Speculation: 2017 - 2018 Roster Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Postma is not an upgrade over Connauton. He’s a year from turning 30 and hasn’t been more than a part time NHLer for his entire career. This would be another Clendening hope signing.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I'd like to see Postma signed for cheap this summer as the new 3RD. He's over qualified for the job, even if his usage doesn't show it.

Perfect. Check one need off tje list.

The winger will be trickier. How are the Capitals going to sign Carlson? How can we help? Taking on Oprik or Niskanen for a pick?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Me too. I like goose. I like demers. I like O. I like Chychrun and I like Hammer. Let’s keep all of them.
Agreed. I like our 7D men and if they are all back next year, I think we are fine. They need to stay healthy. Our problem is mostly at the C position, lets fix that.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
We're gonna need a new Schenn/7D type anyway, I don't think they keep him. We've got a clear top 5, a 6th spot up for grabs for competition, and we'll need a body for injuries.
I suppose it's not even a given we keep KConn. Though I think he'd stay if wanted since the Coyotes have given him more opportunities than anyone else.

I think there's a value question there in terms of how much you want to spend on those slots. I wouldn't mind having a more bonified NHLer playing on our bottom pair but I think that's also a perfect spot to save some money at.

Clendening may not have worked out but Cousins did. Bargain bin dives are okay for limited minute slots. You keep KConn + 1 UFA and maybe a PTO to compete for that job.

Reactions: Conor Clancey

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Another D to look at is Folin in LA. Wanted the Coyotes to sign him last year too.

Reactions: Mosby

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Oh random other note, we're no longer paying Antoine Vermette not to play here starting next season. So that's 1.2m :biglaugh:

Reactions: _Del_

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Oh random other note, we're no longer paying Antoine Vermette not to play here starting next season. So that's 1.2m :biglaugh:
Apparently Anaheim has been paying him not to play there either. Scratched the majority of their last 10 games.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Postma is not an upgrade over Connauton. He’s a year from turning 30 and hasn’t been more than a part time NHLer for his entire career. This would be another Clendening hope signing.

He's had three NHL coaches through his career and each has treated him like a #7. So the professionals seem to agree with you. But he LOOKS much better than a #7 and his stats agree.

By The Numbers: Jets strengths and weaknesses in each skater

Reactions: _Del_ and Sthlmyote

cobra427

May 6, 2012
OEL-Demers
Goligoski-Dahlin
Chychrun-Hjalmarsson
Connauton

Is a fine top 7. Why even add anyone? That’s fine as-is. ;)
If Dahlin turns into what the scouts think, that would be a top 5 d core, i like it!

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
OEL-Demers
Goligoski-Dahlin
Chychrun-Hjalmarsson
Connauton

Is a fine top 7. Why even add anyone? That’s fine as-is. ;)
If the Coyotes win the lottery (HA!) then the D is an absolute strength - potentially one of the top in the entire league.

Reactions: cobra427

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Oliver looking at an 8 yr 8-10 mil range.
-worried about a move to Houston-

Barroway will be bought out. Still no clue by who but can semi confirm it’s in progress.

A lot will be shown to light after the season ends.

That’s all I got.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Barroway will be bought out. Still no clue by who but can semi confirm it’s in progress.

That’s all I got.
Is there a source to this?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

That’s all I got.
Our season or the leagues?

Reactions: SniperHF

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona

That’s all I got.

Well with Barroway being bought out and Oliver being worried, I do sense that the end is near.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Well with Barroway being bought out and Oliver being worried, I do sense that the end is near.

I wouldn’t put it in the sense the end is near. The buy out is a good thing, not a bad thing.

I put the Houston thing in there because that was a relay as well. However I don’t think it stops him from signing.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Barroway completely bought out? Kinda makes you wonder why Andy B even took over full ownership if he wasn't even going to be able to make it a year.
Barroway bought out his former partners because he wanted control. Barroway is attempting to find investors now but also maintain control. If Barroway can't find investors, he will sell for the same reason, newer money will want control and Barroway doesn't want to be a minority owner without control.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Barroway bought out his former partners because he wanted control. Barroway is attempting to find investors now but also maintain control. If Barroway can't find investors, he will sell for the same reason, newer money will want control and Barroway doesn't want to be a minority owner without control.

I guess we just need to hope that the new ownership is as committed to AZ as he seemed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad