think Manson is a net positive with his playoff style. He's trying to do a little bit too much offensively but at least his shots doesn't get blocked and create counter attack chances.
  • Vegas and Dallas will put more pressure on our D, so they better keep moving and making quick decisions with the puck. Glad Girard is back and playing well.
  • Rantanen for all his faults still have gamebreaking passing and shooting ability. That's why he's going to get paid a lot on his next deal.
  • I am full of admiration for the way Parise is able to play the game, but I don't think we want him on a scoring line for four series.
  • Third period last night was very impressive. It was time to end this and they did.

Last edited:

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Gotta bring this one up: a good portion of this fan base was ready to cut Nuke loose last summer then again mid season because of his addiction issues. The dude continues to be MVP calibre in the playoffs. You rehabilitate even if it takes time and effort. He was worth the patience.

IMG_7141.jpeg

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Georgiev stepped up to be a Lars Ulrich of a Metallica where every other member is a James Hetfield, willing their way to keep the train on it's tracks despite any miscues or odd beats/bars here and there. They're gonna force through the show triumphant no matter what.
What a very interesting analogy you just made.

Even more so when you consider that Ulrich is widely considered to be a very basic/average musician relative to his band mates lol (and I say that as someone who enjoys Metallica)

Chris5225

Dec 29, 2019
I don't think Georgiev was impressive, but he was OK for 4 games. That should be enough in the next round, but I'm terrified to see him against the Oilers in the WCF.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Gotta bring this one up: a good portion of this fan base was ready to cut Nuke loose last summer then again mid season because of his addiction issues. The dude continues to be MVP calibre in the playoffs. You rehabilitate even if it takes time and effort. He was worth the patience.

View attachment 862971
You better hope we don’t have a series in Miami

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
You better hope we don’t have a series in Miami
I'm ok with the 96' rematch.

I don't think Georgiev was impressive, but he was OK for 4 games. That should be enough in the next round, but I'm terrified to see him against the Oilers in the WCF.
Oilers scare me less than Vegas. He isn't great on elite shooting but not many goalies are. Where I find he is very weak is net front (this isalso be a defensive issue).

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I want Vegas over Dallas for sure. Dallas seems way scarier and we'll have home ice against Vegas.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Hard to really pick your poison between Vegas and Dallas. Either team has pros and cons and will be significantly more difficult than what Winnipeg put up. Just hope for these two to go seven games and see lots of injuries along the way, while the Avs rest and heal up.

Avs round 2 will be the series that decides the West IMO, Vancouver and Edmonton are both paper tigers who are playing in a laughably weak bracket.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

View attachment 862971
The Avs' W-L record with/without Nuke is astounding. Watching him do most of the work for the top line during the first two periods last night was incredible and frustrating at the same time. The excess value on his contract is through the roof. Along with Drouin's those contracts are two of the best in the NHL.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
The Avs' W-L record with/without Nuke is astounding. Watching him do most of the work for the top line during the first two periods last night was incredible and frustrating at the same time. The excess value on his contract is through the roof. Along with Drouin's those contracts are two of the best in the NHL.
Very few can elevate their game the way he does when games matter most.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I don’t think Vegas, or Dallas can match up as well against the MacKinnon line.

They’re better in other areas than Winnipeg, but it should free up that line and the top pair a bit to get more offensive zone time.

It will be a fun series against either team.

Without Drouin, Landy, OC, I’d say the Avs depth is definitely worse than both those teams. If they continue to get great play from Mittelstadt and Lehkonen they’ll have a good chance though.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
On the flip... imagine Duchene having a good series.

200.gif

Eichel-Hertl-Karlsson-Roy
Pietrangelo - Hanifin - Theodore - McNabb

or

Hintz-Duchene-Johnston-Faska
Heiskanen - Harley - Tanev - Lindell

Holy cow, there's no good option there. On paper, Vegas looks a step better down the middle and top four defense.

McNabb lined up against Girard is already giving me acid reflux.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Eichel-Hertl-Karlsson-Roy
Pietrangelo - Hanifin - Theodore - McNabb

or

Hintz-Duchene-Johnston-Faska
Heiskanen - Harley - Tanev - Lindell

Holy cow, there's no good option there. On paper, Vegas looks a step better down the middle and top four defense.

McNabb lined up against Girard is already giving me acid reflux.
IMO the winner of Stars/Knights vs Avs is mostly going to come down to which goalie shits the bed the least. Avs have more game breaking talent, Vegas is the deepest and most physical, Stars are nearly as deep with the highest ceiling in net.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So JD’s injury is a deep cut and he’s not skating yet because they don’t want him to put on skates just yet to get an infection. It shouldn’t take too much longer before he can start skating. Hopefully the first round goes little longer. Dallas Vegas series is probably going 7 games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad