Injury Report: 2017-18 thread: first of many

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
John Gibson and Cam Fowler questionable with injuries as Ducks enter final week – Orange County Register

"A Ducks spokesman said Monday that it was not believed that Gibson required concussion protocol."

And regarding Fowler,

"“Right now, it’s just an upper body,” Carlyle said. “All these assessments take place over the course of the next 24 hours."

So basically we don't know anything like we already didn't know. Maybe you guys who complain about ES not posting info on twitter all the time should wait until he does his actual job and writes an article with the information he does have.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Eric Stephens the bieksa of beat writing and coverage

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Stephens will get more today when, you know, the other people are willing or know enough to answer.

I'm not a Stephens guy but this is par for the course for this organization, it's not his fault.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Oh you beat me by a second Static!

This isn't great news. If Kes actually injured Gibson and keeps him out of the playoffs, I'm gonna be pissed. But also, of course Fowler gets injured against the Avs, can't go a game without them hurting someone.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
So Fowler is out for the season, either by missing the playoffs or losing in round 1.

Was already 50/50 if we'd win a series if we made it, zero chance we're winning a series without Fowler (especially as Bieksa is probably due back any day now and he'll step into the Fowler role).

Reactions: dracom and Dryish

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
2-6 weeks is so broad, haha. Fowler has always shown to be a pretty fast healer, hopefully he comes back close to the two week mark.

The playoffs start April 11th. If we start that day and play every other day then game four will be April 19th, 16 days from now. So, best case scenario is he joins the team in the middle of round one, most likely he is out until round two.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
It'll depend on the clinching scenarios. Miller will play for as long as we need to battle it out with Gibson gone.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Gotcha thanks. Fantasy playoff finals are getting tight and I've been keeping an eye on your goalie situation. Hope Gibson makes it back soon.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Seriously F the Avs.

Also when the Ducks are bounced in round 1, it’s another excuse to keep that dinosaur of a coach.

This is the perfect scenario for Barstool to keep his drinking buddy on another season.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
2-6 weeks is so broad, haha. Fowler has always shown to be a pretty fast healer, hopefully he comes back close to the two week mark.

The playoffs start April 11th. If we start that day and play every other day then game four will be April 19th, 16 days from now. So, best case scenario is he joins the team in the middle of round one, most likely he is out until round two.
Separated shoulders are all about the ability to play through pain, assuming there's no instability. It probably won't be the issue with him it was for Perron, but teams will target the hell out of him.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Let’s just hope it’s not a situation where he’s getting injections to play through the pain and then needs major surgery afterwards, like Sami and Lindholm.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
So Fowler is out for the season, either by missing the playoffs or losing in round 1.

Was already 50/50 if we'd win a series if we made it, zero chance we're winning a series without Fowler (especially as Bieksa is probably due back any day now and he'll step into the Fowler role).

We were missing Fowler last year in Round 1 and made it through - BUT I do agree since we will be playing against a much better team this year than Calgary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad