Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
t
This was such a layup. The work was already done. The red from this mock up would gave been great and we could have transitioned to this format later on for home and away.

1128-nevillcarney-ott.png
those would look good, but also nice to change things up, I'd rather save that design for a 3rd jersey (the red one). I don't know of any team that has adopted an outdoor game jersey as a regular jersey.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
This was such a layup. The work was already done. The red from this mock up would gave been great and we could have transitioned to this format later on for home and away.

1128-nevillcarney-ott.png

My guess is it is ego driven, ie the creator/designer/decision maker feels like they need to create something original rather than use someone elses work...dont agree with it in this instance but that is my best guess as surely a pro brand wouldn't seemingly be this deaf to its fans.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
As expected, the jersey is mostly *shrug*.

As usual, people who claimed to have access to privileged information in order to rile the plebe ended up being full of it.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
My guess is it is ego driven, ie the creator/designer/decision maker feels like they need to create something original rather than use someone elses work...dont agree with it in this instance but that is my best guess as surely a pro brand wouldn't seemingly be this deaf to its fans.

My only guess is that they wanted to keep a full fledged red heritage jersey in their back pocket for 2 years down the line when we change our home/away to the heritage jersey. Make people buy it twice.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
The original pictures weren't very flattering and these imo look better. People who bought it in person say it also doesn't look as bad in person as it did in the release.

DOn2DXmXcAIp3ky.jpg

DOn2DXRW4AAoacx.jpg

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
They really went for the bare bones treatment on the Habs jersey. It looks like Addidas was afraid to have both teams with stripes running through their logo.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Meh. The first pick looked horrible. That Karlsson one there isnt that bad i guess.

Is that O coloured white or silver? Im colour blind and can't tell

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You have to wonder why the team didn't have a photo sesh with Karlsson wearing the jersey so they could release those pics instead of the numerous crappy photos they sent out.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Oh my god. I was lined up to drop 200$ on a Hoffman jersey and the team comes out and does this ....wow... ill wait for the new jerseys next season it cant be worse than this

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Seems like the general consensus is lukewarm to negative.

I actually like it. I think people will come around when seeing it as part of a uniform. I don't like it better than a red heritage from the old template with a black O, but it's pretty clear the silver was part of the theme for this outdoor game.

Reactions: Deku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad