Prospect Info: 2017-2018 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Watching a bit of Linus Nassen tonight in the WHL.

Play by play announcers raved about his debut on Friday. Good puck skills, mans the point really well on the power play, getting first unit time and is on the PK too...looks to be logging big mins at 5v5. Reminds me a lot of Weegar in how he moves around the ice with and without the puck and analyzes the play.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Dissapointing for Repo, I thought he looked like he had some upside in the games he played.

Thought so too. I liked his game although it was raw.

So Repo back to Liiga, AHL would've been a better option IMO.

I guess he'll have a bigger role in Liiga? I don't know if he needs ahl time that much, his game seemed to fit NA style well. Maybe it's better for he development offensively to get a top 6 spot, not sure that was available here.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's fairly obvious that Tappara wasn't willing to let a player under contract "walk free" and this is why Repo is back in Finland. Obviously Repo understands this, and while he probably would have been fine with AHL he's probably aware of the rules and also his obligation to Tappara.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I guess he'll have a bigger role in Liiga? I don't know if he needs ahl time that much, his game seemed to fit NA style well. Maybe it's better for he development offensively to get a top 6 spot, not sure that was available here.
Idk, he could've easily been a 1st line player in Springfield if McCann & Malgin stay up and probably play center too. I could be wrong, but I think Tappara played him as a winger most of last season.

It's fairly obvious that Tappara wasn't willing to let a player under contract "walk free" and this is why Repo is back in Finland. Obviously Repo understands this, and while he probably would have been fine with AHL he's probably aware of the rules and also his obligation to Tappara.
Legally Tappara has no power on this matter though, once Repo signed his ELC. Now that doesn't mean that the two parties can't have a gentleman's agreement that if Repo doesn't make it, Panthers will loan him back. But it's not a pure "we won't let go of this player" from Tappara's POV, Panthers decision at the end of the day.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

There's no guarantee that he's ever going to be cleared to play in the AHL due to the epilepsy thing and my guess is that he's going to be playing in Sweden again this year.
8/4/17

giphy.gif

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
What do you guys think is a likely projection for both of Haapala and Mamin? Did they have good camps? Are they NHL calibre prospects?

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
So Borgstrom has Mono. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say he has an off year. He has lost 10 lbs after working real hard to put on the weight and you are not supposed to do any exercising for 4-6 weeks after as you can rupture your spleen. It's tough to bounce back so it will be interesting to see how long it takes him to get back in the groove. :)

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
So Borgstrom has Mono. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say he has an off year. He has lost 10 lbs after working real hard to put on the weight and you are not supposed to do any exercising for 4-6 weeks after as you can rupture your spleen. It's tough to bounce back so it will be interesting to see how long it takes him to get back in the groove. :)

Did have mono*

He’s fine now

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Was it a good decision to get Sateri to Springfield. I never get into him in the Preseaon first Game 5 Goals allowed with that much expierence.
Hope he will get better as our NHL Goalies.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Hopefully Heponiemi stays healthy.
His offensive skill and playmaking ability will be really valuable for Finland in U20 WJC's.

Think about that if Finland's top line will be Vesalainen Heponiemi and Tolvanen.
How do you stop and eliminate all that skill what that line has to offer.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Hopefully Heponiemi stays healthy.
His offensive skill and playmaking ability will be really valuable for Finland in U20 WJC's.

Think about that if Finland's top line will be Vesalainen Heponiemi and Tolvanen.
How do you stop and eliminate all that skill what that line has to offer.

Heponiemi isn't a center,he is a winger,he is horrible at face-offs.

For PP Hepo&Eeli will most likely play together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad