2017 Fantasy Football Discussion

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I was so close to dropping Mariota this morning...... until I realized both Smith and Wentz (my other two QBs) have week 10 byes :|

Firmly on the Wentz Wagon at this point..... helps that I scooped up Agholor a few weeks ago.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm not a big believer in always needing to have a 2nd QB. But I'm cautious about my current situation and would like some opinions from others.

I have Winston and Rivers for my QB's. I prefer Winston to Rivers but because Winston has been banged up a little I don't really want to drop Rivers.

Emmanuel Sanders is currently available in my league. I'm wondering should I drop one of CJ Anderson, Tevin Coleman, Adam Thielan or Larry Fitzgerald to grab him. Or should I bite the bullet, run with one QB and drop Rivers? Or am I overrating Sanders? Remember Palmer is out in AZ so Fitzgerald will be limited and Diggs is likely coming back in Minnesota so Thielan will get less targets.

I'd just stand pat only for my two every day starting WR's don't have a QB to throw them the ball (Hilton and Jordy). So I'd like to build that WR depth as much as possible.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I went up against a guy who had Zeke and Wentz. With the scoring in my league, just those 2 guys would have beat 3 full teams in my league. Haha.

If Howard had made that final FG and not missed, I would have been even more agonizing for me because that would have resulted in me losing by 0.2 points.

I'm making a waiver play for Juju Smith-Schuster this week. My flex options aren't great at the moment.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Also, with the score I got last week, I would have beat every single team in my league except for the one I went up against. Figures.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm not a big believer in always needing to have a 2nd QB. But I'm cautious about my current situation and would like some opinions from others.

I have Winston and Rivers for my QB's. I prefer Winston to Rivers but because Winston has been banged up a little I don't really want to drop Rivers.

Emmanuel Sanders is currently available in my league. I'm wondering should I drop one of CJ Anderson, Tevin Coleman, Adam Thielan or Larry Fitzgerald to grab him. Or should I bite the bullet, run with one QB and drop Rivers? Or am I overrating Sanders? Remember Palmer is out in AZ so Fitzgerald will be limited and Diggs is likely coming back in Minnesota so Thielan will get less targets.

I'd just stand pat only for my two every day starting WR's don't have a QB to throw them the ball (Hilton and Jordy). So I'd like to build that WR depth as much as possible.

Cut Rivers. It helps that Winston had his bye already.

Should I pick up Smallwood, Doctson or Forte? Or 2 of them?

Doctson is the only one from that group I’d add.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Hey man, it's a bit tough to help without knowing the settings (PPR, standard, number of teams, keeper or not, etc) but i'll try. You could definitely use a better QB. If Luck comes back this season, which i'm sure was what you were banking on, you could be okay - but may be worth it to try and get another in case he doesn't. Your RBs are kind of weak- Fournette is great but after that... You have good depth in WR especially in PPR. I expect Julio to finish well, Garcon is great PPR, Thielen i'm pretty high on, Jeffrey i'm not as high as some others but he's usually solid and I think would have good value to trade. I'd say you probably have the best TE combo in the league.

Honestly, i'd probably try and trade Kelce and Jeffrey and try to pick up a better RB. With Kelce you should be able to get a solid RB1/2 to a team looking for better TE - he's one of the best. Depending on how deep your league is, you could probably get by streaming QB and hope for Luck to come back. I'd probably focus mainly on trying to get better RB. could probably get some decent WR on the waiver wire to fill in if needed. Hope that helps
Sorry about any confusion you had, I am in a 12 team, Non PPR league, but thanks a lot for the advice!

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
So I'm hurting at WR and have decent RB depth (Freeman, Martin, McKinnon, Blount, McFadden) and have an offer of Martin for Baldwin or Freeman for Dez. What do you guys think of either of those? I'd rather not lose Freeman but I'm unsure on Baldwin, he has a tough schedule coming up.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
So I'm hurting at WR and have decent RB depth (Freeman, Martin, McKinnon, Blount, McFadden) and have an offer of Martin for Baldwin or Freeman for Dez. What do you guys think of either of those? I'd rather not lose Freeman but I'm unsure on Baldwin, he has a tough schedule coming up.

I'd definitely trade Martin for Baldwin.

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
I played the last remaining undefeated team last week in my $100 buy in league. A few weeks ago he changed his name to “Who’s next” so last week I changed mine to “You’re next”. Well Sunday sucked and I was down 38 going into Monday night, yahoo had me as a 99%-1% underdog after the 1st quarter. 39 points from Wentz later all the shit talking directed at me stopped.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
My WRs are a mess this week due to a combination of bye weeks and injuries. My only playable WRs this week are Thielen and Pryor.

Considering dropping Pryor for one of Jermaine Kearse, Jamison Crowder, Robby Anderson or Paul Richardson. Thoughts? The league is .5 PPR.

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
My WRs are a mess this week due to a combination of bye weeks and injuries. My only playable WRs this week are Thielen and Pryor.

Considering dropping Pryor for one of Jermaine Kearse, Jamison Crowder, Robby Anderson or Paul Richardson. Thoughts? The league is .5 PPR.

I wouldn’t call Pryor playable, but Kearney of the guys you listed short term. I wouldnt consider any of them long term.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
need a sleeper WR and TE this week is a 16 team PPR where pretty much everyone is taken. Any sleeper picks this week?

Demarcus Robinson (WR with KC) is a pretty talented kid and is only owned in 1% of Yahoo leagues. Had his first "big" game of the season last weekend where he went 5-8 for 69 yards. The kid does just ooze skill though. I think he's a really sneaky pick.

Deonte Thompson (WR with BUF) had a monster game last weekend. He's a bit of a journeyman in his career, but he's a speedster who seems to have decent chemistry with Tyrod, especially if the Bills get the run game going and can send Thompson deep on play action. You're going to be working with an ultra low floor and high ceiling with this guy though. I wouldn't expect more than 4 targets, but 2 or 3 of those might be long bomb plays with home run potential.

Check for Stills from Miami too, especially if Moore is confirmed as the starter. Last season Stills got 23% of Moore's passes, and that chemistry seemed to still be there when Moore took over for an injured Cutler on Sunday.

As for TE, it's a tire fire. Just pick one and hope for the best? Kittle (49ers) was looking decent the last couple weeks but he went and put up a dud last weekend.

Edit: I picked up Paul Richardson (WR with SEA) this morning. He might be someone to look at too.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I wouldn’t call Pryor playable, but Kearney of the guys you listed short term. I wouldnt consider any of them long term.

Not specifically this week but Crowder could reverse his bust status, he is playing more snaps and is always a Reed injury away from seeing the ball more. Perhaps Doctson over Pryor helps him too

bardown88

Nov 19, 2009
Telkwa
I'm guessing you are asking about rest of season value since Tennessee is on a bye...

I'd go with Brown and Davis.
Thanks, ya rest of season as all three are on byes this week. Currently own Brown and Decker but I'm tending to agree as the Titans need someone to step up and a healthy Davis can't be much worse than Decker has been.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
So I traded Tom Brady for a WR and opted to bank on Watson.

This could very well blow up in my face. But I hope I'm wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad