2017-2018 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Man....Vegas is a HARD working team.

Whatever they lack in talent, they make up for in sheer work ethic.

Blowing up Colorado right now. Marchessault has 3 goals, not on 30 goal pace yet but I'm sure he hits 20. Smith is really missed here for PK duties, but more mad he's gone simply because his agent outsmarted our GM at the time.

You watching OTT-NJD?
Jersey has that same fight and sheer determination. Both fun teams to watch.

We're way more entertaining than years past. More run and gun now which I know drives us mad but damn I like the excitement now and the scoring increase around the league. No need for defense! :sarcasm:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Vegas works so hard. They know they can beat teams with 100% effort for 60 minutes. Wish our guys did that.

Giving away Smith and March was very stupid.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Vegas does look good. They actually have a real solid group of forwards. I don’t know if their D will hold up for the whole season. I do like Colin Miller though, dude can skate.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If you're McPhee, I think your plan has been altered especially with the tragic events on OCT 1st so now I think you may see them go for the playoff push but you do have to keep in mind, they have had a fairly light schedule so far. Not ready to crown them a playoff team just yet but they're off to a great start and attracting fans which is integral in your first season. I think you have to re-sign Neal (if he wants to be there) to have him be a recognizable face for the franchise, Fleury being the other one while building through the draft. Curious how their next 2 months play out, will be very telling for what mind set they're in come January and then the trade deadline.

You have to figure LA will challenge for the division title all year long, ANA will get healthy, EDM will start scoring and competing and CGY will finally figure out how to become more consistent.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
A goal and a assist for Grimaldi tonight against the Hawks. On the deflection goal he just camped right in front of the goalie like a boss.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Such brutal goalie luck.

Starter gone, back-up gone. Back-up of the back-up gone. Now the back-up of the back-up of the back-up is playing with the back-up of that back-up.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
So supposedly, if the Rangers lose tonight against Vegas, he may get fired.

Lucky for him, they are facing the 5th string goalie.
Rangers should just accept fate and rebuild, but knowing them, they'll sign Tavares to a 15m per contract come next offseason. Too many secondary pieces and not enough top level talent, also a regressing Lundqvist.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Rangers should just accept fate and rebuild, but knowing them, they'll sign Tavares to a 15m per contract come next offseason. Too many secondary pieces and not enough top level talent, also a regressing Lundqvist.
Team is owned by James Dolan right? Same guy as the Knicks owner?

It took him a LONG time to accept the Knicks were, are, is GARB and finally rebuild.

So...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark