2017-2018 Blues Discussion Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KilmKostin

Sep 28, 2017
Once we get Berglund and Steen back, there'd be a log jam in our top 9. Probably one of the main reasons he didn't sign, Calgary has more opportunity for him to play in the top six.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Now I am sad I was really hoping to purchase a Jagr jersey with a note on it. I guess we hold out hope the kids can breakout and do not get me wrong I would love to see it. I just do not know what this team is going to be this year, I still think we can be better than last year but its going to take some luck IMO

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Looks like Jagr was offered the same from the Blues as the Flames (1Mil+1Mil Bonuses) but Jagr declined for the Flames.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Imagine if we signed Jagr and didn't trade Lehtera. Could've iced a line of Jaskin-Lehtera-Jagr. You'd think the game was being played in slow motion watching those three skate together.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I'm honestly shocked that Blais got sent down after the preseason he just had. Also, Kostin is apparently injured again.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Genuinely surprised to see Thompson stay and Blais go. Not really sure how to take that. They've been pumping Blais' tires all camp and playing him consistently in the top six. Wonder what will happen with Kostin when he gets healthy. Obviously him being hurt isn't good, but at least it doesn't appear to be his shoulder. The Blues site lists it as lower body.

Edit: Looks like Kostin is listed as a non-roster injured player. I assume that means he'll rehab with the team and then go down to the AHL when healthy?

Looks like Dunn made it as well. Walman to the AHL. Based on my limited viewings of both this preseason I think that's the right call.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Well I don’t see it. I’m hoping he was just sent down in paper and once Bergie’s LTIR kicks in they will have the room to bring him up.
I believe the 23 man roster is already accounting for the injured players.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Weird move sending Blais down, but they could potentially play Tage for some games, send him down and bring Blais up

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Blais not making it is gonna bother me all day, he outplayed multiple players who made the roster (including Sunqvist, Thompson, and PRV, maybe even Kostin). There is absolutely no reason he got sent down.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Blais not making it is gonna bother me all day, he outplayed multiple players who made the roster (including Sunqvist, Thompson, and PRV, maybe even Kostin). There is absolutely no reason he got sent down.
Don't think Kostin counts as part of the 23 man roster. He'll likely be assigned to the AHL when he's cleared to go.

I'm guessing they didn't want to waive Sundqvist or Paajarvi. I'm also surprised that Thompson made it over Blais so we'll see how that plays out.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Count me in as someone who is perplexed by Blais being sent down - he's a top 6 player. TT did not deserve a spot over him, but, I'm not going to dwell on it. Blais will get some NHL time this season, likely when TT is eventually sent down.

They did, however, make the right call in Dunn v. Walman. Walman just isn't ready yet.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Don't think Kostin counts as part of the 23 man roster. He'll likely be assigned to the AHL when he's cleared to go.

I'm guessing they didn't want to waive Sundqvist or Paajarvi. I'm also surprised that Thompson made it over Blais so we'll see how that plays out.

I wouldn't want to waive Paajarvi either. Frankly, he should be playing every day over the likes of Thorburn and Upshall for sure. Stick him on the fourth and let him create havoc on the forecheck with his speed.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I wouldn't want to waive Paajarvi either. Frankly, he should be playing every day over the likes of Thorburn and Upshall for sure. Stick him on the fourth and let him create havoc on the forecheck with his speed.
Oh for sure, if we had to waive someone my first choice would be Thorburn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad