Prospect Info: 2017-18 Stockton Heat & Prospect Stats/Discussion (CHL, NCAA, Europe, AHL, ECHL)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think we'll have more than a few bodies fighting for those spots which is nice. Klimchuk, Mangiapane, Hathaway, Dube, Foo, etc.

I'm excited for Dube, to see if he can translate. I'd like to see him in the AHL as our top C or LW.
I like Mangi's chance at being a regular next season. He's getting a taste of the NHL this season, now he knows what he has to do.

I don't think Klimmer, Poirier, Hathaway amount to much within our organization, but who knows.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I'm excited for Dube, to see if he can translate. I'd like to see him in the AHL as our top C or LW.
I like Mangi's chance at being a regular next season. He's getting a taste of the NHL this season, now he knows what he has to do.

I don't think Klimmer, Poirier, Hathaway amount to much within our organization, but who knows.

Dube plays RW when he's not at C, not LW. It's too bad he's not a right shot but I think there's a good chance he's our 3RW next year if he has a good camp.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Dube almost made the team this year, so decent chance he challenges again next year. I'm not unhappy with him getting AHL time either.

I think Klimchuk could still carve out a spot as our 4th line LW and play PK. Hathaway has to get his shit straight this season again for sure.

Dube plays RW when he's not at C, not LW. It's too bad he's not a right shot but I think there's a good chance he's our 3RW next year if he has a good camp.

He does? Could have sworn he was a C/LW.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Dube almost made the team this year, so decent chance he challenges again next year. I'm not unhappy with him getting AHL time either.

I think Klimchuk could still carve out a spot as our 4th line LW and play PK. Hathaway has to get his **** straight this season again for sure.

He does? Could have sworn he was a C/LW.

I think he played some LW in his Draft -1 year but has been mostly on the right side since. Probably because he knows we're thin on that wing and intends to make the club.

It's been a while since we've had a second-rounder (that's not a D-man, who of course take longer) who was a legit prospect from the get-go, people forget that they are often almost as NHL-ready as first rounders. If we don't make a big acquisition at RW I think he takes the spot.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Where did you see that Valimaki got injured again? He just returned to the lineup Wednesday. I haven't seen anything about him getting injured again

On eliteprospects it originally said he was injured and will return on 30th, and on that day his injury status was taken off, but I checked again it's back with "day to day"

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
On eliteprospects it originally said he was injured and will return on 30th, and on that day his injury status was taken off, but I checked again it's back with "day to day"
He has an assist and is plus two in tonight's game good thing too because I bought tickets to the Hitmen Vs Americans game a couple weeks ago.

I think considering he had an injury that later kept him out of the lineup for a month that he performed pretty well in the WJC.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
And he's right handed shot
Zl5uAba.gif

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The thing I remember about Gaudin is that he destroyed a few kids in Rookie camp or Penticton. He’s got some grit to his game. Nice to see him put up points.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I think Klimchuk could still carve out a spot as our 4th line LW and play PK. Hathaway has to get his **** straight this season again for sure.

It's interesting that the FLames dont even give Klimchuk a shot before cutting him lose....

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
It's interesting that the FLames dont even give Klimchuk a shot before cutting him lose....

When you've been marinating the guy for years in the AHL and he never seems to leap forward and show that he's too good for the league, why the f*** would you bother giving him a look at the NHL level? Even Hathaway was a PPG player down there before he was called up.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
When you've been marinating the guy for years in the AHL and he never seems to leap forward and show that he's too good for the league, why the **** would you bother giving him a look at the NHL level? Even Hathaway was a PPG player down there before he was called up.

Yeah, not sure that Klimmer amounts to much. Maybe a year or two and he carves out a Hath type career.

We really flubbed those first round picks in 2013 minus Mony. Boy we should have just gone for the prospects rather than the picks.

Reactions: Cyrano and Dack

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Last edited:

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
I mean you hear fringe guys talk all the time about how to make the jump to the next league they start to goon their game up and prove to coaches they can throw punches... maybe that's what McDonald has in mind too :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad