Prospect Info: 2017-2018 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mass Panther Fan

Dec 8, 2015
I have not been able to watch much of Borgstrom so I am looking for some insight as to whether he is projected to be a center or a winger at the pro level. Can his game translate to winger or is he a natural center who looks like his game will struggle as a winger? I just ask because it seems like we have a backlog of natural centers who do not translate well to wing.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hopefully Heponiemi stays healthy.
His offensive skill and playmaking ability will be really valuable for Finland in U20 WJC's.

Think about that if Finland's top line will be Vesalainen Heponiemi and Tolvanen.
How do you stop and eliminate all that skill what that line has to offer.

Just play Canada :sarcasm:
No I agree, that's a fair bit of firepower and skill. Looking forward to the WJ's, my fave hockey to watch.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Watching the Denver v. Notre Dame game, Borgstrom looks ridiculous. You can just tell his mind thinks the game at an elite level.

He has a goal so far, 5 mins into the 2nd period.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
SPR starting 0-2.... They really have too much talent for that. Hopefully they can get a good coach in there sooner rather than later

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Borgstrom finished the game with 2 goals. I don’t know shit about player eligibility and contracts and all that. But if he plays another at Denver it’ll be a complete waste of time. He was head and shoulders above everyone in the game tonight.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Borgstrom finished the game with 2 goals. I don’t know **** about player eligibility and contracts and all that. But if he plays another at Denver it’ll be a complete waste of time. He was head and shoulders above everyone in the game tonight.
He could potentially play with us this year after his season ends. It's early but he probably won't need another year of college hockey.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
The whole point of Borg wanting to go the NCAA route was that he wanted to get stronger and become a better all-around player. We've all known from the day he was drafted that he's skilled and can put up points, so nothing new on that front.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he wanted to stay there for a third year.

scoob8888

Sep 28, 2017
SPR starting 0-2.... They really have too much talent for that. Hopefully they can get a good coach in there sooner rather than later
Providence is no joke, stacked lineup, I am more worried about the backend then the offensive guys upfront.
Spot on. Just got back from Providence. The T Birds played hard but the baby Bruins have better players than they do. Hartford is next up and they appear to be a team more on the T Birds level.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
If Borg dominates this year again I'd rather see him in the ahl next season.
He specifically mentioned the scheduling on as to why he didn't want to play in Liiga. If he isn't physically ready, I don't see how the AHL is any different, it's arguably worse with all the travelling.

He was over a PPG player already last season. Points aren't the thing we should be looking at to define when he is ready.

bluegod29

Oct 4, 2011
Thunderbirds 0-4 to start. I don't even know what to say. Pathetic, that's all I have.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Thunderbirds 0-4 to start. I don't even know what to say. Pathetic, that's all I have.
A disgrace. That team with the supposed young talent can't get out of it's own way. Too many young guys who need to be spoon fed and coddled in order to get motivated. It's a shame for many young guys who finished the season strong last year and can't get out of their own way this season. Geordie and his staff need to step on a few heads. Joyce as usual is strapped by Vinnie on spending for quality veteran talent to provide leadership. You get what you pay for Vinnie. :(

Reactions: bluegod29

bluegod29

Oct 4, 2011
A disgrace. That team with the supposed young talent can't get out of it's own way. Too many young guys who need to be spoon fed and coddled in order to get motivated. It's a shame for many young guys who finished the season strong last year and can't get out of their own way this season. Geordie and his staff need to step on a few heads. Joyce as usual is strapped by Vinnie on spending for quality veteran talent to provide leadership. You get what you pay for Vinnie. :(

yep, exactly. Too many guys here who think they should be in Florida without doing anything in the AHL. They think they are in a junk league and because of that they are getting the crap beat out of them. AHL is a tough league and you need to bring it every night like you would in the NHL and they just don't get it.

Geordie might not have much longer. There is no excuse. Too many returning players to start this poorly. Ahl typically has a large turnover in rosters, so to have this many returning players and play this poorly is unacceptable.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The whole point of Borg wanting to go the NCAA route was that he wanted to get stronger and become a better all-around player. We've all known from the day he was drafted that he's skilled and can put up points, so nothing new on that front.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he wanted to stay there for a third year.

I doubt that's maxing his development.

At some point you need to increase the challenge and AHL has lighter schedule than AHL so he can train his weaknesses there if must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad