Speculation: 2017 - 2018 Roster Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Ridley

Feb 28, 2018
JVR is slow

Bozak might be too much money for the yotes, there will be a market for him

Obviously if we get the first pick I’ll take Dahlin over trading that pick. I don’t think we should trade a top 10 unless we can fill two+ holes like the trade last year. Whatever happens in the offseason winning next year is very important. Another season of suckage will continue to hurt the fan base.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Was Hamilton, F-type acquired to attract Hamilton, D-type? Or, do you think JC is sly enough to have picked him off of waivers, in order to deal his rights,to a team trying to court Dougie?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Was Hamilton, F-type acquired to attract Hamilton, D-type? Or, do you think JC is sly enough to have picked him off of waivers, in order to deal his rights,to a team trying to court Dougie?

I've wondered if this is the case. We sure missed out on some more valuable waiver wire forwards by hanging onto him. I also wonder if it was a middle finger to Burke move. Chayka knowing it would affect Dougie. With Smith being on the Flames and now being in a closish spot in our rebuilds, it sure seems like the clubs are build up animosity quickly.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Don't think we're going to be without a first this year. They only made the deal with the 7th last year because they had another first.

With Hammer and Demers out what does our D look like....besides a lot younger?

Probably:
Zki6LEk.gif

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Still a lot of games to be played but Keller could get another Rookie of the Month.
He's ahead in points per game and total points.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don’t see how Freddie impacts Dougie though. It’s not like Dougie is a free agent. This only becomes a thing if Dougie demands a trade with Arizona being the only team he’d go to. I’m not even sure if he has a no trade clause either.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don’t see how Freddie impacts Dougie though. It’s not like Dougie is a free agent. This only becomes a thing if Dougie demands a trade with Arizona being the only team he’d go to. I’m not even sure if he has a no trade clause either.
Modified NTC for last two years of contract, no issue for next year or so.

Reactions: Mosby

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'm kind of surprised there doesn't seem to be much appetite for trading our 1st.

I'm not advocating moving it if it's between 1-4OV, but 5th or lower? I'm definitely open to that, particularly if we can bring in another long-term player like we did with Stepan.

Chayka wants to add another high impact player. But how do we do that without moving the 1st? You'd have to be prepared to move either Strome or Domi I think. And who knows what the perceived value of those two is.

Would NYR for example do something like 6OV + Strome for 26OV (the Tampa or Boston pick) + Zibanejad?

That addresses the C issue. Then go into UFA and find a top 6 winger and a depth D.

JVR - Stepan - Keller
Domi - Zibanejad - Panik
Perlini - Dvorak - Fischer
Martinook - Richardson - Cousins
Crouse

Even better if we can potentially upgrade on Panik by moving him with another asset (Merkley?). Maybe for a high-cap, low-cash player. Boedker is one idea, but I'd have to look into that a little deeper for other potential names.

OEL - Demers
Chychrun - Hammer
Connauton - Goligoski
Sustr

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I want another young skill player in the pipeline in case all of the Fischer Perlini Domi types end up tweeners instead of solidified 2nd liners. If the rebuild continues to advance next season this will be their last crack at such a pick.

Reactions: Jakey53

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I was kind of hoping Hickey could make the roster next year making it more feasible to trade Goligoski.

Reactions: hbk

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Capobianco is more ready, has higher upside and is younger than Hickey.
That is possible ( the more ready part). Capo has more O upside for sure. I think Hickey is better defensively. It appears Chayka cant (or wont) sign him so Capo it is.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I really do not want to move anyone on the blueline outside of filling KConns spot. It takes defensemen much longer to learn a new system and our defensemen are finally clicking. Seems like a two steps forward one step back situation if we move one for a slight upgrade. Let's get a bottom pair guy so KConn can be #7 and a winger upgrade. If Strome fizzles in this ten game try out we can think about a center, but right now he looks ready.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'd like to see Postma signed for cheap this summer as the new 3RD. He's over qualified for the job, even if his usage doesn't show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad