2017 Fantasy Football Discussion

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Was offered this trade by a RB needy team in PPR. Im currently 5-1 and in 1st.

I give:
AJ Green
Adrian Peterson

I get:
Antonio Brown
Amari Cooper

Rest of my team besides Green and AD for reference:

QB: Cousins, Watson
RB: Fournette, Gordon, Mckinnon, Murray
WR: Hopkins, Hill, Matthews, Garcon, Lewis
TE: Walker

My dilemma is messing with a 5-1 team and RB depth id Gordon of LF go down. I have to drop Lewis for a TE next week and dont really wanna drop anyone else for handcuffs.

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
Was offered this trade by a RB needy team in PPR. Im currently 5-1 and in 1st.

I give:
AJ Green
Adrian Peterson

I get:
Antonio Brown
Amari Cooper

Rest of my team besides Green and AD for reference:

QB: Cousins, Watson
RB: Fournette, Gordon, Mckinnon, Murray
WR: Hopkins, Hill, Matthews, Garcon, Lewis
TE: Walker

My dilemma is messing with a 5-1 team and RB depth id Gordon of LF go down. I have to drop Lewis for a TE next week and dont really wanna drop anyone else for handcuffs.

I think i'd pull the trigger. how big is your bench? your depth is great. is this 10 team? 8 team?

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
10 team league.

Standard lineup basically. Qb, 2rb, 2wr, te, k, def, flex.

7 man bench

yeah, i'd do it then. you get the best player in the trade, have great depth at both WR and RB. who knows how well AD will hold up, and what happens when/if DJ comes back. nice trade

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Me and the guy that has Cooper in one of my leagues have been putting proposals back and forth to each other with him in it, and this morning before I had coffee I turned down Cooper for Hilton. Maaaan is that one gonna sting the rest of the season.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Not only did I sit cooper, but my other two options for my WR#2 spot this week are hurt and not likely to play (Diggs) or possibly hurt and is not sure if they'll play this week (Allen).

F. M. L.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
I started Cooper all season and I put up him back in the lineup 5 minutes before gametime after I heard the Raiders where going to try to get him more involved and maybe move him in the slot. My other options were M. Bryant and John Brown.

I dont blame anyone for sitting him. Start your QBs and WRs vs the Chiefs for the rest of the season.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
So I made the trade and sat Cooper who wound up with 49 points. :facepalm:

I started Tyreek Hill over him who got 29, but still. Could have put Cooper in my flex too over McKinnon but didn't.

At least I was playing Lynch.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
My only WR options this week are Antonio Brown (obvious start), Keenan Allen and Cooper Kupp. I'm hoping Keenan can play.

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
Etiquette question. I'm in second place playing the first place team this week. He has Fournette and they just said on Sirius that he's not playing so I just grabbed Ivory.
I have no need for I Ivory and only picked him up so my opponent doesn't get him.

So should I feel guilty if I just drop him Sunday morning and grab someone else since he won't clear waiver in enough time for my opponent to play him. Sick move or all's fair?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Etiquette question. I'm in second place playing the first place team this week. He has Fournette and they just said on Sirius that he's not playing so I just grabbed Ivory.
I have no need for I Ivory and only picked him up so my opponent doesn't get him.

So should I feel guilty if I just drop him Sunday morning and grab someone else since he won't clear waiver in enough time for my opponent to play him. Sick move or all's fair?

Fair game. As long as you don't add players just to cut them the next day for a whole bunch of players so that everyone is on waivers is fine with me.

A few years back, one of my opponents forgot to replace his kicker who was on a bye after the afternoon games ended. I had some dead weight on my roster, so I added all of the Sunday night and Monday night kickers. It is a **** move, but it's totally fair in my opinion. Your opponent should have had a backup plan.

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
Me and the guy that has Cooper in one of my leagues have been putting proposals back and forth to each other with him in it, and this morning before I had coffee I turned down Cooper for Hilton. Maaaan is that one gonna sting the rest of the season.

You never know. I turned down Hilton and Prior for Hyde in week 2 and was kicking myself til I got offered Dez for Hyde.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Hey guys, don't really post here much, but I am wondering what you guys think I should do to my team. After this week I will be 5-2 and first in my division. What kind of moves should I be looking to make on my team

QBs: Tyrod Taylor, Andrew Luck
RBs: Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Latavious Murray, Wendell Smallwood, Orleans Darkwa
WRs: Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffery, Adam Thielen, Pierre Garcon, Martavis Bryant
TEs: Travis Kelce, Evan Engram
K: Ryan Succop
D/ST: Varies every week (Pick up different one off of waivers each week depending on what team they are playing. Right now I have Cowboys)
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
Hey guys, don't really post here much, but I am wondering what you guys think I should do to my team. After this week I will be 5-2 and first in my division. What kind of moves should I be looking to make on my team

QBs: Tyrod Taylor, Andrew Luck
RBs: Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Latavious Murray, Wendell Smallwood, Orleans Darkwa
WRs: Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffery, Adam Thielen, Pierre Garcon, Martavis Bryant
TEs: Travis Kelce, Evan Engram
K: Ryan Succop
D/ST: Varies every week (Pick up different one off of waivers each week depending on what team they are playing. Right now I have Cowboys)
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey man, it's a bit tough to help without knowing the settings (PPR, standard, number of teams, keeper or not, etc) but i'll try. You could definitely use a better QB. If Luck comes back this season, which i'm sure was what you were banking on, you could be okay - but may be worth it to try and get another in case he doesn't. Your RBs are kind of weak- Fournette is great but after that... You have good depth in WR especially in PPR. I expect Julio to finish well, Garcon is great PPR, Thielen i'm pretty high on, Jeffrey i'm not as high as some others but he's usually solid and I think would have good value to trade. I'd say you probably have the best TE combo in the league.

Honestly, i'd probably try and trade Kelce and Jeffrey and try to pick up a better RB. With Kelce you should be able to get a solid RB1/2 to a team looking for better TE - he's one of the best. Depending on how deep your league is, you could probably get by streaming QB and hope for Luck to come back. I'd probably focus mainly on trying to get better RB. could probably get some decent WR on the waiver wire to fill in if needed. Hope that helps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad