Prospect Info: 2017 Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Petterson is NHL ready. He has elite speed and a deadly shot. Oh and his defensive game is not bad. Could & should improve.

Just so false for so many reasons. He does not have elite speed by NHL standards at all at the moment. It's closer to average.

Find me 1 player in the NHL that is over 6'0" and under 175 lbs... I'll wait.

There is 1 NHL ready player in this draft and he's going to go #1, unless teams are worried about his injury history.

No not at all

I was alluding to the idea of watching a 150lb 18 year old go toe to toe in a game against "such" grown men next season.

Big mean and nasty players in general.

He'd get killed in a playoff game atmosphere. Thankfully, NHL teams are smarter than that, which is why regardless of which of the 31 teams pick him, he won't be in the NHL this year or next.

Last edited:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Petterson is NHL ready. He has elite speed and a deadly shot. Oh and his defensive game is not bad. Could & should improve.

Sadly, almost none of this is true. Petterson is further from the NHL than anyone projected to go towards the top ten and is an average skater with far from elite speed. I agree though that the defensive game is good for his age.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Red wings always overdevelop their prospects to the point that they suck. Pettersson will be picked before 9th though.

Yeah, they sure ruined Pavel Datsyuk (draft 98-1st NHL exp 01), Henrik Zetterberg (draft 99-1st NHL exp 02) and Nick Kronwall (draft 00-1st NHL exp 03) by developing them in the minors...

The Wings "overdevelopment" isn't the issue. It's that the players that they had been taking simply weren't any damn good and they're not going to gift NHL time to players who aren't any damn good.

The development is fine, the drafting sucked. Garbage in, garbage out. Gem in, gem out.

theD86

Winging it
Jun 23, 2007
Columbus, Ohio

A II R

Jun 2, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Would you guys trade #9OA, Nyquist, and our 2018 2nd from NYR for #3OA? Would that be enough to get it done? Feels like it give Dallas immediate help while still getting them a top 10 prospect and a decent pick in a (supposedly) loaded draft next year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Would you guys trade #9OA, Nyquist, and our 2018 2nd from NYR for #3OA? Would that be enough to get it done? Feels like it give Dallas immediate help while still getting them a top 10 prospect and a decent pick in a (supposedly) loaded draft next year.

No... Be patient. You don't need to do it all in 1 draft. There are several good defenseman next year. Better ones actually, IMO.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015

Not in this draft. I think next years draft will have a much better top 10 and way better defensemen. It's early but Miro could be like the 5th best defender if he was in the 2018 draft

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

No. No guarantee/vast likelihood that Liljegren, Makar, or anyone at 9 is any worse a player than Heiskanen. Patrick and Hischier are a pretty clear top two... but after that, in just glancing, I've seen Timmy at 3, Mittelstadt at 3, and so on. That is giving up a bunch of assets to most likely get an equivalent player.

If this draft was the MacKinnon draft where you would have had your choice of Jonathan Drouin or Seth Jones at 3? I consider a move like that, as Jonathan Drouin and Seth Jones had much higher ceilings as prospects than, say Bo Horvat or Rasmus Ristolainen. Those guys have proven to be very good young players themselves, so even that would have turned out to be a meh trade.

Mostly, unless you have a no-brainer, slam dunk prospect at 3, you don't move up. I don't see Heiskanen as being Nyquist + 2nd value better than Makar or Necas or Pettersson or Glass or whoever.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

There's no point in trading up for this draft. And that's why holland will do it

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
There's no point in trading up for this draft. And that's why holland will do it

I could see Arizona going from 7 to 3. They have lots of picks and prospects, not sure about roster players Dallas would be after. I'd say they are the most likely of any team to flip for that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad