Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Given the forwards to select from, I'd have run:
Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko
Sobotka-Barbashev-Schenn
Paajarvi-Megan-Thompson
Jaskin-Brodziak-Sundqvist

Essentially we're relying on the top line to score every goal and hope the other lines don't give up any.

The fact Thorburn and Upshall are playing is a joke. I don't think Jaskin and Schenn will have any chemistry and Sobotka isn't a superstar who can carry a line, not to mention Schenn isn't a center. Thompson is playing with two guys who don't really create offense and he needs a strong linemate to be successful.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Sounds like Barbashev needs to get it together.

Thanks. I don't like it and I don't agree with it, but I appreciate the link none the less. I would love to chat with Yeo about what expected from Barbashev. He looked really good offensively, and everyone of his points I thought he made a nice play. Plus he created other chances as well. I saw a few defensive miscues, one major one. But everyone had them. He was much better at creating offense than Sunquist, and I don't think they were that far apart defensively. I guess that wanted defense with that spot, and Barby's must have been poor in the games that weren't televised (he had a bad +/-, which doesn't mean much, but when you can't see the game or advanced stats, it's some data on his performance.

Still, Barbashev had to have beat out Thompson or one of the many wingers at the very least. Paajarvi had 0 points in 6 games. Sobotka had 2 and is on the first line. Put Barbashev with Tarasenko and Stastny, drop Sobotka to the 3rd defensive line and bench Paajarvi. Don't bench one of the few guys we have who could actually create offense.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

5hwx6M8.gif

Reactions: BlueOil

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
I'm getting more and more relaxed about the lines that we're running today.

Sobotka has shown a better game than he did in the past and the same with Jaskin. I think Schwartz goes back to the top line after Steen is back and they scratch Thorburn after they don't have to play against Reaves.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Even if Barbashev struggled some, he's more effective offensively than Sobotka is. His one pass to Thomas in the game against the Capitals was better than any set-up I've ever seen from Sobotka.

I understand motivating players and giving them opportunities based on merit, but if they're really doing that, explain Blais.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
If I were Blais I would request a trade. How can someone have that kind of camp and preseason not make an NHL team?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If I were Blais I would request a trade. How can someone have that kind of camp and preseason not make an NHL team?
That would be a whiny lil **** move......he'll get his NHL debut soon enough.

Given he has zero leverage...he would rot in the AHL

The only reasoning I see for Barbashev is coaching may have felt he thought he was a lock and slacked off....hopefully its just a wake up call that he's not a lock. That's my spitball guess

Reactions: Blueston

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
This organization is just.....

How can you go from so high on a team to so low in the course of just a few weeks.

Let’s recap briefly:

Draft day we make some major moves that seriously excites this fan base. We get two great first round picks for a fourth line energy guy and some picks plus we dump the biggest turd to see the ice in ages.

Parayko signs to a very fair long term contract.

Traverse city is excellent for our high level prospects. There’s some who think the prospects may make opening roster based on these performances.

First day of camp Blandford goes down.

Scrimmage and the kids are impressing still.
Blais thomas Thompson Barby all look great.

Steen and Jbo go down. Fabbri sits a game inexplicably.

Blais and Megan emerge as the best bubble players in camp. Sure we can absorb these with our youth and these guys surprising.

Here marks the downward spiral.

Fabbri down for the season. Fml.

Upshall signed. Smh.

Blais inexplicably sent to SA.

Upshall and Thorburn on opening roster, sobotka on the first line (where he spent 0 games in preseason) and Jaškin skating on second line with schenn and Schwartz while Megan and Barbashev ride the pine.

What in the actual **** is Army/Yeo thinking.

I just can’t even comprehend the management decisions of the last week. Absolutely ruined this season for me before it started. I sure hope don’t ride these lineups for an extended period while we get pummeled in our own zone night after night.

Don’t even get me started on how our starting goalie is leaking lik a sieve.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
That would be a whiny lil **** move......he'll get his NHL debut soon enough.

Given he has zero leverage...he would rot in the AHL

The only reasoning I see for Barbashev is coaching may have felt he thought he was a lock and slacked off....hopefully its just a wake up call that he's not a lock. That's my spitball guess

As opposed to...rotting in the AHL? You think he'll get his NHL debut? I would say that's entirely reliant on Thompson not being good enough for the NHL considering he's the only non-lock that is waiver exempt unless I'm mistaken. You can take it as a "lil bitch move" but I can tell you I would be pretty ticked off if I had the camp he had and didn't make the cut and instead got replaced by some plug they just decided to sign yesterday.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I imagine the Blues are planning to win games 2-1 for awhile and that's why they went with the more defensively responsible players in the lineup.

KilmKostin

Sep 28, 2017
I guess it's do or die for Jaskin. He's underpeformed the last two seasons, after scoring 13 in 54 three years ago.

I've got a feeling it will take less than three games to see a shake up of that 2nd line. Just don't think Jaskin is cut out for a scoring role.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Twitter is hearing Brouwer is being traded. Blues?

Who on twitter? If that happens, I might very well be done with this team for the year. We trade a first in a great draft year to get rid of the Lehtera contract, only to take one on that's just as bad. He has 3 friggin years left at $4.5M and is horrible. He didn't even hit 30 points last year.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
his shooting needs some work, he was a puck hound and impressive offensively, but he wasn't much of a threat unless he passed the puck to set someone else up

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
Who on twitter? If that happens, I might very well be done with this team for the year. We trade a first in a great draft year to get rid of the Lehtera contract, only to take one on that's just as bad. He has 3 friggin years left at $4.5M and is horrible. He didn't even hit 30 points last year.

The thread on the trade board is based on this tweet:

I don't know who he is or what credibility he has. I haven't seen anything that directly connects the Blues to this other than the (hopeful) replies to the tweet, but I can see the connection. I hope this amounts to nothing but I know I'll be refreshing Twitter until something either happens or this is debunked for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad