Prospect Info: 2017 Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I plan on doing another one of those "who would you have drafted" threads afterwards, it's much easier at that point for me to say the 1 guy I would have taken at our draft slot. After seeing how everything falls before our pick.
That's the best way, makes things easier and you get realistic selections knowing how the draft actually went, especially if we include more than the 1st rounds. It's cool to go back and see who we all picked, here's last year's thread:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2097183

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Lol. If we draft him and he becomes a player, are you going to give him a fair shot or be one of those guys who's going to constantly point out every turnover and blown assignment?

If he is a better more impactful nhl player for longer than those other three I will say I was wrong without a doubt

Will you do the same if he isn't I wonder though?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
If he is a better more impactful nhl player for longer than those other three I will say I was wrong without a doubt

Will you do the same if he isn't I wonder though?

Lol alright. You better still be posting 10 years from now.

As far as will I? No. But that's just because I haven't really claimed one way or the other. His weight definitely scares me as well, but if he's one of the more skilled players in the draft I absolutely understand the reasoning for taking him and trying to hit a home run - especially in this draft. The truth is that I don't follow prospects nearly enough to have a strong opinion one way or the other. I can definitely know what type of player and/or position I'd like them to take and then make an educated guess based on scouting reports of players, but whether they were to take Glass, Pettersson, Makar, Lilegren, etc wouldn't make me overly happy or mad either way. The only thing I ask for this pick (assuming we pick at 9) is to take a higher ceiling player over an Abdelkader. With the state of the organization I'd rather bust on a high ceiling player than to get a dime a dozen 3rd liner.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Lol alright. You better still be posting 10 years from now.

As far as will I? No. But that's just because I haven't really claimed one way or the other. His weight definitely scares me as well, but if he's one of the more skilled players in the draft I absolutely understand the reasoning for taking him and trying to hit a home run - especially in this draft. The truth is that I don't follow prospects nearly enough to have a strong opinion one way or the other. I can definitely know what type of player and/or position I'd like them to take and then make an educated guess based on scouting reports of players, but whether they were to take Glass, Pettersson, Makar, Lilegren, etc wouldn't make me overly happy or mad either way. The only thing I ask for this pick (assuming we pick at 9) is to take a higher ceiling player over an Abdelkader. With the state of the organization I'd rather bust on a high ceiling player than to get a dime a dozen 3rd liner.

Fair enough

I respect that

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Combine measurements are happening today. You can find some of them reported by @scottcwheeler on Twitter: https://twitter.com/scottcwheeler

Here's some of them so far:
Jokiharju 6'1/188
Heiskanen 6'2/172
Heponiemi 6'0/149
Tolvanen 5'11.25/189.5

EDIT: These may not be correct, see here:
[Tweet]870998819965722624[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I watched a good deal of Portland this year and never would have guessed Jokiharju was over six feet.
At the end of the day it's really all about how they look on the ice. Players have different postures/skating stances, so two guys 2 inches apart might actually look very similar on the ice.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I watched a good deal of Portland this year and never would have guessed Jokiharju was over six feet.

Apparently he grew during the season.

Mods- could you transfer some of these posts to the new thread? This ones about to hit 1K

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
So who does Detroit draft with their #9 pick for Centers Pettersson/Necas for D possibly Lilgegren if he's still on the board just slightly less then 3 weeks away things should get interesting here shortly.

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
Surprises so far:

Casey Mittelstadt listed at 5'11.5, almost two inches shorter than expected

Miro Heiskanen about two inches taller at 6'2

Calle Makar is damn near 190lbs at 5'11.25

edit: to throw some comparisons for Makar; Krug is 5'9-185, Ellis is 5'10-181, Ghost is 5'11-181 & Karlsson is 6'0-192

edit 2: Mittelstadt only managed one bench press and no pull ups. This combine is not helping his stock

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Surprises so far:

Casey Mittelstadt listed at 5'11.5, almost two inches shorter than expected

Miro Heiskanen about two inches taller at 6'2

Calle Makar is damn near 190lbs at 5'11.25

edit: to throw some comparisons for Makar; Krug is 5'9-185, Ellis is 5'10-181, Ghost is 5'11-181 & Karlsson is 6'0-192

edit 2: Mittelstadt only managed one bench press and no pull ups. This combine is not helping his stock

What's the weigh at for bench?

No pull ups is ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad