2017-2018 Blues Discussion Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Granted it's Strickland, but he's saying it looks like Jaskin "claimed RW spot with Schenn and Schwartz." Yuck, yuck, yuck.

I kind of like this, only because I think this is Jaskin's last true chance to show that he could ever be a top 6 player, so put him on a top 6 line and let's put this issue to rest. Either he thrives (low chance, but possible), or he flops and is relegated to 4th line duties. We'll see.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

That has to be the worst bottom six in the league. Also why are Barbashev and Megan extras.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Some really odd decisions on this. Of course being on the 23 man roster allows Barbashev and Megan the ability to be thrown in at any time but....this makes no sense.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Am i the only one that wants to see:

Schenn-Tara
Schwartz-Stastny

Schwartz openly admits to like playing with Stast, AND give Schenn a shot at centering Tara, maybe they develop chemistry and at worst Schenn will always have Tara's back in any sort of skirmish.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Blais down and Barbashev a healthy scratch in the opener......what the actual f***. Thorburn and upshall playing over.....anybody. <sigh> I'm one of the biggest JAskin fans on the board, but putting him in the top 6 is mind-boggling to me. Its going to be a long season.

I love how they say they are going to reward strong play to put that message across that there will be no favortism. Yet Megan who was tied for most points in the pre-season with probably the least amount of ice-time (8:00 AtOI in 4 games) gets benched in favor of Upshall who didn't play for us and Thorburn who was god awful.

Edit: Ok, now that I have a second to calm down, lol. Are those the actual lines for Wednesday? Or just Korac's guess based on the roster.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Pretty shocked Dunn made it, he looked quite bad in the two games I went to
I thought Dunn got better as training camp progressed while Walman was just consistently bad. I would definitely place Dunn over Walman right now.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Only thing I can tell from this team is that the staff has to put more weight in practice then the actual games, I cannot fathom how they were watching the same games as I did and picked this roster

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Only thing I can tell from this team is that the staff has to put more weight in practice then the actual games, I cannot fathom how they were watching the same games as I did and picked this roster

To be fair, we only saw half the games as well. So maybe Thompson did show more in those games that didn't air and the radio guys didn't hype him like they did Blais. I can maybe get behind that. But we all know what Thorburn, Jaskin, etc bring over a ton of actual NHL games. And Barbashev over 30+. And he deserves to be in there over those guys. That is the one that really stumps me.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
We need a LHD with Bo out and Dunn outplayed Walman. That simple, really. He definitely made some glaring mistakes and was far from perfect, but like others have said, it seemed like he progressed and improved a lot as camp went on.

Edit: Ok, now that I have a second to calm down, lol. Are those the actual lines for Wednesday? Or just Korac's guess based on the roster.
This is an excellent question, and I have not seen any outside corroboration of the lines posted by Kourac. Until there is confirmation, I'm going to reserve judgement a bit.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He's a better option then guys on their offside and he's worlds better then Butler. Walman was hot garbage in a light NHL setting.

Ive only seen Dunn in what was streamed. He had that first rough game and then didn't look any worse then other dman. He made a case to be in the top 6. He offers something no else does on the left side...worth the growing pains.

Where going to have alot to bitch about this year...and without our 1st, its sink to the bottom or swim

Last edited by a moderator:

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I'm guessing this lineup is just an initial lineup for the games. Let's face it, the multitude of injuries didn't allow I don't think more than one game with any one group together long enough to really make a tried and true decision. It's possible we see several switches over the course of the first couple of weeks of hockey. That being said, I don't like Barbs not being in the lineup to start.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
He's a better option then guys on their offside and he's worlds better then Butler. Walman was hot garbage in a light NHL setting. Yea...thats right Walman lovers...I said it :)...hot ****ing garbage.

Ive only seen Dunn in what was streamed. He had that first rough game and then didn't look any worse then other dman. He made a case to be in the top 6. He offers something no else does on the left side...worth the growing pains.

Where going to have alot to bitch about this year...and without our 1st, its sink to the bottom or swim

I still think that we're fairly near a lock to make the playoffs unless one of Tarasenko/Pietro/Parayko sustains a long term injury. Even with all these injuries, I don't think this team is going to play nearly as poorly as it did under Hitch last year. I'd still be very surprised to see this team finish under 95 points if Petro, Parayko and Tarasenko each play 70+ games.

Reactions: TruBlu

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Wow this might be the weirdest training camp I have ever witnessed. This roster doesn't make sense. How did Sam Blais not make the team? And why is Barbashev an extra?

It kind of feels like the Blues have their favorite prospects. They definitely had a [mod] for Walman considering how badly they were trying to get him to play well and luckily they couldn't justify keeping him here. But they also desperately seem to want Thompson and Sundqvist in the lineup - maybe it's because of their size. But with how bad our top 9 is currently, there's no logical reason as to why Barbashev shouldn't be in there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OSA

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I still think that we're fairly near a lock to make the playoffs unless one of Tarasenko/Pietro/Parayko sustains a long term injury. Even with all these injuries, I don't think this team is going to play nearly as poorly as it did under Hitch last year. I'd still be very surprised to see this team finish under 95 points if Petro, Parayko and Tarasenko each play 70+ games.
Yea, im not going to buy my Dahlin ticket till we see what Allen does. Dallas and Winny are going to be more threatening

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Yeah, we are focused on the negative right now, but it won't be long and we will be getting Steen back. That alone will make the lines look a ton better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad