Prospect Info: 2017-18 Stockton Heat & Prospect Stats/Discussion (CHL, NCAA, Europe, AHL, ECHL)

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Andersson could play bottom pairing minutes right now and look acceptable

Kylington just needs to build up his strength. Maybe a year or two away but I think he'll get there too.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
8 points in Foo’s last 4 games. Looks like he’s figuring out the AHL

We seriously need another goal scorer, maybe he can be that missing piece. He compared himself to Guentzel before the season...

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I miss the old days when the Flames actually knew how to sign good college FAs

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I'll start getting hyped about Gawdin once he produces away from Heponiemi but in the times I've watched him I've been very impressed. Next year is huge for him, he could very well be a great find.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Is it time to really start talking about Gawdin? With the season he's having, he's a sleeper candidate to break into my top five. Pretty much positive he has middle six upside, although we're gonna have to see him in Stockton first.

I don't like to get excited about overagers in junior until I see how they do Pro. Way too many guys have torn up junior as overagers with skilled linemates.

Am I excited to see how he does in Stockton, where our center depth is abysmal? Absolutely.

Not to mention who would he bump out of the top 5?

If there is anyone I would bump up in that list a little, it would be Joly.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I totally forget about Gawdin when I think of Calgary prospects. Kind of a forgotten member of the team because of the undrafted status.

Who knows. Let's see what he does in Stockton before we really find out what we have. Using junior numbers are super misleading, hell, using junior play can be ultra misleading. Leafs fans still cling onto Marner >> Tkachuk because in London Marner was the key player. Even though as of today, Tkachuk is the superior player by a margin.

On a side note, apparently Spencer Foo and Pollock have been lights out for Stockton after the entire top 6 found it's way to Calgary (no, duh, not the real top 6, just a hyperbole). It'll be interesting to see what we have in some of these guys now that some of the bigger names are in Calgary. Additionally, Andersson continues to be Stockton's MVP; kid's a stud.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
They have to figure out a way to get Andersson onto the team next season. They either need they go big and move Hamilton for an elite offensive driver upfront or move Stone to recoup some picks.

I’m on the fence about this. I love Dougie but I think he’s at the point in his career where he has the highest value. I wouldn’t be opposed to moving him for an elite RW. Stone could be a temporary top 4 solution and as Andersson develops he could hopefully slot into the top 4 and then one of valimaki/Fox/Kylington could replace Stone at the end of his contract.

I don’t think you move him unless it’s a proven young forward though. If not Stone is the easy move to make this summer

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
I totally forget about Gawdin when I think of Calgary prospects. Kind of a forgotten member of the team because of the undrafted status.

Who knows. Let's see what he does in Stockton before we really find out what we have. Using junior numbers are super misleading, hell, using junior play can be ultra misleading. Leafs fans still cling onto Marner >> Tkachuk because in London Marner was the key player. Even though as of today, Tkachuk is the superior player by a margin.

On a side note, apparently Spencer Foo and Pollock have been lights out for Stockton after the entire top 6 found it's way to Calgary (no, duh, not the real top 6, just a hyperbole). It'll be interesting to see what we have in some of these guys now that some of the bigger names are in Calgary. Additionally, Andersson continues to be Stockton's MVP; kid's a stud.

Gawdin was drafted in the 4th round in 2015 by St. Louis. They didn't sign him so we signed him as a free agent,

Also, while Foo has been excellent for the last dozen games for Stockton, Pollock has only picked it up recently with 5 points in his last 3 games (only had 1 point in his first 15 games)

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Trading Dougie is among the dumbest things this team could do right now.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Good for Spencer.
I still think there's some upside there. A full season of seasoning in the AHL, followed by a good summer... who knows, he could compete for a bottom 6 spot.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Good for Spencer.
I still think there's some upside there. A full season of seasoning in the AHL, followed by a good summer... who knows, he could compete for a bottom 6 spot.

I think we'll have more than a few bodies fighting for those spots which is nice. Klimchuk, Mangiapane, Hathaway, Dube, Foo, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad