2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 2 | Disappointment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The red concept being shown here is way too much like the 67s . Sens wouldn’t do that

I got some bad news for you.....

slideshow_1.jpg

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
the crest is silver...

"To commemorate the NHL's 100 year anniversary, the "O" crest is in premium silver twill. This version of the crest is repeated on the helmet and pant."

edit : (was thinking it meant the helmets and pants would be silver too, but i guess its the crest only...?)

NHL 100 Classic Jersey

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What most people are forgetting is that these need to be simple in order to be seen clearly on TV and in the stadium. Circumstances here are different than they would be for just any jersey design. Busy, detailed jerseys look cool in person, but when you can't read the numbers at the game or on TV they lose a bit of their appeal...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
God those are ugly. Sens marketing is just so damn pathetic. I wanted to get a Stone Jersey but this is the third fail in a row. I just can't buy something that looks like a cartoon.

Reactions: Icelevel

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Someone posted this on Twitter as to what our jersey lineup should be, and I think this would work for everybody. Well, except the Sens themselves who seem averse to good taste and profit.

DF5Oa9eXcAA1bzY.jpg

Just to bring these back into the discussion on style and taste

Reactions: Icelevel

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
God those are ugly. Sens marketing is just so damn pathetic. I wanted to get a Stone Jersey but this is the third fail in a row. I just can't buy something that looks like a cartoon.

Third fail in a row? I didn't know the retro jerseys were fails. They had issues but the biggest fails in Sens history are the SNES jerseys and the toga jerseys.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Reactions: ThePriorityDeal

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
one thing to keep in mind as to perhaps why Ottawa didn't go with a white jersey (aside from them having already done so) is that as the home team I'm sure they would want to be more visible on the ice, and on TV.

Seeing the jersey with names on them, it looks much better. Looking forward to picking one up

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
6234734243_41542642e7_o.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the exact picture, but the new red jersey looks more like the original heritage jersey concept.

Reminds me of the change the Devils made to their jersey, removing the bottom stripes. I wonder if that's something to do with Adidas....we use the same template as MIN/FLA for our outdoor jersey, maybe they couldn't have bottom stripes without making an entirely new template. Who knows.

I hope our future heritage jersey is closer to our old one though and the template for this outdoor game jersey isn't the one we'll use in the future if there is a full time change over to the heritage branding.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
These should have been revealed by a player...preferably EK65, in full gear and uniform, the workbench and discount manikin reject reveal were very strange choices, especially from a big brand like Adidas, I expect this from our local intern marketing department but not from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad