2017-2018 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Tick Tock AV.

Vegas doin a decent job keeping everything on the outside. Also, they consistently have 3 to 4 around the net to prevent cross-ice passes.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It's going to be interesting to see how the Vegas fans handle it, when their luck eventually runs out and the team sinks to the bottom of the standings. Reality is going to hit them hard when this fairytale ends.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It's going to be interesting to see how the Vegas fans handle it, when their luck eventually runs out and the team sinks to the bottom of the standings. Reality is going to hit them hard when this fairytale ends.

I dont know man. To win with your 5th string? Your doin something right.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
In case those tweets aren't loading.

Sens get Duchene.

Preds get Turris, re-signs for 6x6.

Avs get Girard, Kamenev, Bowers, Hammond (cap dump), Sens 1st round pick, Preds 2nd & Sens 3rd.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Massive return for Avs. On top of the future picks, two former 2nd rounders (Kamenev seems a bit meh though) and a former 1st rounder. And to top that off, Preds got to keep their top prospect (Tolvanen). Avs also now have space to take a cap dump in return for assets for a year or two, if their owner isn't picky about spending.

Damage control for the Sens, they're gonna have this same problem with Duchene next year. Ryan & Phaneuf contracts hampering their spending and Melnyk probably doesn't want to spend to the cap anyway.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Sens paid a lot to switch from Turris to Duchene. But they are looking to contend now, so can't blame them. Cap troubles are incoming if they want to re-sign Duchene and Karlsson, Ryan or Phaneuf will probably get shipped to somewhere else before that.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
That’s a whole lot of meh going to Colorado. I wouldn’t be too thrilled with that return if I were an Avs fan.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
A lot of quantity going to Colorado. I guess getting that much future depth has good value.

That’s a whole lot of meh going to Colorado. I wouldn’t be too thrilled with that return if I were an Avs fan.
For a player that had made it known that he doesn't want to be there, that is a really good haul. Girard made the Preds team as a 19yo (Ellis injury played a part, but that's still impressive), Bowers is a late first rounder from this past summer (don't know much about him tbh), Kamenev is a project (he should get a better chance of making the NHL in Colorado) and don't forget the 1st rounder for next summer (very unlikely that Sens make the conference final again IMO). Moving Duchene also frees cap space to make additional moves to acquire more picks.

Perds make out nicely IMO they’ve got a really solid C corps locked in long term.
They have to do something to free up $$ for next season though, Craig Smith is the likely one to go, but won't be easy to move. I wouldn't be surprised if they checked the market on Rinne, he's the first one of the core guys on an expiring contract (2019) and getting up there in age too.

Preds have enough prospects that they could afford this trade and still not sell the entire pipeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad