Prospect Info: 2017-2018 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Okay, this is awful.
Not entirely surprising when you look at that roster - without Malgin, Mamin and Haapala, that group is simply weak - meh forward group and the D consists of guys whose upsite is maybe playing a third pair in the NHL. They should still get at least a few points here or there though. Surrendered 3+goals in all but one game and can't score on top of that.
Ugh.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Happy for Hunt. He was one of the guys I was picking to have a breakout year. Of course the T-Birds lose to #11 in the conference yesterday in Syracuse and then beat #12 Belleville......T-Birds are the bottom feeding #16. Haven't seen any games this year but I would bet the Goaltending hasn't been as bad as the defense just based on the same system they are running in Sunrise.

Boughner tweeked the aggressive blueline positioning/gap last night to a more conservative defensive first approach although the Caps did get loose in front of the net a bit too much. Ek didn't score and it remains to be seen if he can deal with a lesser offensive role. My guess is he can't and will eventually get back to his over aggressive leanings.

It will be interesting to see if Kinnear will also go to a more conservative approach on the backend. Since I haven't seen the club this year, it's possible the forwards are a big part of the defensive woes. When you win and the other team still scores 4 and no PP goals, then the team is still struggling 5 on 5 defensively. They gave up 10 PP's to Belleville which is ludicrous. They didn't score, so I guess all the PK practice helps.:laugh:

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Happy for Hunt. He was one of the guys I was picking to have a breakout year. Of course the T-Birds lose to #11 in the conference yesterday in Syracuse and then beat #12 Belleville......T-Birds are the bottom feeding #16. Haven't seen any games this year but I would bet the Goaltending hasn't been as bad as the defense just based on the same system they are running in Sunrise.

Boughner tweeked the aggressive blueline positioning/gap last night to a more conservative defensive first approach although the Caps did get loose in front of the net a bit too much. Ek didn't score and it remains to be seen if he can deal with a lesser offensive role. My guess is he can't and will eventually get back to his over aggressive leanings.

It will be interesting to see if Kinnear will also go to a more conservative approach on the backend. Since I haven't seen the club this year, it's possible the forwards are a big part of the defensive woes. When you win and the other team still scores 4 and no PP goals, then the team is still struggling 5 on 5 defensively. They gave up 10 PP's to Belleville which is ludicrous. They didn't score, so I guess all the PK practice helps.:laugh:

Well it didn't stop him under the conservative Gallant system .

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Well it didn't stop him under the conservative Gallant system .
GG never had a problem with offensive Dmen joining the rush or pinching in. Hell, I can still remember pulling my hair out the number of times Guds got caught pinching. I think the difference between the two systems is the pairings and GG's system which had proper gap control and positioning rather than Boughner's aggressive approach up by the blueline. I'm interested to see if the more conservative approach used in Washington continues. :)

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Aother great Springfield Night Sateri had 20 Shots on his net and let pass 2 of them. So Springfield lost agains 2:1.
Sorry i see more and more Sateri contract get cut off or send down in the ECHL.

scoob8888

Sep 28, 2017
Can't really blame him. The prevalent opinion here is that you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Aother great Springfield Night Sateri had 20 Shots on his net and let pass 2 of them. So Springfield lost agains 2:1.

I mean I haven't seen the game, but scoring one goal just doesn't cut it and that's been the problem with them for a while?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Allowing 2 goals is bad? How about the rest of the team not scoring more than 1? Did you even watch the game?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Allowing 2 goals is bad? How about the rest of the team not scoring more than 1? Did you even watch the game?
part of 1st 2nd and 3rd Periode so i doesnt watched the whole 60 Minutes Game.
Okay Sateri maybe cant do much on the first Goal, still make it only 20 shots on net. Even some Rookie Goalies on other Teams able to make 19 or 20 saves.
Yes but you can also Question why we didnt score much more on a Rookie Goalie. But 1st Periode was more a slugging Game that it has something to do with Hockey from the Minutes i saw.

Its also curios that the Goals always or more or less happen on our older Player.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I watched the unconscionable boarding on Mamin that left him face down on the ice. This guy Mandat got 5 minutes but the real disturbing things is no one came to Mamin's defense. That tells me all I need to know about the team other than they stink. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad