• Yankees in 6

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Yankees in 7

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
And the Astros are not. They had 1st and 2nd with two outs and Tanaka ended up getting the K to end that half of the inning.

Plus they had had a runner at third with less than two outs in the 2nd inning and squandered that opportunity.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
And the Astros are not. They had 1st and 2nd with two outs and Tanaka ended up getting the K to end that half of the inning.
It balances out. They were lucky as shit with some of their runs in games 1 and 2.hell even game 4

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It isn’t a series until the road team wins.

I mean, to use a hockey analogy, what if this is merely a 2-3-2 version of the 2003 Cup Finals?

Or other examples: 1974 Rangers/Flyers, 2002 Leafs/Islanders.

And both these teams have been on opposite ends of a 2-3-2 baseball playoff series where the home team team held serve (2004 NLCS, 2001 World Series)

And lest we forget the Twins winning 2 World Series despite literally never winning a WS game on the road

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yankee stadium is an intimidating presence once again.

Funny how none of these great offenses can hit in the bandbox during the postseason. And Tanaka was lit up like a pinball machine by this same Astros team during Jeter night or whoever they were honoring that Sunday night in the regular season where he gave up eight runs in like an inning.

I'm starting to get a 1996 vibe from the Yankees, with this year the Dodgers playing the role of the Braves as the NL collusus they're never supposed to beat but do.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Funny how none of these great offenses can hit in the bandbox during the postseason.

I'm starting to get a 1996 vibe from the Yankees, with this year the Dodgers playing the role of the Braves as the NL collusus they're never supposed to beat but do.

We raise the fences when the opposing team hits obviously.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Funny how none of these great offenses can hit in the bandbox during the postseason. And Tanaka was lit up like a pinball machine by this same Astros team during Jeter night or whoever they were honoring that Sunday night in the regular season where he gave up eight runs in like an inning.

Little opposite: 1996 Yankees were a superior road team compared to home, and they didn’t need big comebacks before the WS (split ALDS and ALCS before taking care of business on the road)

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Befor anyone says how this series could and should be over based on the first two games.... coulda shoulda woulda.

That’s like saying the Oilers and Ducks Series should have ended in six games at EDM when Draisaitl had that monster game (hat trick, 5 points). Game 5 was what it was. No what-ifs.

Yes, the Yankees look good, they have been great at home, but..... they are going to have to win at Houston at some point.

They have merely held serve in this format.

Astros ironically did this in the 2004 NLCS: lose 2 on the road, win 3 at home.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I'm confident that Verlander will send this to a game 7. Who wins that is anyone's guess at this point.

Houston gagging late in game 4 is the turning point. Either they'll fold in game 6 or fight back and possibly advance to the World Series.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I'm confident that Verlander will send this to a game 7. Who wins that is anyone's guess at this point.

Houston gagging late in game 4 is the turning point. Either they'll fold in game 6 or fight back and possibly advance to the World Series.

Again, we shall see. We saw Edmonton gag in historic fashion in a game 5 and they had every reason to fold in game 6. They did not.

What if this is the baseball equivalent of when Nashville lost Johansen and a gutpunch game 4 OT, could have folded their tents, fought back, made the Cup Finals.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Befor anyone says how this series could and should be over based on the first two games.... coulda shoulda woulda.

That’s like saying the Oilers and Ducks Series should have ended in six games at EDM when Draisaitl had that monster game (hat trick, 5 points). Game 5 was what it was. No what-ifs.

Yes, the Yankees look good, they have been great at home, but..... they are going to have to win at Houston at some point.

They have merely held serve in this format.

Astros ironically did this in the 2004 NLCS: lose 2 on the road, win 3 at home.
Their best pitcher is starting in a series clincher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad