Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Yankees in 7

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
That game looked hopeless in the 7th but the baby bombers keep finding a way. Gutsy win, Gray was good, smacking Giles around was nice.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Astros fans have to be feeling a major case of déjà vu after what happened in 2015 Game 4 vs KC. They had 4 run lead in that one too...

We will see what this young team is made of now. The truly great teams deal with this type of adversity the right way and go on to become Champions. Or they will fold like a cheap tent and become just another high end team that can't get it done when it counts. You know, like the Indians, Nationals, Capitals, etc.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Astros fans have to be feeling a major case of déjà vu after what happened in 2015 Game 4 vs KC. They had 4 run lead in that one too...

We will see what this young team is made of now. The truly great teams deal with this type of adversity the right way and go on to become Champions. Or they will fold like a cheap tent and become just another high end team that can't get it done when it counts. You know, like the Indians, Nationals, Capitals, etc.

I knew it would be tough when you changed your avatar to Houston.

Also, I think most Houston fans knew this could be coming considering the bullpen and pitchers beyond Verlander and Dallas were meeeeeh

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

Consider the Yankees could have easily folded like a cheap tent after blowing that 8-3 lead. We saw how they responded.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Consider the Yankees could have easily folded like a cheap tent after blowing that 8-3 lead. We saw how they responded.

If Sanchez catches the ball in game 2 they probably are up 3-1 right now. The Stros were toast in that game if they did not score in that inning with pretty much only junk available out of the pen

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why so quick to remove McCullers? He was pitching a gem and made one bad pitch...he was still only at 80 pitches. Too quick of a hook IMO.

Especially with the Astros' hideous bullpen. But I get McCullers probably had a pitch limit given he hadn't gone over 83 pitches since July and hadn't had 83 pitches since the end of September.

Really both teams have their backs to the wall in a sense. Houston's gotta run the table on their aces' games and win in six even more so after tonight when the Yankees made their bullpen look like buffoons.

Yeah sadly that's a good comparison. Ironically the Astros were probably five outs away from winning the series tonight just like they were five outs or whatever away from winning against KC.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
On the cutoff by Frazier to nail Guriel, which is a more significant play than history will give it credit for, Aaron Judge actually makes the tag.

Still trying to figure out how the f*** Aaron Judge got in the infield and why :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
On the cutoff by Frazier to nail Guriel, which is a more significant play than history will give it credit for, Aaron Judge actually makes the tag.

Still trying to figure out how the **** Aaron Judge got in the infield and why :laugh:

It's the Derek Jeter move, get way out of position and wind up making a critical playoff play.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX

Nah I disagree. That 2015 team was completely different. Besides that was a shorter series. This one is still very active and Houston isn't dead yet. Their bats are slumping but that won't last forever. The question is, will they bust out of it before the series ends?

Besides, this is really their first shot being fully loaded like this. They're nowhere near to the train wreck that the Nats and Caps are, who have been losing in the postseason for years.

Their core is young and their ownership isn't afraid to spend money. If they don't advance I'm sure they'll look to get another key starting pitcher in the offseason and get some bullpen help.

The frustrating thing for them is their bullpen was outstanding early in the year to the all-star break. Then their starting pitching started taking one injury hit after another and the bullpen get overworked big time. Paying the price for that now.

Still, it's 2-2 and anything can happen. Looks like the winner will face an LA team on a mission anyway.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Houston sports everyone

Hey I'd argue we're in good shape down here lol. The Astros are still in this thing, and even if they aren't, they're going to be good for some time.

The Texans are good and have an exciting QB for the first time, it's just a shame they lost Watt again and Mercilus. But they're coming off a division title, a playoff win, and gave NE a battle in the second round.

The Rockets are pretty darn good and will probably win 55 games or so again, even if they probably still couldn't beat GS in a 7-game series, last night's thrilling win notwithstanding.

So yeah, it's not like they're a disaster like plenty of other cities teams right now.

Reactions: Melrose Munch
Sep 19, 2008
This is my first time watching on FS1.
If I see one more Skip Bayless ad I give up and put the radio on.
"SKIP YOU A BROTHA TO ME. BROTHAS FIGHT."
"THIS IS UNDISPEWWWTED"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad