2017-2018 Blues Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
Can someone tell me a liitle bit about Barbashev? Acquired him in a dynasty league and I really like his two-way potential.

How did he perform in the 30 games? And playoffs?

Has he been passed over (why hes back on the farm)? And 6-0-0-0 down there??

Aprreciate it, thanks!

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Can someone tell me a liitle bit about Barbashev? Acquired him in a dynasty league and I really like his two-way potential.

How did he perform in the 30 games? And playoffs?

Has he been passed over (why hes back on the farm)? And 6-0-0-0 down there??

Aprreciate it, thanks!
Took a step back. Took his spot on the roster for granted and shit the bed in training camp/preseason. He's 2C potential but he's gotta work at it. He was lost in the playoffs for the most part but showed what he can do when he was called up last season.

Reactions: brhymes19

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Wasn't Jay Bouwmeester classified as an offensive defensemen earlier in his career? He's got 4 30+ point seasons all in succession. Crazy how ineffective he is now.

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
Took a step back. Took his spot on the roster for granted and **** the bed in training camp/preseason. He's 2C potential but he's gotta work at it. He was lost in the playoffs for the most part but showed what he can do when he was called up last season.
What about a pro player comparison? And has he played more C or W in the ahl?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Wasn't Jay Bouwmeester classified as an offensive defensemen earlier in his career? He's got 4 30+ point seasons all in succession. Crazy how ineffective he is now.
He had a great interview I think it was last season where he talked about his transition from an offensive minded Dman to more of a shutdown role. I remember it because he was so candid and didn't offer up any of the usual cliches hockey players are so known for. He basically said early in his career he loved joining the rush and scoring points, but as he's matured as a player he's looked to be leaned on more in key defensive situations and he really likes that. He also mentioned how we have(had) Petro, Parayko, Shatty to bring the offense from the backend and there really isn't a need for him to push the play. I'll look for it when I get home. Thought it was a super interesting interview.

Reactions: 2 Minute Minor

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
RIHF :: The junior Russian national team's preliminary roster for the 2018 World Championship

Russia WJC preliminary roster, no Kostin, no Torpchenko. Wonder if we didn't release Kostin for it.
World juniors typically have some politics involved. Both guys came to North America at 18 with seemingly no intention of playing professional hockey in Russia. Certainly could’ve rubbed some people the wrong way. Team Canada has done that in the past for Canadian kids who opt to play NCAA rather than CHL. Still am a bit surprised Kostin isn’t on the team unless, as you said, we decided not to release him, though I have no idea why we wouldn’t.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Thomas

16-17: 0.24 goals/game
17-18: 0.71 goals/game

16-17: 0.76 points/game
17-18: 1.67 points/game

Ikr? Great stuff from Thomas. If acquiring a top 6 center via trade doesn't work out I'm not going to sweat it. This guys play away from the puck is very impressive for his age and London churns out pros like a boss. If we end up re-signing Stastny to continue doing the heavy dzone lifting and have Schenn and Thomas as the other top 9 centers I'll feel really good about our center group for the 1st time in... well forever really.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I really like Thomas. When you watch him it’s easy to see why he has potential. I can’t seem to figure out why it doesn’t translate to points more often. It seems like his play surpasses his out put.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
But yet he has 1.67 PPG going right now. He, Pu and Bouchard are the driving forces for that team. If they are on they win. Knights have very little secondary scoring. He also plays like every minute of the PK. Lot of the time on defense.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Yep. And as oberyn said that will be announced when the rest of the NA Russians are announced. I’m very excited to see how he plays. Toropchenko I think has a good chance but I’m not sure he makes it.

Filip Helt is playing for Czechs. Not sure if NKC will play for Denmark.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Yep. And as oberyn said that will be announced when the rest of the NA Russians are announced. I’m very excited to see how he plays. Toropchenko I think has a good chance but I’m not sure he makes it.

Filip Helt is playing for Czechs. Not sure if NKC will play for Denmark.

Toro has reeeeaaaaallly slowed down after his impressive start. I don’t think he’s scored a goal since the second week of the season. He’s still racking up points, and I think Guelph still isn’t the best team in general, but he’s nowhere near what I thought he would be doing at this point in the season. Jaskin -for comparison- was well on his way to 100 points by now in his D+1 year.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Toro has reeeeaaaaallly slowed down after his impressive start. I don’t think he’s scored a goal since the second week of the season. He’s still racking up points, and I think Guelph still isn’t the best team in general, but he’s nowhere near what I thought he would be doing at this point in the season. Jaskin -for comparison- was well on his way to 100 points by now in his D+1 year.
Racking up points is a generous statement for Toropchenko. He has 17 points in 27 games, with 8 of those points coming in the first 4 games. So he has 9 points in the last 23 games since his mini hot streak, and as you noted, all his goals came in the month of September. Very disappointed in Toropchenko's season thus far.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That was Jaskin's D+2 year. In his D+1 year he put up 2 points in 30 games in the Czech league(8 points fewer than even his draft year) before coming to Montcon for his D+2 year where he put up close to 100 points. Following his D+1 year there were many posts essentially writing off Jaskin as a bust. Jaskin was also a 2nd round pick as compared to a 4th. I really didn't expect Toropchenko to be PPG in his first year in North America on a shit team. That doesn't feel like a very fair expectation at all for a 4th round pick. He's almost certainly never going to be an NHLer(as with most 4th rounders), but he does have an intriguing combination of size and speed so there's still hope regardless his production in Guelph this year.

Reactions: The Note in Ky

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Canada's WJC roster to be announced tomorrow at 11 EST. It was supposed to be announced yesterday but was pushed back to tomorrow. Kyrou and Thomas will be on the list but I am curious about Kaspick. On the Canada WJC Roster thread, one poster noted that Hockey Canada really likes Kaspick. I'm not very high on Kaspick but it would be neat to see him make the team.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Canada's WJC roster to be announced tomorrow at 11 EST. It was supposed to be announced yesterday but was pushed back to tomorrow. Kyrou and Thomas will be on the list but I am curious about Kaspick. On the Canada WJC Roster thread, one poster noted that Hockey Canada really likes Kaspick. I'm not very high on Kaspick but it would be neat to see him make the team.

Pretty sure they’re just announcing their camp roster, not the final roster. Final roster will be whittled down and is usually determined just a couple days before the tourney starts.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Pretty sure they’re just announcing their camp roster, not the final roster. Final roster will be whittled down and is usually determined just a couple days before the tourney starts.
Yeah I was talking about the camp roster, probably wasn't that clear in my original post. I was curious about whether Kaspick would be invited to the camp as it would mean that he has a pretty decent shot at making the team. His overall skillset is different than most players that will get invited as he's more of an energy player rather than a scorer. I see Canada running 3 scoring lines and 1 energy line, and Kaspick could be a decent fit on the energy line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad