Injury Report: 2017-18 thread: first of many

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Fowler doesn't play the same way against physical teams. Hopefully he is okay that contract is LONG. Concussions, knee injuries and shoulder. Yay.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Man we could really use some of that defensive depth we built up about now...

Guessing Fowler is back mid first round. Gibson I’m not as worried about.

I’ll give RC credit, he’s much better at giving timeframes for injuries than BB was where everyone was day to day no matter what.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
So **** the Avalanche. I'm glad they lost last night

I don't like the Avs or want them to make the playoffs either, but there wasn't anything wrong with that hit.

We were missing Fowler last year in Round 1 and made it through - BUT I do agree since we will be playing against a much better team this year than Calgary.

We were fortunate that Calgary had the worst playoff goaltending I've ever seen because we didn't play well at all that series.

Man we could really use some of that defensive depth we built up about now...

Guessing Fowler is back mid first round. Gibson I’m not as worried about.

I’ll give RC credit, he’s much better at giving timeframes for injuries than BB was where everyone was day to day no matter what.

Mid first round is only 2 weeks away so that's a very aggressive time frame IMO. My guess is he's not back until at least the 2nd round. I think that'd be 3-4 weeks into that time frame.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I really do believe we wear not only other teams but ourselves down which leads to some injuries. I think it`s logical.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't like the Avs or want them to make the playoffs either, but there wasn't anything wrong with that hit.

We were fortunate that Calgary had the worst playoff goaltending I've ever seen because we didn't play well at all that series.

Mid first round is only 2 weeks away so that's a very aggressive time frame IMO. My guess is he's not back until at least the 2nd round. I think that'd be 3-4 weeks into that time frame.

I’m assuming they rush him back and put him on heavy doses of painkillers and cortisone injections. He wouldn’t be the first guy who plays through a shoulder injury in the playoffs for us (Lindholm, Vatanen, Visnovsky, Lydman). It’s more about his pain threshold than anything.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Separated shoulders are all about the ability to play through pain, assuming there's no instability. It probably won't be the issue with him it was for Perron, but teams will target the hell out of him.
Makes sense. I separated a shoulder and it bothered me for a good year.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I’m assuming they rush him back and put him on heavy doses of painkillers and cortisone injections. He wouldn’t be the first guy who plays through a shoulder injury in the playoffs for us (Lindholm, Vatanen, Visnovsky, Lydman). It’s more about his pain threshold than anything.

true. It very well could happen. I imagine a lot will depend on how we're doing in the 1st round as well.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not only will we be playing a far better team, with an actual #1 goalie, we also won't have home ice. No Theo either to replace Fowler's offense.
Meh our defensie depth isn't as bad as people make it out to be Welinski is prob good enough to be on a number of nhl teams... and Larsson/mahura will be solid nhl dmen in the not too decent future.

I do hope Larsson gets the call up and a few games before the playoffs over welinksi tho.

Reactions: Trojans86

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
not having fowler is a huge blow. especially considering they'll most likely be playing vegas or SJ in the 1st round

and gibson is just made out of glass. good job kesler

Oct 18, 2011
not having fowler is a huge blow. especially considering they'll most likely be playing vegas or SJ in the 1st round

and gibson is just made out of glass. good job kesler
Gibson has taken alot of contact this year...for a supposedly tough team we've let our MVP get taken advantage of alot

Reactions: Getzmonster

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
All of Gibson's injuries this season have come from getting ran into. Pretty much everyone but I think one and I believe that was a rraggravation of the injury from when wheeler took him out

Last edited:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Gibson has taken alot of contact this year...for a supposedly tough team we've let our MVP get taken advantage of alot

it doesn't help that he seems to immediately fall backwards any time he's touched. Once he knows he has control of the puck he should lean forward more to prevent that. sometimes you can't prevent being shoved backwards, but there's been a ton of games I've watched where leaning forward probably prevents him from falling backwards with his legs still under him.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Why do I feel like Gibson has been injured more this season than all the other goalies in the NHL combined? Great goalie, but ridiculously fragile.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Why do I feel like Gibson has been injured more this season than all the other goalies in the NHL combined? Great goalie, but ridiculously fragile.
Probably because all the other goalies didn't have Bieksa in front of them for most the season.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Has an estimate for Gibson's return been released?

all we've heard is he's day to day and that he was receiving more "treatment" today. I imagine a lot depends on how tonight goes. If he we clinch, let Miller get at least the last 2/3.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
They seem to handle Gibson very cautiously. He comes out of games a lot but doesnt miss a ton of games.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Yet he’s started 60 games this season. I think the team is just being extra careful given his history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad