2017-2018 Blues Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
Its still very early to tell where the Blues draft. Will they stay with their second pick or possibly trade up or down? Who knows where they will finish in the standings after just a little more than 1/2 the season gone. Agree, that this draft isn't deep and thus will make most second round picks interesting. If the Blues keep their second the choice should be BPA. They could be in a position to trade up a few to get a prospect that falls.
Certainly, the need for RHD or RW is there but with their first pick they have to get the best player and look for needs later. Doubt, Riley Sutter makes it past the second. As pointed out in this draft he wouldn't be a bad pick mid to late in the second.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Its still very early to tell where the Blues draft. Will they stay with their second pick or possibly trade up or down? Who knows where they will finish in the standings after just a little more than 1/2 the season gone. Agree, that this draft isn't deep and thus will make most second round picks interesting. If the Blues keep their second the choice should be BPA. They could be in a position to trade up a few to get a prospect that falls.
Certainly, the need for RHD or RW is there but with their first pick they have to get the best player and look for needs later. Doubt, Riley Sutter makes it past the second. As pointed out in this draft he wouldn't be a bad pick mid to late in the second.
Riley Sutter would be awesome. I really liked his dad Ron when he played here.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Wow, Luke Opilka was released from his contract with Kitchener. That’s probably not great news for him, injury-wise. They probably wouldn’t have done that if they thought he would come back this year. I guess there’s still a chance he could end up in Tulsa I guess.

Our goalie situation is rough right now, cripes

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Wow, Luke Opilka was released from his contract with Kitchener. That’s probably not great news for him, injury-wise. They probably wouldn’t have done that if they thought he would come back this year. I guess there’s still a chance he could end up in Tulsa I guess.

Our goalie situation is rough right now, cripes
Two hip surgeries this year alone. Wasn’t going to happen. Also looks like the Brandon Wheat Kings have traded Tanner Kaspick to the Victoria Royals. He’s put up 37 pts in 35 games this year. Was their captain too.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Thomas, Kyrou and Kostin included in Pronman’s top-50 prospect list, and Sammy Blais was an honorable mention. Walman is flying way below the radar. Thompson wasn’t included because he’s in the NHL now, but he was listed as a player that would have made the list if he wasn’t.

Reactions: Mike Liut

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
We’ve had guys in the top 30 several times before, but this is the first time I can ever recall having someone in the top 10. That’s pretty cool

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
But remember guys according to other posters our prospects aren't that good because they weren't top10 picks in any draft. So we should just use them in a packages for more established players...

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
That’s very cool. It makes what that one Philly fan said even dumber. I mean how could he think that neither Thompson nor Kyrou were top-50 prospects? I’m not trying to say that they’re elite by any means. However I don’t think anyone could name 50 other guys ahead of either.

Also, I’ve always valued Pronman’s opinion very highly. If he really likes the Blues pool that much, then that’s fantastic news.

BleedBlueForever

Jun 24, 2015
Read an article from the Athletic today. Tim Taylor was saying Kyrou is a big game player. He only had 1 assist in the game where they routed Denmark 8-0. Then had 2 points each in the quarters and semis, and an assist in the finals. Pretty good article on both Thomas and Kyrou today.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Read an article from the Athletic today. Tim Taylor was saying Kyrou is a big game player. He only had 1 assist in the game where they routed Denmark 8-0. Then had 2 points each in the quarters and semis, and an assist in the finals. Pretty good article on both Thomas and Kyrou today.

I read the same thing. A RW, a RHS and a guy who plays his best in big games. Yet he is always the first prospect name thrown out when it comes to trades. I firmly believe it is simply because of where he was drafted. If this kid was drafted in the mid first round he would be in the argument for top10 prospects not in the NHL.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
It’s really his play away from the puck that’s kept him as a boom or bust not his draft position unless you also consider those two to be linked

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Kostin with his 2nd goal in as many games tonight. Blais with 2 assists.

Husso lost his shutout with 25 seconds left - now at 1.34 GAA and .956 SP in his last 6 starts

Kyrou with 3 assists in a Sarnia win. Thomas had no points in a Hamilton loss.

Reactions: Mike Liut

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Kostin with his 2nd goal in as many games tonight. Blais with 2 assists.

Husso lost his shutout with 25 seconds left - now at 1.34 GAA and .956 SP in his last 6 starts

Kyrou with 3 assists in a Sarnia win. Thomas had no points in a Hamilton loss.

Thanks mook, appreciate the update.

The “big 4” are going to have their own wing in the Blues HOF

:laugh:

Anyone have a link or vid of the Kostin goal?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Reactions: stl76

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
It's a pretty nice world we live in prospect wise that we could make a very legitimate argument Kostin is our 4th best forward prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad