Prospect Info: 2017-18 Stockton Heat & Prospect Stats/Discussion (CHL, NCAA, Europe, AHL, ECHL)

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
One name nobody seems to be talking about is Joly. Guy just matched his season totals last year in 25 games less and still has lots of season left.

Great season compared to last but not exceptional for a D+1 in the Q. I think he plays in the NHL at some point but as a Freddie Hamilton-style 13th forward.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Got to see Valimaki in Lethbridge last night. Had a highlight reel goal. Definitely ready for the next step (AHL) . He jumps up into the play so much but is always back in position on D. Very exciting prospect.
I watched him tonight in Calgary don't think he had a point but he was the best player on the ice had one bad play where he tried to clear it himself and got it taken away behind the net which resulted in a goal 30 seconds later and one Flames style screwed up bump back. But even with those two plays he probably created 10 scoring chances for his team and showed off how good his hands were. It was the best game I've seen by him and I've probably seen 15 games since we drafted him.

He could have had 3-4 points. It was a beastly performance that didn't show up in the box score, the creativity he displayed was awesome and he's also really strong. At one point he carried the puck into the offensive zone and was surrounded by 4 Hitmen players but managed to come out with the puck and send it back to one of his teammates in the NZ.

Jake Bean had a couple points off of nice point shots but didn't do a whole lot. Rasmussen was awful he throws blind passes to no one constantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Looks like Joseph Cramarossa was traded to Wilkes-Barre for Colin Smith. Off the top of my head, Smith was a former junior league scorer, so he should provide a slight bit more offense to replace the recalled guys.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
I'd completely forgotten we even had Cramarossa. I've really been slipping on keeping up with the Heat this season

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Looks like Joseph Cramarossa was traded to Wilkes-Barre for Colin Smith. Off the top of my head, Smith was a former junior league scorer, so he should provide a slight bit more offense to replace the recalled guys.
He's also a C which the Heat really need

Dack

Jun 16, 2014

Pronman was at the Stockton-San Jose game where the Heat had a 3rd period comeback for an OT win. He's always been high on Kylington and seems to be coming around on Andersson as well who he wasn't a fan of in the past. He also likes Fox and Valimaki based on his last tweets I wouldn't be surprised if all 4 of them were considered top 20 D prospects by him (he's higher on Kylington than most).

Andersson had 2+1 all 5v5 primary points. Kylington had 2 primary assists one in OT and one 5v5.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Not sure have you Flames fans talked about Glenn Gawdin here much,
but here is some of his stats from this season so far

In 58 games:

- 50 goals (3rd)
- 59 assists (3rd)
- 109 points (1st)
|
-19 pp goals (1st)
- 24 pp assists (5th)
- 43 pp points (1st)
- 2 sh goals
- 1 sh assist
- 3 sh points
- 8 gw goals (2nd)

- 238 sog (9th)
- +52 (1st)
- 863 face-off wins (1st)

- almost 100 penalty minutes (96) (6th)
- almost 60% at face-offs (58,5) (1st)
- 1.88 ppg (4th)
- 1.66 penalties per game (14th, 30 games or more played)​

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Andersson is having an absolutely incredibly dominant AHL season. It's not even fair when he's out there. He's THAT good. Absolute joke he's not a mainstay in the NHL yet.

Kylington also having a fantastic season. Progressing excellently in all areas of his game by all accounts. Still commits some brutal turnovers and goes for the risky play a few too many times but he's really cleaned that part of his game up over his first 3 AHL seasons.

The Flames are absolutely stacked on the backend in terms of D-man prospects between those 2, Valimaki, and Fox.

Makes me salivate

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Not sure have you Flames fans talked about Glenn Gawdin here much,
but here is some of his stats from this season so far

In 58 games:

- 50 goals (3rd)
- 59 assists (3rd)
- 109 points (1st)
|
-19 pp goals (1st)
- 24 pp assists (5th)
- 43 pp points (1st)
- 2 sh goals
- 1 sh assist
- 3 sh points
- 8 gw goals (2nd)

- 238 sog (9th)
- +52 (1st)
- 863 face-off wins (1st)

- almost 100 penalty minutes (96) (6th)
- almost 60% at face-offs (58,5) (1st)
- 1.88 ppg (4th)
- 1.66 penalties per game (14th, 30 games or more played)​

Overager...

But what really impressed me about him in rookie camp was his physicality. Which kind of makes me think he could help our putrid bottom 6.

Edit: Rasmus Andersson has himself a monster night

Last edited:

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
The rest of the league is pretty high on Kylington too, he gets great value in trade proposals. If we can package him for a winger I’d do it for sure. The problem with Kylington is he plays a high risk game and you can’t really have that on your third pairing

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
When it comes to Pronman claiming he's watched alot of games, take it with a huge grain of salt. Remember when he claimed to watch alot of Providence college games? Then made stupid claims about Jankowski. In fact I think it happened twice. I think it was claiming he wasn't a C in his senior year and then claiming Janko was benched in his final game at PC when everyone watching knew he was sick or injured.

If you look up the work hack in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of Pronman's face. The fact people pay to read his prospect opinions,is proof of how stupid the avsraga person is.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
When it comes to Pronman claiming he's watched alot of games, take it with a huge grain of salt. Remember when he claimed to watch alot of Providence college games? Then made stupid claims about Jankowski. In fact I think it happened twice. I think it was claiming he wasn't a C in his senior year and then claiming Janko was benched in his final game at PC when everyone watching knew he was sick or injured.

If you look up the work hack in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of Pronman's face. The fact people pay to read his prospect opinions,is proof of how stupid the avsraga person is.
Don't remember that. I know Lambert said both of those things and that Jankowski was their 3rd line center are you sure that' not who you're thinking of? He also said that Janko wouldn't even be a good Ahler.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Don't remember that. I know Lambert said both of those things and that Jankowski was their 3rd line center are you sure that' not who you're thinking of? He also said that Janko wouldn't even be a good Ahler.
You are right, Pronman was the one spouting crap about Gaudreau, Lambert about Jankowski. They are both teh same quality of "journalist"

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
You are right, Pronman was the one spouting crap about Gaudreau, Lambert about Jankowski. They are both teh same quality of "journalist"
I don't remember the Gaudreau stuff either I know he didn't rank him as high as a lot of us thought he should have been but he still had Gaudreau as a top 25 prospect. I think that just comes down to opinion and in this case he was wrong.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Overager...

But what really impressed me about him in rookie camp was his physicality. Which kind of makes me think he could help our putrid bottom 6.

Edit: Rasmus Andersson has himself a monster night

You're always wary of the over-agers putting on a show in the CHL. You're talking about men playing against 16 year old boys in some cases. It is positive however, independent of that.

Like, we were lucky to get a lot of Colts games when Andersson and Mangi were there; and it was great watching them. You knew both those guys were going to translate well in professional. It wasn't that CHL streaking down the wing with the wrister to beat the goalie type goal... it was pure skill.

I haven't seen a lot of Gawdin's play. But the thing that does scare me is his numbers jump off the page this season; like he's never shown he can do something like this until he was damn near 21. It'll be nice to see him in Stockton next year to see what we actually have here. Pretty easy for a 20-21 year old with some skill to pound on 16/17 year old boys.

Reactions: Cyrano

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Klimchuk has been recalled I'm actually kind of excited for his debut I think he's the kind of guy who will be better than we expect based off of his AHL numbers.

Also Anderssons assist last night was a beauty.

Reactions: Method Man

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
The rest of the league is pretty high on Kylington too, he gets great value in trade proposals. If we can package him for a winger I’d do it for sure. The problem with Kylington is he plays a high risk game and you can’t really have that on your third pairing
Not a chance.

Trade one of the existing D for winger help if you must, but even then the problem with this team isn't in the top six, it's the bottom six, a bit. Moreso the PP.

Reactions: Calculon and Dack

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Klimchuk has been recalled I'm actually kind of excited for his debut I think he's the kind of guy who will be better than we expect based off of his AHL numbers.

Also Anderssons assist last night was a beauty.

Did someone go down in the Nashville game? I was working so I missed it.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
When you've been marinating the guy for years in the AHL and he never seems to leap forward and show that he's too good for the league, why the **** would you bother giving him a look at the NHL level? Even Hathaway was a PPG player down there before he was called up.

Damn. Cyrano must be pissed at this news.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The Heat got 2 much needed wins over San Jose this weekend as they cling onto their playoff lives. McDonald was in net for both games, making 25 saves in each game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad