Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Yankees in 7

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Houston strong.

They will take it in 7. I can't imagine the heart of their lineup just dying like the Indians did.

With that said, games 3 and 4 will basically be bullpen games for the Astros one would think and that is a concern. So it puts a TON of pressure on them grabbing 1 and 2 with Keuchel and Verlander pitching.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yankees in 6. Better pitching depth.

Gary and Judge had like 5 hits and they still knocked off the best team in baseball.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I actually think the Yankees will take this one.

Their top 2 can hold up against Verlander/Keuchel, and I think they match up better against the other HOU pitchers (Peacock/Morton/McHugh). And the bullpen advantage. And the bats cancel out.

That said, the last time they were in an ALCS against a Texas team they seemed to match up well with, not so.

But as we know, sometimes it's the teams you least expect that go all the way. See: 2006/2011 St. Louis Cardinals.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yankees in 6-7 depends how Houston pitches

If Houston gets good pitching I expect them to win in 7

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Astros in 6. There's no pressure on them, they've barely been mentioned all regular season or playoffs despite winning 101 games. All postseason even in their own series all you heard was "what's wrong with the Red Sox?" instead of acknowledging the Astros are pretty darn good. 97% of the media attention will be on the Yankees so the Stros just need to go out and play and have fun.

Reg. season is a different slate, but Houston played NY pretty well, took five of seven, versus going 1-5 vs Cleveland. Houston's lineup just showed they can hit good pitching up and down, even if a couple guys cool off others step up. Could be some explosive offense in this series, it will be fun.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I actually think the Yankees will take this one.

Their top 2 can hold up against Verlander/Keuchel, and I think they match up better against the other HOU pitchers (Peacock/Morton/McHugh). And the bullpen advantage. And the bats cancel out.

That said, the last time they were in an ALCS against a Texas team they seemed to match up well with, not so.

But as we know, sometimes it's the teams you least expect that go all the way. See: 2006/2011 St. Louis Cardinals.

Supposedly no Tanaka til game 3. He's going Gray/Severino in the first 2

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Many games in the playoffs are decided by the bullpen. Yankees will win.

They have to get 1 of the first 2. If they don't they probably don't win the series. If I'm AJ Hinch and I take the first 2 I basically say I'm not going to push Keuchel or Verlander on 3 days rest. I'm gonna go with them in games 5 and 6 and hope I just end the series in 5 or 6. Assuming you take one of 3 or 4 you should be good.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Also the MVP debate will get ramped up for sure, although the postseason doesn't matter. But you can get the media talking heads will bring it up nonstop. Even Costas during Game 1 of Houston-Boston was going on about how Altuve needed to have a good postseason to overcome "other contenders" for the MVP crown.

Well Bob you should know the postseason isn't taken into consideration, but if it was, so far it's been a complete bloodletting:

Judge: 1 for 20, no HR, 2 RBIs, one run, .208 OBP and he struck out an insane 16 of 20 times vs. Cleveland.

Altuve: 8 for 15, 3 HR, 4 RBIs, five runs, .632 OBP and only two strikeouts.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Also the MVP debate will get ramped up for sure, although the postseason doesn't matter. But you can get the media talking heads will bring it up nonstop. Even Costas during Game 1 of Houston-Boston was going on about how Altuve needed to have a good postseason to overcome "other contenders" for the MVP crown.

Well Bob you should know the postseason isn't taken into consideration, but if it was, so far it's been a complete bloodletting:

Judge: 1 for 20, no HR, 2 RBIs, one run, .208 OBP and he struck out an insane 16 of 20 times vs. Cleveland.

Altuve: 8 for 15, 3 HR, 4 RBIs, five runs, .632 OBP and only two strikeouts.

The only reason Judge struck out to that degree is because of how they called his strike zone. Nothing he could do on pitches that low which should have been balls.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I'm saying Yankees in six. Frankly I liked our chances against Clevland as well and I think because of the bull pen advantage we can pull it off. Grey/Severino in 1 and 2 gives us a chance and then having Tanaka and the big man going at the Stadium? I hope it goes at least 6 since I have that Friday off and can day drink for the game.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
The only reason Judge struck out to that degree is because of how they called his strike zone. Nothing he could do on pitches that low which should have been balls.

I don't know about that. Here or there I can blame on the ump but 16 out of 20 is something else entirely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->