2017-2018 Blues Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Haven't seen much from Kostin myself, but, not too worried about his production, He's still pacing himself around 35-40 points per 82 games. I can see him putting up similar numbers to Barb's first year in the AHL, especially with him missing most of last season.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
I’m curious at Kostin’s lack of shots on goal. He has only 25 in 24 games, though he did have four yesterday. I haven’t seen him at all—can anybody who has shed light on his apparent difficulty with getting shots on net?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
You do you, Robb. BluesHF just wouldn't be the same without you posting in random threads.
I think we should have a ROBB button available on our board that allows the user to take a post and move it to another thread.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Kostin was in the bottom six for a while. He might have been bumped up yesterday with the late scratch to Thompson.
I didn't catch the game the other night, but I believe that's why he was bumped. Being in the bottom 6 has been good for his overall game, but putting up that pace post-injury, new ice, etc. etc., I'm pretty happy with his performance thus far. Getting out of a shared-team situation (even if he is on the better of the two) will help him out a lot. I'll be watching the game Thursday. I've not been able to watch much because school and shit, but now that things are taking a lull, I expect to be back to near full-time AHL and NHL watching . . . watching both Chicago and San An is going to be a challenge though.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
BTW, anyone have anything on David Noel? Just noticed he's almost leading his team points with 29 in 33 games (with 12 freaking goals) as a defensemen, and he's almost already equaled his point total from last year. Was his game supposed to be "offensive threat but defensive liability" or are we looking at another late round sneaky defensemen get.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
BTW, anyone have anything on David Noel? Just noticed he's almost leading his team points with 29 in 33 games (with 12 freaking goals) as a defensemen, and he's almost already equaled his point total from last year. Was his game supposed to be "offensive threat but defensive liability" or are we looking at another late round sneaky defensemen get.
I didn't pay too much attention to the late pick guys from last year, but i thought he was drafted for his skating ability and defense. Too lazy to go look through the threads :laugh:

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Just looked through as much as I can find, and it does seem the word is offensive defensemen with a booming shot. Which makes sense with the stat line. Worth noting his team isn't very good, and he's the only drafted player on it, but still, 6th in the Q from points as a defensemen. Just someone that we might need to move into "player we keep an eye on" status.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
His production isn't a massive surprise because he has an excellent, accurate one-timer. That's the one thing that stands out. He seems to read the game pretty well.

He isn't a defensive liability, but his strength and initial positioning need a lot of work. We will have drafted him because he has the frame to solve the strength issues.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I'm really enjoying watching fans lose their minds that their teams prospects have been cut from TC's camp(Yes...I'm a bad person).

Zomg!!!!! Glass got cut????? No wayzz brah! He'z a top 10 pick and stuff!!!

Meanwhile I rest easy knowing that Robert "No more muffins, I now eat laser beams for breakfast cause I studied Matthews shot and stuff" Thomas is a lock. So is Jordan " Taking the OHL's lunch money" Kyrou. On top of that even Kaspick still has a shot. Really nice seeing our Amateur Scouts drafting ability stacking up favorably to the rest of the league.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I saw a few people crying over Thomas being a lock from the get go. They don't seem to follow guys like Pronmann

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I haven’t seen Noel play yet this year but the book on him has always been that he’s an offensive d-men with shaky D and positioning.

He seems to have some good tools to work with so maybe he’ll develop into something eventually.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I saw a few people crying over Thomas being a lock from the get go. They don't seem to follow guys like Pronmann

Lol yeah I saw that. Funny because he's one of the most well rounded guys there and one of the closest to being a pro. Hunter trusts him as a defensemen on their PK in London which speaks volumes for a kid his age. FO % was at 63% the other day and his goal production is light years ahead of last year.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Not sure how anyone could complain about Thomas being a lock; he plays a strong overall game and is second in PPG scoring in the OHL. Maybe my perception is tainted by the past, but the OHL is typically the better of the three CHL leagues.

I just hope Kyrou and Thomas live up to the expectations that Hockey Canada have of them, because if they do then they have a great chance of going to the Olympics.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not sure how anyone could complain about Thomas being a lock; he plays a strong overall game and is second in PPG scoring in the OHL. Maybe my perception is tainted by the past, but the OHL is typically the better of the three CHL leagues.

I just hope Kyrou and Thomas live up to the expectations that Hockey Canada have of them, because if they do then they have a great chance of going to the Olympics.
Because he's outperforming guys they like that are older or picked higher. The few tweets Ive seen of roster builds by reputable media guys had him as the 2C behind Steel. As an 18yr old......he's something else

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL

like this?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
like this?

Yeah, those are the expectations that they have to live up to. Both are very highly thought of by Hockey Canada, which is why there is talk about their potential inclusion on the Olympic roster. They need to show it on the ice for Canada at the WJC though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad