2017-2018 Blues Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Sad to see Hutton injured, but I'd like to see Husso get a game during this stretch if possible. He was good during the pre-season, but his numbers haven't been good in San Antonio. However, neither has any other San Antonio goalie either. We have back to backs against bad teams this weekend, so we'll probably get to see him in action Sunday vs Buffalo unless Jake has a really easy game tomorrow.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Sad to see Hutton injured, but I'd like to see Husso get a game during this stretch if possible. He was good during the pre-season, but his numbers haven't been good in San Antonio. However, neither has any other San Antonio goalie either. We have back to backs against bad teams this weekend, so we'll probably get to see him in action Sunday vs Buffalo unless Jake has a really easy game tomorrow.
+1

If this keeps Hutton out past the home-and-home with the Jets next weekend, I'd like to see Husso get the home game next Saturday, too. I really don't want an injury to Hutton to cause us to burn Jake out this early in the season, and it will be easier to keep a young goalie in the game if he has the home crowd behind him.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
So, Blais gets called back up the day after being sent down. I hope he's getting those frequent flyer miles.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
So, Blais gets called back up the day after being sent down. I hope he's getting those frequent flyer miles.

He never actually physically left.

I wonder though, could the Blues not put Hutton on IR right away to open up a spot for Husso? The explanation was that Blais had to go down so Husso could fit on the 23-man roster. Was it too late on Thurs to put Hutts on IR? That’s the obvious move and what they eventually did so that Blais could get back on the roster. I guess I’m just thinking there must be some sort of timing rule that prevented the Blues from putting Hutts on IR right away.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

I wonder though, could the Blues not put Hutton on IR right away to open up a spot for Husso? The explanation was that Blais had to go down so Husso could fit on the 23-man roster. Was it too late on Thurs to put Hutts on IR? That’s the obvious move and what they eventually did so that Blais could get back on the roster. I guess I’m just thinking there must be some sort of timing rule that prevented the Blues from putting Hutts on IR right away.
I thought maybe it was to have room for 3 goalies? Er, 4 goalies.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Our kids in Jr. had a solid night. Best they have had collectively in a couple of week.

JK after a few poor outings was the first star of his gets,e with a goal and 2 assists.

Thomas is keeping up his play with 1 goal and 1assist. Third star. Top had an assist, kaspick has a goal and 1 assist.

Noel finished the night without a point and so did Barbashev.

Reactions: Weiss1604

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

When you place a player on IR then he can't play for 7 days, so we likely wanted to evaluate the injury before doing that. Blais was a paper transaction, so it easy to do that as a temporary measure.

Reactions: MissouriMook

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
When you place a player on IR then he can't play for 7 days, so we likely wanted to evaluate the injury before doing that. Blais was a paper transaction, so it easy to do that as a temporary measure.

That makes sense. Probably weren’t sure at first he’d need to be out a full week.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Rampage with a nice win over Edmonton’s farm team Bakersfield including....ty rattie.

Thompson had an absolutely filthy rush up the ice I will try to record tomorrow when the replay is available. He and Kostin played well despite making a huge impact on the scoreboard. Both do really well when they have the puck but neither is really great at obtaining the puck by themselves.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Rampage with a nice win over Edmonton’s farm team Bakersfield including....ty rattie.

Thompson had an absolutely filthy rush up the ice I will try to record tomorrow when the replay is available. He and Kostin played well despite making a huge impact on the scoreboard. Both do really well when they have the puck but neither is really great at obtaining the puck by themselves.
That’s been my biggest gripe when viewing Thompson. He just can’t seem to acquire the puck with much frequency.

Last edited:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Is anyone else supprised Husso got the call over JB? Based on stats, JB is having the better season.

I am not saying long term, but I would think you would want the guy who is having the better season.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Is anyone else supprised Husso got the call over JB? Based on stats, JB is having the better season.

I am not saying long term, but I would think you would want the guy who is having the better season.
Yeah, I am. Husso is just back from injury and hasn't played too much this year, it would make sense for him to be playing this weekend and having Binnington warming the bench.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Does it matter? Husso is just sitting on bench and not play. If that is goal then better play at AHL then sit on NHL

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I would have thought it would be good for Husso to get the starts. If someone would sit, JB would be a better fit. Plus rewarding youngsters for playing well is important.

But I wonder if because he is on loan if mgt. fears he may lose his role or spot.

Bluesfan54

Jul 28, 2014
Kansas City

Oilers farm system is so bad that Rattie leads them in points with 17 in 21 games. He also has the biggest number in +/- at -10. Edmonton just doesn't have anybody to call up when injuries hit.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
As expected, Kostin added to the Russian WJC preliminary roster and the Blues have agreed to release him. Apparently there are 10 Russians players in NA that are on the preliminary roster so some hope for Toropchenko. Looking forward to watching Kostin, Kyrou, and Thomas at the tournament.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Has anyone been watching Kostin down in SA? How's he look? Not really padding his stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->