2017-2018 Blues Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I haven’t seen Noel play yet this year but the book on him has always been that he’s an offensive d-men with shaky D and positioning.

He seems to have some good tools to work with so maybe he’ll develop into something eventually.
So, the next Shattenkirk? :sarcasm:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Canada vs Denmark U20 teams facing off today as selection camp continues. Looks like Thomas and Kyrou will be going up against Nikolai "Malkin" Krag. Hope Thomas and Kyrou are ready for the challenge.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Canada vs Denmark U20 teams facing off today as selection camp continues. Looks like Thomas and Kyrou will be going up against Nikolai "Malkin" Krag. Hope Thomas and Kyrou are ready for the challenge.

After 2 losses to the CIS kids I expect Canada to destroy Denmark today.

All 3 of Kyrou, Thomas and Kaspick playing.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Noel - been following him all season. I wasn't expecting him to blow up like he has. Being the only NHL drafted player on his team makes him a marked player, but also give him far more opportunities on the ice to play.

At the TC tourament, he was used over Borque (spelling) on the PK and saw more ice time. I though he was a disaster in his own zone and if there was a pairing to get hemmed in, it was the 3rd pairing. However, he was 18 at the time and the TC tournament favors 21 year old kids. He is someone I am looking forward to seeing next year to see his development. But he could be another one of those late round hidden gems like Krag and Helt....

Check sarcasm meter.

On another note: Kostin had 14 minutes in penalty - including a 10 min. misconduct. Husso gave up 2 goals against on 26 shots and TT had two assists against a very solid Cleveland team.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Final cuts for Team Canada tonight (within the hour it sounds like). Sounds like Kaspick has a decent chance.

Edit: Nope. Kaspick announced as the first cut tonight.

Won’t be joining Kyrou and Thomas.

Last edited:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Didn't expect Kaspick to make it through but at least he made it pretty far.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Forwards are: C — Steel, Thomas, McLeod, Howden; LW — Dube, Katchouk, Formenton, Gadjovich, Comtois; RW — Raddysh, Kyrou, Steenbergen, Batherson.

The other early Vegas pick, Nick Suzuki, was the last forward cut. A little surprising as that kid is both talented and a ball of energy (reminds me of Fabbri) but I can’t argue Steenbergen didn’t legitimately beat him out.

Pronman had this to say, which is interesting.

Five 1999 born Canadian forwards picked in top 13 in 2017 draft (Glass, Rasmussen, Tippett, Vilardi, Suzuki). None made final CAN team, although Vilardi never got a shot due to injury. The 99's to make it were Thomas (20th), Formenton (47th), Comtois (50th).

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
The Blues could really use a boost from their young depth. They don’t have much to show up front since the 2010 draft.
Blues don’t necessarily need Thomas and Thompson to become Janney and Shanny...but they need a couple of these guys to challenge for a top-line role in this league someday, and just learn and contribute as soon as next year.

Last edited:

KilmKostin

Sep 28, 2017
Going to love watching the WJs this Christmas. Two big time guys for Canada both representing us.

Going to be interesting in camp this Summer with Thomas/Kyrou forcing their way into the door and Kostin/Thompson doing well at the AHL level.

Reactions: The Note in Ky

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
I'd love to hear your thoughts: I'm thinking about replacing Martin Necas in my deep dynasty fantasy league with one of your two top prospects - Thomas or Kyrou - before they start dominating the WJC's. Which of them do you think has higher upside in terms of producing in a league that counts hits/PIM/blocks? I'm at a loss. Thanks in advance.. (another option is to replace Suzuki too and take them both..)

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I'd love to hear your thoughts: I'm thinking about replacing Martin Necas in my deep dynasty fantasy league with one of your two top prospects - Thomas or Kyrou - before they start dominating the WJC's. Which of them do you think has higher upside in terms of producing in a league that counts hits/PIM/blocks? I'm at a loss. Thanks in advance.. (another option is to replace Suzuki too and take them both..)

Thomas.

And I’d keep Suzuki over Kyrou longterm.

Reactions: turkulad

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Sounds like Robert Thomas is done in London, will be traded to the Hamilton Bulldogs. Hamilton is a much better team, Thomas will be playing with guys like Will Bitten, Matt Strome and Marian Studenic. I think London is a better team for developing players, but this gives him a better chance to win

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Yes. Especially given that the knights have been one of the best teams in the last 20 OHL games. They likely realize they had the forward talent but lacked the defenseman to push in the playoffs. Especially since Mete possibly plays for Canada in the Olympics and would miss additional time for London. Better to sell off the high value forwards for future returns. Lots of big OHL moves post WJC.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Sounds like Robert Thomas is done in London, will be traded to the Hamilton Bulldogs. Hamilton is a much better team, Thomas will be playing with guys like Will Bitten, Matt Strome and Marian Studenic. I think London is a better team for developing players, but this gives him a better chance to win
I was wondering if he would be on the move once I saw they had traded Pu earlier in the week.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
After watching Kyrou for several games, I think he might be the Blues #1 prospect. Really what what I saw. I didnt realize what a great playmaker he is too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad