2017-2018 Blues Discussion Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
his shooting needs some work, he was a puck hound and impressive offensively, but he wasn't much of a threat unless he passed the puck to set someone else up

Yet he scored multiple times and was also able to make those set-ups work. There are a lot of players who succeed offensively without having much of a shot. Hell, Sobotka has one of the worst wrist-shots in the league and he's on a Blues' scoring line. Jaskin's shot is also not very good. Given everything we've seen, that's not remotely a compelling reason to demote Blais.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Barbashev dont play in first game?

Nobody actually knows, lineups haven't been and almost never are posted for a game two days away, he's just practicing as an extra forward today and Yeo said he hasn't been as good as he was last season.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I can't even imagine what the final score of our games would be with Upshall and Brouwer both on the team, especially considering the leagues insistence on cracking down on the slashing. Those two will single handedly be responsible for at least two opposing goals per game.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Yet he scored multiple times and was also able to make those set-ups work. There are a lot of players who succeed offensively without having much of a shot. Hell, Sobotka has one of the worst wrist-shots in the league and he's on a Blues' scoring line. Jaskin's shot is also not very good. Given everything we've seen, that's not remotely a compelling reason to demote Blais.
2g, 2a in 7 games. his shot was less than impressive to me, stuff like that can matter when you're still trying to make the team. it wouldn't have been inappropriate to keep him on the starting roster, but he's not being misplaced in the ahl to start the season, he's on the line and needs to make his case. for coming mostly out of nowhere, he's in great shape here.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
There’s literally no room for Brouwer. I think we can relax on that front.
I thought so with Upshall....

Without being attached to Fabbri's hip or Stastny's..Brouwer will be brutal. I did like his forchecking ability....again....he was the product of 2 supurb playmakers

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Some people on the main board have said that the Blues are the ones trading for Brouwer. If that's the case then i'm going to go jump off a building.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
As opposed to...rotting in the AHL? You think he'll get his NHL debut? I would say that's entirely reliant on Thompson not being good enough for the NHL considering he's the only non-lock that is waiver exempt unless I'm mistaken. You can take it as a "lil bitch move" but I can tell you I would be pretty ticked off if I had the camp he had and didn't make the cut and instead got replaced by some plug they just decided to sign yesterday.
Its all about minutes played IMO. I doubt Yeo sent him down with a "you suck scrub". Im not saying I agree with him being sent down but from what it sounds like. He has some dzone issues to work on and given his sky rocketing trajectory....he'll learn and adapt quick.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I guess people are forgetting we are already missing two top 6 players, a middle 6 guy, and a potential bottom 6 guy? When everyone is healthy, how does Blais make an NHL squad if he can't beat out guys like Sundqvist, Thorburn, Jaskin, Upshall, and Pajaarvi with as many injuries as we have? I'm curious as to how some people think he's still gonna get a chance with the Blues this year not barring anymore injuries.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I like how we'd have to move salary in order to acquire Brouwer - but who would that even be? We have so many extremely low-cost players and then our high end players. It makes no sense

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I guess people are forgetting we are already missing two top 6 players, a middle 6 guy, and a potential bottom 6 guy? When everyone is healthy, how does Blais make an NHL squad if he can't beat out guys like Sundqvist, Thorburn, Jaskin, Upshall, and Pajaarvi with as many injuries as we have? I'm curious as to how some people think he's still gonna get a chance with the Blues this year not barring anymore injuries.
I've heard that teams can trade players to other teams

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
And who is taking on 1+ of the scrubs in order for him to get a roster spot?
No idea, I'm not a fortune teller. But GMs value players a lot differently than fans do. So players you consider scrubs could be seen as valuable from a GM's perspective.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Waive guys....if they suck, they suck. Blais isnt waiver eligible. Guys like Paajarvi, Jaskin and Sundqvist are. As of right now, if I had to guess. They dont want to lose any guys that might still be salvageable.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I never would have thought Army could get any dumber after re-signing Upshall...but if he re-acquires Brouwer:

79f17cc94e36820bce86192ba127df1d7f54c723ab60a33ca8884288c867c77a.jpg

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I thought so with Upshall....

Without being attached to Fabbri's hip or Stastny's..Brouwer will be brutal. I did like his forchecking ability....again....he was the product of 2 supurb playmakers

There was 3 mil in cap space when we signed Upshall.

There’s now 2.2 and even half of Brouwer’s deal is still 2.375. Salary would have to go the other way.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Id rather give Jaskin the 2rw spot for 40 straight games and see what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad