2017 Fantasy Football Discussion

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Dontrelle Inman just got traded to the Bears. He was okay with the Chargers last year, and the Bears are desperate for WRs.

What do you think the realistic expectations are? I picked him up as a "why not" but that passing offense is so completely neutered that I don't expect anything. Even a receiver like Wright (albeit a completely different type of receiver compared to Inman) who is at least decently talented was able to do nothing when he was the #1 and essentially only WR option.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm not trusting Inman at all. He's new to the team. Doesn't know a single play. Has zero chemistry with the QB.

As a general rule, the whole "new faces in new places" applies to players struggling the first year they join a team before camp. A guy joining a team mid-season is usually a recipe for disaster.

**AP's first game with Arizona is a big exception to the rule

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Also, just a heads up to everyone, the Steelers have made Martavis Bryant inactive as a punishment for his antics this week.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm not trusting Inman at all. He's new to the team. Doesn't know a single play. Has zero chemistry with the QB.

As a general rule, the whole "new faces in new places" applies to players struggling the first year they join a team before camp. A guy joining a team mid-season is usually a recipe for disaster.

**AP's first game with Arizona is a big exception to the rule

Oh, there's no way I'd trust him, but it is a unique situation. He was what, a #4/5 receiver on the Chargers that no one would have owned that now has a very good chance to be a #1 WR very quickly on his new team. Upside is obviously severely limited based on Chicago's abysmal passing attack and Inman's overall talent, but opportunity does always creates upside.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
what WR?
i would've done the same thing, i think watson is for real

AJ Green.

The owner in question was in a really bad spot and my WR's have disappointed. I'm not expecting Watson to continue at the pace he has been on. But I don't think it's unreasonable to put up about 17.00-20.00 points each week with that offense.

Brady is more consistent. But he also hasn't put together an above-average Brady game in over a month.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
What do you think the realistic expectations are? I picked him up as a "why not" but that passing offense is so completely neutered that I don't expect anything. Even a receiver like Wright (albeit a completely different type of receiver compared to Inman) who is at least decently talented was able to do nothing when he was the #1 and essentially only WR option.

I think he's an okay deep league option (14+ teams), but that's about it. He's better than what the Bears were trotting out there even without knowing much (any?) of the offense.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
AJ Green.

The owner in question was in a really bad spot and my WR's have disappointed. I'm not expecting Watson to continue at the pace he has been on. But I don't think it's unreasonable to put up about 17.00-20.00 points each week with that offense.

Brady is more consistent. But he also hasn't put together an above-average Brady game in over a month.

Brady for Green in a no brainer, especially with you still having Watson in the fold.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Worth picking up Gore?

I could drop -

Snead, Doyle, Kearse or Doctson Bills/Texans DEF
With the RB situation being as it is, I would pick up as many RBs as possible.

I'd drop Doyle or one of your defences. I don't usually carry 2 defences (just my own rule) and TEs are a gong show.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
39 points for the Ravens' defense tonight for one of my leagues
The Ravens D accounted for 33.5 in my main league.

Best part of that is, there's a new guy in our league this year who complains whenever anything bad happens to him. Like a few weeks ago he went off about how many points a QB loses for a pick 6, but that was only after his QB threw a pick 6. He didn't care about it up until then. I think he also complained about TD scoring and QB passing points. He's complained about players who are dropped having to go back on waivers and not immediately be free agents. It's never ending.

This week, now that his opponent had the Baltimore D, he's complaining about that.

I changed his name to "Old Man Yells at Cloud" in our league group chat.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
With the RB situation being as it is, I would pick up as many RBs as possible.

I'd drop Doyle or one of your defences. I don't usually carry 2 defences (just my own rule) and TEs are a gong show.

I need Doyle for when the Pats go on bye week (I have Gronk), but I don't know who to choose between BUF & HOU.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
AJ Green.

I expect Watson to struggle soon (maybe even this week against Seattle), but you can't pass up A.J. Green. Good job.

Worth picking up Gore?

I could drop -

Snead, Doyle, Kearse or Doctson Bills/Texans DEF

Cut Houston's D

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Would you guys drop Perine to pick up Robby Anderson? I need a flex badly this week, let alone a WR2... I have Agholor and Ginn as my 2 WR

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
I agree but an elite QB should never fetch an elite WR. If that happened in my league I would be vetoing it.

You should not be vetoing anything unless you have proof of collusion. Stupid trades and collusion are two different things. I’d be finding a new league if my legit trades got veto’d

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad