2017-2018 Blues Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The only thing that worries me is, trading 2-3 of our prized prospects for a trade deadline rental.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The only thing that worries me is, trading 2-3 of our prized prospects for a trade deadline rental.
No rental will have that kind of value unless it's a guy like Tavares in which case we should have a strong chance of re-signing him.

So, it shouldn't be a concern.

I'm far from Doug Armstrong's biggest fan, but I'm still very confident in him that he's not just going to move these guys for crap. We'd be getting a good player that would help us.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
David Noel had 1g 1a and more importantly was a +1. Had the game winner.

I now that most were not impressed with him in camp and he was a liability in the dzone in the prospects tournament, but I did like some of what I saw. He was 18 and in traverse city, that is usually dominated by the AHL kids and kids draft year plus two.

He looked much better then some of the other dmen that were late picks at his age. I am interested in seeing how he develops.

Reactions: Blueston

aceoutdoor

Jun 7, 2012
Husso is athletic, smooth and has great reflexes. Seems to be very calm, cool and collected. Sky is the limit, seems destined to be an NHL Goalie.

Thomas, when you watch his interviews you can tell he just turned 18 two months ago, on the ice not so much. The kid is special and it will be a real treat to watch him mature and progress into a great player. Did we just draft the ever elusive franchise No. 1 center? I sure hope so.

Amazing what one off season can do to change our outlook on the future of the team.

Reactions: Blueston

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013

I'm really not in favor of moving any of our best kids....especially our best forward prospects. These multiple player deals to go "all in" almost never work and simply rob us of assets that have been very difficult to acquire. Based upon what I am seeing, I say "Stand Pat." This group is very promising.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I'm really not in favor of moving any of our best kids....especially our best forward prospects. These multiple player deals to go "all in" almost never work and simply rob us of assets that have been very difficult to acquire. Based upon what I am seeing, I say "Stand Pat." This group is very promising.

Same here

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Yea, it is very rare that a deadline player fits with his team, and becomes an integral piece going forward. It works out occasionally, like Gaborik helping LA win the cup. Mostly its just not enough or the player doesn't find his groove with the new team. I wouldn't mind trading prospects for an established player. But I'd rather do it earlier in the season, and I'd rather it be for someone we can extend or has term. Someone that fits in our mid-term plans. To me that means a top 6 C, or a top 4 LD that's an upgrade on JBO til our youth is ready. Maybe a 2RW if Schenn can stick at C, or 2LW if Fabbri sticks at C, but we'd have to wait a bit and see. The down side, is we would be making it even harder for our youth to eventually fill in. For that reason, ideally, I'd like to package on of the older guys like Berglund, Sobotka or Jbo, or move them in a different deal. Most likely, nothing like that will come available and I'd be happy staying put.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Toropchenko reminds me so much of Athanasiou. I think he is going to do some serious damage going forward.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I was at the game, he has slid in seamlessly and looks very comfortable and boy is he a good skater for his size. Right now he's playing on the top line with Cam Hillis and Isaac Radcliffe, however the Storm are still missing Givanni Smith, Nate Schnarr and Liam Hawell. The return of those 3 players will likely reduce his ice time a bit.
The 2 goals were nice releases from the slot where he drove a lane and received terrific passes from Samorukov and Hillis.

Speaking of Cam Hillis, I really hope the Blues scouts take a long look at him for this upcoming draft. He's smaller but he is incredibly skilled and cerebral. He would be very good value for the Blues in rounds 2-3.

Reactions: PiggySmalls

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I was at the game, he has slid in seamlessly and looks very comfortable and boy is he a good skater for his size. Right now he's playing on the top line with Cam Hillis and Isaac Radcliffe, however the Storm are still missing Givanni Smith, Nate Schnarr and Liam Hawell. The return of those 3 players will likely reduce his ice time a bit.
The 2 goals were nice releases from the slot where he drove a lane and received terrific passes from Samorukov and Hillis.

Speaking of Cam Hillis, I really hope the Blues scouts take a long look at him for this upcoming draft. He's smaller but he is incredibly skilled and cerebral. He would be very good value for the Blues in rounds 2-3.

+1 on Hillis in the early going. Not quite the Blues style, and we really ought to be going after defensemen if we end up with just the one 2nd rounder, but if we move up (and I feel like there's always a good chance of that, especially this year) then Hillis is someone to pay attention to at least.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Musil was first star in the Rampages first preseason game with two assists and a goal

Kaspick with two goals in a wheat kings OT loss last night as well

Thomas and the knights got run over by the Frontenacs 5-0

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Trenton Bourque's Attack are ranked top 3 in the CHL. They took an OT victory over the Opilka-less Kitchener Rangers last night. Rough start for Bourque personally however; he was -3 last night and is -5 over 2 games with no points. I guarantee he will get the +\- straightened away before long.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
On a side note, Stephen Dhillon has been killing it so far. 66 shots faced, 64 saves for a .970 sv %. Sign the kid already.
PREACH!

If we don't someone else undoubtedly will...

Reactions: PiggySmalls

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
It is nice to see Toropchenko off to a fast start. I am surprised but not necessarily shocked by his start, I was very high on him after seeing him in prospects camp. He is big body who plays a man's game, like a David Backes, except he can skate like the wind.

I am going to go ahead and call my shot right now. In 5 years we are going to look back at the draft as one of best the Blues have had.
Drafted Thomas
Drafted Kostin
Drafted Toropchenko
Shed Lehtera
and
Traded for Schenn.

I honestly believe those will be 4 top9 talents we picked up in 24 hour period.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Evan Fitzpatrick has been left on the bench for the past 3 games. The other goalie in Sherbrooke is playing better so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad