2017-2018 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
If Ottawa's choices are to lose Karlsson for nothing if he refuses to re-sign vs. trading him - Ekblad would be exactly the type of player they'd be looking for.

Young, locked up long term and can (somewhat) replace what Karlsson brings on the first pair.

Not many teams have similar players to offfer and the cap space we do.

Likelihood it happens is almost zero, just saying, it makes sense if they can't lock him up.
The Sens would need someone to run their PP and move the puck up ice. Ekblad has been focused on D only since Lu complained about Bobby Boo's run and gun system. Plus Ek got no PP time last game which tells me BB is not happy with what he saw with Ek on the PP. His skating is not as bad as people make it out but it certainly is no where near what you would expect from a guy making $7.5M/8 yrs. The only way that looks reasonable is probably the last 2 years of his contract when the Cap is likely close to $95M +. :)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'd MUCH rather have Doughty than Karlsson. Not as good offensively but, IMO, much better defensively.

I think Karlsson will get paid more than Doughty, not by much, but I'd much rather have Doughty anyway.

Go away Toronto.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I'd MUCH rather have Doughty than Karlsson. Not as good offensively but, IMO, much better defensively.

I think Karlsson will get paid more than Doughty, not by much, but I'd much rather have Doughty anyway.

Go away Toronto.
Agree. Rather have Doughty too. If we're redoing this d for conversation purposes, much rather have DD. We'd have to ship out Yandle and/or Ekblad .

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Why didn't anyone care to point out when they'd lost three in a row before this game?

Oh right, we can't complain about that.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Why didn't anyone care to point out when they'd lost three in a row before this game?

I wish our worst losing streak was just three games, or that we were able to put together two five-game winning streaks like them. They're still 6-4-0 over their last ten games. They're an expansion team - they should be losing. Instead there's a decent chance they will make the playoffs while we have almost certainly (and deservedly) played ourselves out of contention.
Yes I'm upset about that.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Because that would reflect poorly on Gallant and this is the unofficial "I wish we had Gallant still cuz he's elite" thread.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Kiss this team goodbye. Maybe after all is said and done we can all come together on a true villain to pin it on. Until then...

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Wonder who Tallon will give away in the Seattle Expansion. Maybe Barkov and Huberdeau for a 3rd. "They're up for contracts and we needed to clear some space for some of our younger players"

Reactions: jvr32
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad