2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Will Bitten with 2 assists tonight in a 3-0 win over Ottawa.

Speaking of Bitten, he was named on the OHL roster for the Russia Series.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Another terrible performance by Kalpa today in a 5-1 lost, with Ikonen getting around 9 minutes centering the forth line. His team is dead last in the league for goals for and second to last in points. Not much to report on our guy, his line didn't get the chance to do much and was locked inside the defensive zone for most of their shifts.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Another terrible performance by Kalpa today in a 5-1 lost, with Ikonen getting around 9 minutes centering the forth line. His team is dead last in the league for goals for and second to last in points. Not much to report on our guy, his line didn't get the chance to do much and was locked inside the defensive zone for most of their shifts.

Literally nothing has changed about that team since I've been watching them. Same lines, same pairings, same PP units, same garbage over and over again. The hell is Tavi doing on the powerplay? lol

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The thing that is worrying me the most is that his fellow rookie Alexandre Texier is doing noticeably better than he is right now( although it doesn't really show stat wise), which is making me think Ikonen might have made the jump to the senior league too soon. His strength and physical maturity just aren't up to that level at the moment in my opinion.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I haven't found either of them to be that noticeable. Both will get the occasional chance although it's only Texier getting the occasional goal. I think Ronnberg was right though: Ikonen needs to get faster. Luostarinen seems to be the best of the 2nd rounders, or at least the most prepared for this level.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I haven't found either of them to be that noticeable. Both will get the occasional chance although it's only Texier getting the occasional goal. I think Ronnberg was right though: Ikonen needs to get faster. Luostarinen seems to be the best of the 2nd rounders, or at least the most prepared for this level.
Texier just looks more confortable to me, in large part obviously because he's bigger and faster. He'll have one or two good sequence every game, enough to make me notice him at least. Ikonen on the other hand looks very much like a teenager to me.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I feel like Ikonen will break out in the world juniors, and when he goes back to Kalpa he will start producing again

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Great start to the season for Evans, especially impressive since he's doing it on such a young team that lost their best 2 players from last year.

I didn't see the game but noticed that Ikonen played 12:58, his highest ice time in over a month. Good to see, hope he can build on that.

I didn't see the game yet, will watch in the morning but Hawkey with a nice bounce back game against a big conference rival in BC with 1 goal on 25 shots to get the W.

Reactions: Stive Morgan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad