2017 Hot Seat

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
People may think otherwise, but its time to put Caroll and the Hawks staff on the hotseat after the Jags debacle.

If he is fired and the Lions didn't offer him a blank check I would be pissed.

He would have his choice of jobs at s ridiculous amount of money in college or pros and the Seahawks would be hiring a lesser coach to replace him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
People may think otherwise, but its time to put Caroll and the Hawks staff on the hotseat after the Jags debacle.

Sorry what? Carroll has the highest level of job security in the NFL aside from Belichik. He could go 1-15 and not get fired (ok maybe closer to 3-12 but still)

8-5 is pretty good when you remember they are missing their two best defensive players. And they lost to a good team/top defence.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Missed game yesterday because I was sick but saw some of the highlights/lowlights and the Bengals appeared to give no effort

Yeah the Lewis era needs to end after that debacle

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Will Watson and Watt’s injuries be enough to cover Bill O’Brien.
Yes... also don't forget Mercilus.

Watson publicly said he wanted him back so I doubt McNair/Smith would go against him.

Before this year he was always above .500 and won 2 straight division titles.... would have been a 3rd this year if Watson's knee didn't blow out.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Before this year he was always above .500 and won 2 straight division titles.... would have been a 3rd this year if Watson's knee didn't blow out.
9-7 in the AFC South so that is faint praise. With Jax and Tenn breaking through next year will be a bit tougher.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Has Todd Bowles earned another season?

Coming into year he was dead man walking and while Jets are still looking like a 5-6 win team they have been competitive in games this season and lost some they should have won

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Has Todd Bowles earned another season?

Coming into year he was dead man walking and while Jets are still looking like a 5-6 win team they have been competitive in games this season and lost some they should have won

I think he has. Maccagnan tore down everything around him and its remarkable the team has been this competitive. Literally everyone predicted them to go 2-14/3-13

they missed the playoffs in 2014.

anyway, i don't think he'll be fired nor should he, even if they lose out.

I forgot about that. Anyhow, Reid pushed Dorsey out last summer so i'd like to think his leash got longer.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Bears, Giants, Colts, Bengals are going to be open for sure.

The maybe group:

Browns, Bucs, Raiders, Broncos.

8 teams and not that many candidates.

Matt Nagy (KC OC)
Dave Toub (KC ST/AHC)
John Morton (NYJ OC)
Pat Shurmur (MIN OC)
Jim Schwartz (PHI DC)
Todd Wash (JAX DC)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Bears, Giants, Colts, Bengals are going to be open for sure.

The maybe group:

Browns, Bucs, Raiders, Broncos.

8 teams and not that many candidates.

Matt Nagy (KC OC)
Dave Toub (KC ST/AHC)
John Morton (NYJ OC)
Pat Shurmur (MIN OC)
Jim Schwartz (PHI DC)
Todd Wash (JAX DC)

Theres a ton of candidates. You're just limiting it to a few coordinators you like/know.

About time Indy opens up. Pagano should have been canned 2 years ago.

Shurmur's probably getting a second chance this time around.

They fired Lovie because they didn't want to lose Koetter to another Head Coaching gig.

Exactly.... and at the time Winston liked working with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad