2017 Fantasy Football Discussion

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
You should not be vetoing anything unless you have proof of collusion. Stupid trades and collusion are two different things. I’d be finding a new league if my legit trades got veto’d

Thats your opinion but I think trades should get vetoed if theyre unfair. All depends what the majority of the league members think.

The guy giving up AJ Green isnt very smart especially considering that the guy he's getting Brady from already has another top QB in Watson.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What other defenses are out there?

Yeah.

HOU remaining sched

Oct 29@SeASun 1:05 pm*10.02-----
9Nov 5IndSun 10:00 am*10.90-----
10Nov 12@LARSun 1:05 pm*10.90-----
11Nov 19AriSun 10:00 am*10.86-----
12Nov 27@BalMon 5:30 pm*10.35-----
13Dec 3@TenSun 10:00 am*10.39-----
14Dec 10SFSun 10:00 am*13.46-----
15Dec 17@JAXSun 10:00 am*10.72-----
16Dec 25PitMon 1:30 pm*10.53-----
17Dec 31@IndSun 10:00 am*10.63
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Easy matchups with Indyx2/SF/ARZ

BUF

Oct 29OakSun 10:00 am*12.73-----
9Nov 2@NYJThu 5:25 pm*12.66-----
10Nov 12NOSun 10:00 am*12.73-----
11Nov 19@LACSun 1:05 pm*12.27-----
12Nov 26@KCSun 10:00 am*11.84-----
13Dec 3NESun 10:00 am*11.74-----
14Dec 10IndSun 10:00 am*12.66-----
15Dec 17MiaSun 10:00 am*12.66-----
16Dec 24@NESun 10:00 am*11.24-----
17Dec 31@MiaSun 10:00 am*12.51-
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Still have 2 Pats games, 1 against KC, 1 against Nawleans.

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
Thats your opinion but I think trades should get vetoed if theyre unfair. All depends what the majority of the league members think.

The guy giving up AJ Green isnt very smart especially considering that the guy he's getting Brady from already has another top QB in Watson.

Everyone values players differently. People should be able to manage their teams as they see fit.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008

It's fair if he's desperate for a QB. Other person owning Brady and Watson just means he was smart and picked Watson up off waivers and is dealing from a position of strength and depth.

Vetoing a trade because someone has depth at a position doesn't seem fair to me.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
It's fair if he's desperate for a QB. Other person owning Brady and Watson just means he was smart and picked Watson up off waivers and is dealing from a position of strength and depth.

Vetoing a trade because someone has depth at a position doesn't seem fair to me.

Thats fine but given that QB is the least important fantasy position, Green for Brady still a lopsided deal imo. If it was Brady for Agholor I wouldnt have a problem with it.

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
Thats fine but given that QB is the least important fantasy position (in your opinion), Green for Brady still a lopsided deal imo. If it was Brady for Agholor I wouldnt have a problem with it.

i dont' think anyone in the history of fantasy football would trade brady for agholor. maybe after brady retires. but if you think that's more fair, all the power to u

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
i dont' think anyone in the history of fantasy football would trade brady for agholor. maybe after brady retires. but if you think that's more fair, all the power to u

Okay any insert any WR2. I was just using Agholor as an example. And no QB is the least important position, its a not just my opinion, its widely accepted notion in the fantasy community.

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
Okay any insert any WR2. I was just using Agholor as an example. And no QB is the least important position, its a not just my opinion, its widely accepted notion in the fantasy community.

TE? K? even defense?
I'm not someone who has ever drafted a "top" QB and would agree that there is much better value later in the draft. regardless, i disagree that it's proper to veto any decisions made by other GMs about their teams unless its collusion or completely offside.

anyways, hope you're having a good weekend! Not worth arguing over really, to each their own right??

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
TE? K? even defense?
I'm not someone who has ever drafted a "top" QB and would agree that there is much better value later in the draft. regardless, i disagree that it's proper to veto any decisions made by other GMs about their teams unless its collusion or completely offside.

anyways, hope you're having a good weekend! Not worth arguing over really, to each their own right??

I dont count K or DEF just the offensive positions. But yeah I just dont value QBs very highly especially when every season theyre are several QBs that are picked off waivers and play like studs.

Yeah and my weekend is going so well playing against Jack Doyle's career day :(

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
The official scorer giving Zeke exactly 150 yards when it looked like he only got 149 might win me my matchup in one that I had to have. It helps that my opponent had Jason Witten in over Jack Doyle. That was a 24 point swing just for the tight ends. There is a five point bonus at 150 rushing yards.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Agholor and Smith-Schuster are killing me. It's a 3WR nonppr league and I have Cooks and Green so they play every week. The 3rd spot is between those two and whoever I start stinks it up and the other kills it. The next week I flipped them and they do it again. I can't get any consistency with my receivers this year. Need Smith and Hunt to go for 25 each for a chance to win.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Guess who wasn't paying attention to his teams bye weeks and now has half of his team on a bye this upcoming week?

Messed up part is, I really don't wanna drop anyone on my team at the moment :laugh:. I'm also playing the guy tied for first, so I've pretty much already accepted the L

That being said, is dropping the Vikings D for the Rams D a good idea? The Vikings are on a bye next week and the Rams D has been kind of better overall, granted their schedule wasn't bad early on.

Last edited:

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I've got Antonio and Keenan on bye next week (week 9), and my only bench WRs right now are Sterling Sheperd and Cooper Kupp. Whoops. Haha.

I didn't pick up Juju because his bye didn't help me in week 9. Dang it. I could have had him too. I took Sheperd instead.

There's a guy in my league who's a massive Steelers fan. I'm toying with offering him Brown for Hopkins and McCaffrey.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I've got Antonio and Keenan on bye next week (week 9), and my only bench WRs right now are Sterling Sheperd and Cooper Kupp. Whoops. Haha.

I didn't pick up Juju because his bye didn't help me in week 9. Dang it. I could have had him too. I took Sheperd instead.

There's a guy in my league who's a massive Steelers fan. I'm toying with offering him Brown for Hopkins and McCaffrey.

Both of those guys are good fill-ins TBH. Shepard was already a safety-net for Manning, the # of targets he'll see will be absurd now with what that WR situation has turned into. Kupp has limited upside, but has a decently high floor for a bye week fill-in. 3 TDs on the year isn't too shabby at all either.

Don't even consider a trade like that for Brown. I really have nothing else to say on that, he's easily the best player in fantasy football. When 70 yards is an unbelievably disappointing week, you know you're good. Only a handful of receivers average over 70 yards per/game.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Yikes. That Zach Miller injury is nasty. Dislocated his knee, but more dangerously, damaged an artery in his leg. Doctors had to perform emergency surgery and graft part of the artery from his other knee just to save his leg! That's scary stuff.

Hope he recovers fully.

**I know this isn't fantasy football talk, but I never post in the actual football forum.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Thanks Trap. Every season I get bored and want to make trades just to spice things up. Keeping Brown is definitely the smart play.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Agholor and Smith-Schuster are killing me. It's a 3WR nonppr league and I have Cooks and Green so they play every week. The 3rd spot is between those two and whoever I start stinks it up and the other kills it. The next week I flipped them and they do it again. I can't get any consistency with my receivers this year. Need Smith and Hunt to go for 25 each for a chance to win.

To a lesser extent, I have that problem with my QB carousel. I have Stafford and Rivers, and every time I play the matchup, the other one goes off. It's so annoying.

That being said, is dropping the Vikings D for the Rams D a good idea? The Vikings are on a bye next week and the Rams D has been kind of better overall, granted their schedule wasn't bad early on.

Yeah, I'd do it.

Those options aren't as bad as you think.

And no way to that trade.

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
Guess who wasn't paying attention to his teams bye weeks and now has half of his team on a bye this upcoming week?

Messed up part is, I really don't wanna drop anyone on my team at the moment :laugh:. I'm also playing the guy tied for first, so I've pretty much already accepted the L

Best fantasy advice I ever got was a guy saying “f*** bye weeks, draft the best team available and if you’re 7-1 or 8-0 when half your team is on bye who cares?”

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad