2017 Hot Seat

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Misunderstood. I don't know if Haslam will allow someone that kind of control, though. Whoever turns it around will likely have to do so in spite of bad management above them.

Sooner or later he's gotta realize teams like the Pats, Seahawks, Packers, Steelers etc are successful because the owners hire good executives and let them do their jobs & are patient with them.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Nope, all the way up to the top again with this one, most likely. Hue wanted Wentz and Watson. They fired all the scouts who agreed with him.

Whats this based on?

Seems like more excuses for a guy that has consistently shown he is a terrible coach but for some reason has a bunch of people ready to make excuses for him at every turn.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I was under impression that Hue was not high on Wentz and supported Browns trading down over selecting him

Also given Hue's past (The Carson Palmer trade) and his attempts to get AJ McCarron to Cleveland to be #1. Not sure he should have any input in QB acquisitions with an NFL organization

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hue Jackson is an awful HC. The people above him might be even worse and the main reason for their current record but he isn't blameless. You don't go 1-26 just because of the talent on the roster and most people didn't even think they'd be the worst team in the NFL this season. All of their QBs are terrible but he couldn't have handled the situation in a worse way. We're also seeing some of the Raiders' Hue come out this year with the intentional leaks to his media friends to make himself look good. He's one of those guys who should just be an OC because he's great at that.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Jim Caldwell and his stubborn/clueless attitude, can't go quick enough. Haven't seen a more inept & incompetent Lions Head Coach since the likes of Marinelli/Mornhinweg.

Seems like his mouth for the last 4 seasons have been, we need to stop doing this, stop doing that, get better at this, but never does a thing to make it happen. Quinn should have fired him when he was hired, and brought in his own guy from the very start. Just truly sucks if Mrs. Ford is pulling the strings from the very start, and won't let Quinn pull the trigger, as if anybody with the last name of Ford has had the first clue what needs to be done for the Lions, the last 50 years.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Not just Caldwell, who may not finish better then Green Bay with Rodgers hurt (pathetic). But the assistants as well. It’s really shocking that Austins name comes up in coaching rumors. Baltimore is trash at scoring and they put up 40.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
So, Marvin Lewis can't possibly survive based on the atrocity that was today's "effort" against the Bear, can he?
People predict his firing every year, and somehow he sticks around,; but I think his luck has run out and he'll be finished on Black Monday.

I can't think of a coach in any of the major pro sports who has been with an organization that long, yet accomplished so little.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
His contract is up after this year correct? I assume they will just mutually part ways

Historically the only coach/manager who did so little but was around so long was Jimmy Dykes here for 30's/40's White Sox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->