2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know you weren't or still aren't too high on Poehling but do you really think Evans can be better? Not being snarky, genuinely asking. I haven't seen a ton of Evans but I just don't think he has the juice to his game that Poehling does. Surely you're being slowly swayed by some of these vids. He looks a lot more skilled than what many were saying.

For me it's just way too early to know what Poehling will be for us other then I like his chances to be an NHLer in time since he has a number of interesting qualities.

Having watched a lot of Evans since he was drafted, the big difference is physical. Evans was skinny, needed to work on his skating/speed, get stronger at the same age. Poehling already has the speed, skating, size, strength (not saying he doesn't need to improve there). Now Evans is a playmaker that is smart and hard working but skinny and not that strong based off last season as I haven't seen him yet but will get to see him several times. Poeling is also a playmaker but his defensive game and all round game are much further ahead of Evans at 18.

It's hard to guess where either will end up. For me I need to see how Evans looks in the AHL next year. I could easily see him in the NHL in 2 or 3 years, he's got a lot of interesting tools as he's great in the face-off circle, he works hard, is skilled, smart, has improved his skating/speed. Just needs to fill out and get stronger, then we have to see how his offensive game translates.

Poehling over the next two years should be very telling. What he does playing in maybe the best conference in the NCAA, playing for Team USA, how much his offensive game can develop as he's with a very good coach.

Just looked at our prospects production and saw that Evans is putting up a ton of points. I've never seen him play. Anyone watch him regularly? Does his production seem sustainable or has he been getting the bounces?

yes, have seen a lot of him. He's more of a playmaker, but he is one of those that can make his linemates better as he's smart and hard working. He knows what to do with the puck, he's not as gifted a playmaker as say Scherbak or Reway but he can play a solid two way game and if he gets stronger look out as he could be a legit top prospect for us.

Vejdemo could be having a bit of a breakout. As many points as he had all of last year already

I'd say so as it took him 10 games this year to score as many goals as he had all of last year. He's 1 away from his career high in goals.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What's happening to Josh Brook?

He got injured at camp (or before camp, I don't recall) and had surgery. In fact he had surgery the same day Addison had one, as well. While Addison is out for 6 months, I don't remember how long Brook will be out of action for.

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
He got injured at camp (or before camp, I don't recall) and had surgery. In fact he had surgery the same day Addison had one, as well. While Addison is out for 6 months, I don't remember how long Brook will be out of action for.

I may be wrong, but I believe Brook is out for 6-8 weeks.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DMnUoQkXUAIP_Q9.jpg

DMm-9MmXcAcWILl.jpg

Nice to see both Ryan Poehling and Jake Evans as their team's 1C

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
1 goal 1 assist for Pezzetta tonight 11 points in 11 games. Who would have thougth he would fight with Bitten for top scoring this year?

One assist for Phoeling tonight after two periods.

Last edited by a moderator:

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Phoeling with another assist on go ahead goal 2 on the night. St Cloud win 5-2 vs Boston college.

Jack Evans and Notre Dame win but no points for Evans tonight. 5 shots and +1

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
going to watch the game tomorrow in the morning but Poehling in just 4 games is 1 assist away from last year. And this time it was against one of the top programs in the NCAA.

After letting in just 3 goals in his first 2 games, Hawkey has let in 9 goals in his next 2. He's 3-1 but going to have to get that fixed. All of the sudden our goalies can't seem to stop anything after being so good last year.

Might have to watch some more of Pezzetta's games, have seen very little of him, just once this year and once or twice last year. I liked what I saw in the one game this year. going to be interesting to see what kind of season he ends up having and if he gets a contract or not.

Was hoping to catch the Ikonen vs Nattinen game today but didn't.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
going to watch the game tomorrow in the morning but Poehling in just 4 games is 1 assist away from last year. And this time it was against one of the top programs in the NCAA.

After letting in just 3 goals in his first 2 games, Hawkey has let in 9 goals in his next 2. He's 3-1 but going to have to get that fixed. All of the sudden our goalies can't seem to stop anything after being so good last year.

Might have to watch some more of Pezzetta's games, have seen very little of him, just once this year and once or twice last year. I liked what I saw in the one game this year. going to be interesting to see what kind of season he ends up having and if he gets a contract or not.

Was hoping to catch the Ikonen vs Nattinen game today but didn't.

Eerie.

It's like Price is the queen and as he goes so do the drones.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Poehling with a goal and assist so far tonight
He now has as many assists as he had last year, but in 30 less games

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
i watched the game, not sure how Poehling got an assist on the 1st goal as it didn't look like he touched it but either way he played another strong game and this time it wasn't the backup in net like Friday night. Last night had the goalie who was the backup on Team USA's WJC team I believe.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
This isn't one of the best BC squads of the recent years but St-Cloud taking both games is impressive. It's nice that Poehling played such a big part in both wins.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This isn't one of the best BC squads of the recent years but St-Cloud taking both games is impressive. It's nice that Poehling played such a big part in both wins.

yea they lost a lot of their upper classman but still have impressive goaltending and the coach with the most wins in NCAA history. Did you get to see any of the games? was wondering if you noticed BC's Logan Hutsko, he gave them fits this series although more so Friday night as SCSU really shut them down last night until later in the game.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
yea they lost a lot of their upper classman but still have impressive goaltending and the coach with the most wins in NCAA history. Did you get to see any of the games? was wondering if you noticed BC's Logan Hutsko, he gave them fits this series although more so Friday night as SCSU really shut them down last night until later in the game.
Oh for sure, he's hard not to notice and the commentators were talking about him a lot too since he's such an interesting story ( freshman who lost almost the entire 16-17 season to injury but is one of the top producing forwards this year) . He's a real dynamo, although he looks SUPER skinny and small out there. He's got some bulking up to do in the future. BC is one of the best programs in the NCAA so he'll be in very good hands, no worries there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Oh for sure, he's hard not to notice and the commentators were talking about him a lot too since he's such an interesting story ( freshman who lost almost the entire 16-17 season to injury but is one of the top producing forwards this year) . He's a real dynamo, although he looks SUPER skinny and small out there. He's got some bulking up to do in the future. BC is one of the best programs in the NCAA so he'll be in very good hands, no worries there.

yea when your coach has over 1000 wins, you are in good hands. SCSU was really impressive, I am interested to see if they can keep this up, could be a big year for them although getting through Denver will be very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad