2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Ikonen has clearly been told to use his playmaking. He's set his linemates up with 3 golden scoring opportunities. Twice when, arguably, he should've just used his shot. Playing a good game so far, though.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Ikonen has clearly been told to use his playmaking. He's set his linemates up with 3 golden scoring opportunities. Twice when, arguably, he should've just used his shot. Playing a good game so far, though.
He really is looking a lot better today, much more engaged in the offensive zone. Being a playmaking center is the way to go for him right now in my book ,his lack of strength and foot speed is less of an issue when he's looking to set his linemates up instead of trying to go to the net. Lavoie and Tavi are good wingers for him, they're both decent at finding open space.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
He really is looking a lot better today, much more engaged in the offensive zone. Being a playmaking center is the way to go for him right now in my book ,his lack of strength and foot speed is less of an issue when he's looking to set his linemates up instead of trying to go to the net.

Holy shit we got a barn burner here, Pompeius. lol.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
That was fun. Ikonen does look good at center. Most importantly he seems to have adapted to the pace of the Liiga game. Could've had some points tonight if he opted to shoot or if one of the egregious plugs he's playing with could pick a corner.

@Pompeius Magnus are you watching on ruutu+?

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire

Nice goal by Evans .
#4 Notre Dame loses to #1 Denver 3-2 in shootout

Evans played a great game, was involved in all areas of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19VJ17

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Poehling is Galchenyuks dream center. Fast, physical, two way player with playmaking skills. For AGs sake, I hope he moves quickly.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Didn't finish watching Poehling's game, saw most of it though. He played well, was on the PP and PK and in the top 6. Crazy game, I missed the first few minutes and it was already 2-0 Alaska which was a big shock. I assume SCSU maybe took them a little lightly since Alaska was one of the worst teams in the NCAA last year. After going down 2-0 they gave up another just as their own PP ended and their players got caught in a line change and the rest had tired legs. But after being down 3-0 they started getting better and better as the game went on.

Poehling from this one game, looks like he needs to add more lower body strength but not surprising since he's 18. He moves well though with good speed/skating. He's smart and hard working at both ends. Had a nice scoring chance in the slot with a quick turnaround shot that just went wide. Made a nice pass to set up his linemate right in front of the goalie all alone but he couldn't burry it. Then he setup a goal on the PP. I will watch the final 9 minutes of the game in the am.

Poehling with 3 pts in 2 games so far. He's already got half the assists in 2 games then he had last year (6) but I would expect his totals to go up as he's going to get PP time and top 6 time so hopefully he can crack the 30 pt mark.

I am a fan of this kid. I think Habs should be signing him to an ELC before his season is over.

They can't sign him until his season is over with Notre Dame.

Is Evans going ahl/nhl next year or is he going to play another year with Notre Dame?

AHL next year, he can't play in the NCAA after this year as he's a Senior.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Encouraging news about some of these prospects. There’s a realistic chance that both Poehling and Evans become NHLers at the same time (2-3 years).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
6 pts in 9 games for Vejdemo after getting 8 pts in 48 games last year. He's got 5 pts in the last 5 games, would be great if he can start putting it together consistently.

Reactions: Belial

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Despite his -1, Ikonen had a solid game against Kärpät today. In general killed his opponents plays in his zone, kept his team's plays alive in the opponent's zone, and set up his ECHL fodder linemates with some scoring chances, had a few of his own. The points will come if he keeps playing like this.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
6 pts in 9 games for Vejdemo after getting 8 pts in 48 games last year. He's got 5 pts in the last 5 games, would be great if he can start putting it together consistently.

And in the SHL no less, one of the top leagues in the world. nice to see some of these centers playing well and producing. It should make those who follow the prospect pool feel better about the Habs' biggest weakness moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad